The Omaha Scoreboard

94,324 Views | 976 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dixichkn
MROD92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, especially with the score 5-0. Blue made a call like that last night and game 3 isn't even needed
MidTnAg
AG
Sadly, the person who was definitely the most valuable player for Oregon State was Eric Cole, Arkansas's right fielder.
Without his hesitancy to attempt to catch a foul ball, Oregon State would never have won the 2018 CWS.
I feel bad for Mr. Cole. This will be a huge disappointment for him forever.
Texags is garbage
I can't help but think that was an FU to the pigs from the blue.
Scotty Appleton
Seriously, gonna ***** about the umps after they took 2 runs off the board for OSU in game 1?

The better team won. Plain and simple
hillcountryag86
AG
Congrats, OS!
Muy
AG
Nobody's *****ing about the ump. I think it's hilarious, but it was a terrible call.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Catcher needs to ease up on the roids. I get the celebration, but for goodness sake, no need to ****ing kill the guy
Belton Ag
AG
Last call was awful, but not like it really mattered.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Scotty Appleton said:

Seriously, gonna ***** about the umps after they took 2 runs off the board for OSU in game 1?

The better team won. Plain and simple

I'm biching about the fact that it kind of cheapens a moment that will be replayed forever for some of these guys. I dont give 2 squirts that the hillbillys lost
Scotty Appleton
It was a bad strike call, but it isn't like they took a run off the board.
MidTnAg
AG
If Mr. Cole had caught the foul ball, what would you have said then?
Texags is garbage
Muy said:

Nobody's *****ing about the ump. I think it's hilarious, but it was a terrible call.

Exactly, can't speak for everybody, but I was personally going for OSU. Ringing him up there was somewhat comical.
hillcountryag86
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Catcher needs to ease up on the roids. I get the celebration, but for goodness sake, no need to ****ing kill the guy

They deserve the celebration
Scotty Appleton
I would have said The better team lost. OSU more than doubled up Arky in hits and were on the wrong end of 2 big judgement calls.

I would say karma evened out with that play.
DannyDuberstein
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

They deserve the celebration

Not saying they didn't. I meant that he drove his great pitcher wih a million dollar arm about 8 yards into the backfield and buried him into the turf like Daylon Mack would a qb. The tackle celebration is normal. But dont think I've seen one that could have drawn a 15 yard penalty
Ag 11
AG
Well he was on the football team...
PhatMack19
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

He's a former football player and tackled Christian McCaffery once. The announcers made sure to tell us about it every single time he batted the entire post season.
TxAg76
AG

Too bad for pigs.
Defenders of alleged child molester get trophy.

Messed up.
Agsncws
AG
PhatMack19 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

He's a former football player and tackled Christian McCaffery once. The announcers made sure to tell us about it every single time he batted the entire post season.
Pretty sure it's a big deal any time an Oregon State defender tackled McCaffrey.
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qh0MyYgSAQsDxvvIIU3ehE1nf8WWLQEa/view?usp=sharing[/url]
Hoss Bronco
AG
I've got to disagree with you here. The first baseman was going to catch it until Shaddy came flying in, bumped into the first baseman, and overran the ball. Shaddy is the clear goat here, which is why the camera kept cutting over to him the rest of the game.
DannyDuberstein
AG
On the brightside, he can now write "Luke Heimlich, National Champion" when he fills out the sex offender registration paperwork at his next address.
DannyDuberstein
AG
RF should have come in more aggressively and owned that ball, but Shaddy was definitely a problem as well. So much so that what RF did or didnt do may not have mattered. They basically represented 2 ends of the "how to F up a shallow popup" spectrum - the tentative pussbag and the spaz

I would be curious to see Shaddy's approach if the RF had shown more initiative from the start. Maybe he spazzes anyway. Maybe not.
TxAg76
AG
Hoss Bronco said:

I've got to disagree with you here. The first baseman was going to catch it until Shaddy came flying in, bumped into the first baseman, and overran the ball. Shaddy is the clear goat here, which is why the camera kept cutting over to him the rest of the game.

Shaddy F'd it all up.

And it's the RF's ball, he had the angle. Shaddy charged thru, the RF stopped, and it still damn near hit the RF in the foot.
ORAggieFan
The best team over the last two years won. Most dominate team last 15 years.
84AGEC
AG
Catch a routine foul ball and you win
94chem
Hoss Bronco said:

That's never the 1st baseman's ball if anyone else can get there. 1st base could have peeled off. RF is the one who didn't take charge.
pdaddy
AG
"The Arkansas Triangle"
Ag12thman
AG
Yep and it's gonna haunt him for a long, long time.
Ag12thman
AG
Think we all saw what 1 dominant pitcher can do for a team. What a performance by the OSU fish. Hats off to the kid.
Charlie 31
AG
pdaddy said:

"The Arkansas Triangle"
TexasRebel
AG
Charlie 31 said:

pdaddy said:

"The Arkansas Triangle"

I'll be the ball.
Hoss Bronco
AG
94chem said:

Hoss Bronco said:

That's never the 1st baseman's ball if anyone else can get there. 1st base could have peeled off. RF is the one who didn't take charge.
The 1st baseman did peel off when he got bumped into. He did exactly what he was supposed to, though he proved the day before that he was fully capable of catching it. Nobody called him off. If anyone is blameless it's him. RF didn't call for it, probably thinking 1st base had the best shot. Shaddy was reckless and then failed to finish.
dixichkn
AG
It probably IS "supposed to" be the RF's play, but right from the get go it looked like first baseman had the best jump on it and the best shot of getting to it. The LAST guy involved in that play should have been Shaddy. Looked like he was looking for his SportsCenter moment. The way I saw it anyway........

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.