*****Aggies vs. Indiana-Austin Regional Sunday*****

208,208 Views | 1934 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieBand2004
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll have you know I didn't say one bad word during today's game. Not like yesterday.,,

I drank the koolaid hard this year wanting a return trip to the CWS. But it became evident to me pretty early on that it just wasn't going to be. Actually, but for a decent showing in the SEC tourney, I don't think we would have even been in the tournament field. What a meltdown that would have been...

If I'm the AD, I don't know what to do. Anytime a team wins 2/3 of their games, it's hard to change the lead horses. However, many of those wins were against less than stellar opponents. On the other hand, the current coaches have seemed to hit a plateau. Are they the ones capable of taking us to the promised land? If not, cut your losses & hire someone who can. This fan base deserves the very best.

In the end, I was hoping for a trip to the CWS. And, guess what? I got it by going to D2 WS in North Carolina last week. Great experience no matter the level.

Now that this season is over, I'm going to miss this "community" of baseball fans. Lord willing, I'll be back next year because there's always going to be a "next year".

God bless.
fieldtrailer
AG
AggieFrog said:

Raggie21 said:

This was a bad season. Losing half of our series is not meh it's way below expectations here. We should be minimum a decent 2 seed, better than 11th in conference.

If we were still in the Big 12 I'd agree, but the SEC is just a whole other level. Will just have to disagree.

Even Childress said (before season) that this was one his best teams. Has to be considered a disappointment. Always a struggle, especially in SEC. LSU series only positive until tourney.
dixichkn
AG
I'm gonna get ripped head to toe for this one and I honestly don't give a sh........all of y'all that were sitting there on Monday high fiving each other and all ecstatic that we were going to Asstin, "woo hoo let's go beat that sip ass, mediocre BDF team, we should tear this region up" etc etc........do you think we got served a case of "be careful what you wish for"? Yeah we probably should have won this region based on the competition. But would we have not been a little better served going to a regional where that rival factor doesn't kick in? Given our history with those puke orange ***wipes........think the pressure got to em a little bit? I just feel like we'd have done better somewhere else without the BTHOtu thing in their heads the whole time. Started yesterday and today both wound too tight.

And what's worse is I have zero doubt Ole Piss will take them out in two straight next weekend.
MidTnAg
AG
Quote:

I'm gonna get ripped head to toe for this one and I honestly don't give a sh........all of y'all that were sitting there on Monday high fiving each other and all ecstatic that we were going to Austin, "woo hoo let's go beat that sip ass, mediocre BDF team, we should tear this region up" etc. etc...
These individuals just don't understand. Playing the sips just raises their status and lowers ours.
Did anyone notice how much publicity the sips have received so far.
Even during our game with them, the publicity for them was huge.
ApachePilot
AG
Beat them then. Don't lay down. The fire this team had last week was gone.
W
AG
A&M was ranked #10 in D1 Baseball's preseason top 10 poll
W
AG
a couple of strange stats...

2017 final W-L record ---> 41-23

2018 final W-L record ---> 40-22

---------------------------------------------

the 2017 club in the postseason (SEC tournament, regional, SR, CWS) ---> 5-3

the 2018 club in the postseason ---> 4-3
rockylarues
Quote:

These individuals just don't understand. Playing the sips just raises their status and lowers ours.

Weren't they a higher seed and regional host? How do you figure playing you guys elevated their status? Only thing that lowered your status was getting eliminated.

I hate UT as much as the next guy, but a little objectivity would help.
Bunk Moreland
W said:

a couple of strange stats...

2017 final W-L record ---> 41-23

2018 final W-L record ---> 40-22

---------------------------------------------

the 2017 club in the postseason (SEC tournament, regional, SR, CWS) ---> 5-3

the 2018 club in the postseason ---> 4-3

Yep. As I stated last year I was happy Rob finally "got lucky" with a draw to advance further than they probably should have, but really expected a step forward this year.

Next year needs to be injected with power from the 3b position and more consistent OF play. And even as weird as the era stat in the sec is...better pitching.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Nm - i posted without context
AggieBand2004
AG
fieldtrailer said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

No way to have a pitcher warm quick enough to stop it

Then have him already warmed up.

Your level of baseball stupidity is staggering. And that you've managed to keep it so consistently high over a long period of time is really something to behold

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.