*****Aggies vs. Ole Miss-Thursday*****

61,478 Views | 811 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Kszot
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggies2009 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

That's a fair post... I'll agree with most of it.

Then again, the overwhelming potbanger talking points were that "it doesn't matter how great a team we were because we didn't get to Omaha". But then that changed when we did make Omaha with a "lesser" team.
If someone here makes that argument, by all means argue with them about it, but save me some time and don't trick me into reading a response to something I didn't say.
The common sense would dictate that that part of my post wasn't directed at you, wouldn't it? I do specifically remember you saying after 2015 that we had a great season. At least you're consistent on that.
I don't remember what I said in 2015. You need a different hobby than TexAgs scorekeeper.
histag10
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

histag10 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

Then again, the overwhelming potbanger talking points were that "it doesn't matter how great a team we were because we didn't get to Omaha". But then that changed when we did make Omaha with a "lesser" team.
If someone here makes that argument, by all means argue with them about it, but save me some time and don't trick me into reading a response to something I didn't say.

Kind of like where you omitted the part of my post where ij basically said the same thing as you? Top 16 =/= best 16
If I left something in the following where you "basically say" the "best 16" teams in a given year aren't the "top 16", then it was entirely unintentional.

Quote:

Top 16 teams in 1 year do not necessarily mean the same top 16 in later years.

You can't say "top 16 teams" and then start picking and choosing teams from dfifferent seasons.

The year we made Omaha we were a top 16 team. The years we didn't, we weren't. Maybe the competition was tougher those years.

Edit to add that top 16 teams does not necessarily mean best 16 teams. It just means you won the right games at the right time in the right places.

The above part. Which was posted quite a bit before you replied.
The Debt
Now you're just making stuff up. I always said we took care of the lesser team placed in front of us. You keep contending that beating Davidson was tantamount to beating a team like UNC.

Let me ask you, would you have preferred to play UNC for that super or Davidson? You seem to think defeating Davidson was some herculean accomplishment that validated our season.
Aggies2009
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Aggies2009 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

The common sense would dictate that that part of my post wasn't directed at you, wouldn't it? I do specifically remember you saying after 2015 that we had a great season. At least you're consistent on that.
I don't remember what I said in 2015. You need a different hobby than TexAgs scorekeeper.
I'm sorry that you have a terrible memory.

Also, you have 31,000 posts on this site to my 7,000. Who needs a better hobby here?
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

The above part. Which was posted quite a bit before you replied.
I obviously did not see it.

But that's a damn weird distinction and if that's your opinion, than I'm less clear about why you responded that way about "top" teams to a post where The Debt used "better."
The Debt
Quote:

Cal Fullerton left the cws before us last year.

Start pumping.

ThAt SiDe oF dA bRaCkEt pLaYeD FiRsT

ja86
AG
jkag89 said:

Yet somehow four games into a 30 game conference slate is already defining the Ags season, Considering how the Ags started the SEC last season (and looked far far worse) you would think some would step back from the cliff a bit.

Did I once say defining... don't be a ****ing dick. Don't compare a 100+ game season to less. That is all I am saying.
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

Also, you have 31,000 posts on this site to my 7,000. Who needs a better hobby here?
I would contend your 7,000 posts would be a better hobby if a single one wasn't focused on judging the character and good Aggieness of others and trashing those you judge negatively.

But I digress before I'm accused of doing the same.
Aggie12B
AG
The best team doesn't always win. Yes, it sucks that we lost this game; especially considering how well Kolek pitched. He pitched well enough that he deserved to get the win.

Everyteam that plays loses some games that they should not lose, and they usually win games that they should have lost.

Since 1947, there have only been 17 teams that won the College World Series with SINGLE-DIGIT losses at the end of the season. Cal St Fullerton was the last team to do it back in 1995 (RIP Augie). Hell, Fresno St won it all in 2008 and they had 31 losses.

THIS SEASON IS FAR FROM OVER! All it takes is for a team to get hot at the right time, make their conference tourney, make it in the field of 64, and make sure they win the last 2 games of the season!
jkag89
Yep, they are are also the same folks who will weep, wail & gnash their teeth that the NCAA Committee always screws us by giving a super tough Road to Omaha yet when we catch a break it somehow doesn't really count because it wasn't against tougher competition. I'm sure The Debt thinks I should be super depressed not only in that it has been 1993 since the Ags earned a W in Omaha but also because it was not against one of the Who's Who but to usually lowly Kansas.
Aggies2009
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

I would contend your 7,000 posts would be a better hobby if a single one wasn't focused on judging the character and good Aggieness of others and trashing those you judge negatively.

You're right. Spending 31,000 posts here is a FAR better hobby because I said something you didn't like.... Awesome logic there.
The Debt
jkag89 said:

Yep, they are are also the same folks who will weep, wail & gnash their teeth that the NCAA Committee always screws us by giving a super tough Road to Omaha yet when we catch a break it somehow doesn't really count because it wasn't against tougher competition. I'm sure The Debt thinks I should be super depressed not only in that it has been 1993 since the Ags earned a W in Omaha but also because it was not against one of the Who's Who but to usually lowly Kansas.

Man, someday you need to invite me over and show me all the imaginary championship banners you hung in your den.
Aggies2009
AG
jkag89 said:

Yeah... How dare you enjoy baseball?! You need to be as miserable as those two are!
TXAggie2011
AG
Aggies2009 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

You're right. Spending 31,000 posts here is a FAR better hobby because I said something you didn't like.... Awesome logic there.
Don't flatter yourself.
TXAggie2011
AG
And its not that I didn't like it. Its that I had to read about an argument you're having in your head.
Aggies2009
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Aggies2009 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

Don't flatter yourself.
Yeah, sorry. Let me take it from you, someone who's bled all over this site to the tune of 31,000 posts in less time. Awesome hobby you've got there!
jkag89
ja86 said:

jkag89 said:

Yet somehow four games into a 30 game conference slate is already defining the Ags season, Considering how the Ags started the SEC last season (and looked far far worse) you would think some would step back from the cliff a bit.

Did I once say defining... don't be a ****ing dick. Don't compare a 100+ game season to less. That is all I am saying.
Sorry it you missed my point because I used an MLB examples. The point I was trying to make with that post was that **** happens in baseball and even the best teams have stretches in which they look horrible.
The Debt
Weird efight between a Top 750 starred contributor vs a Top 1500 starred contributor.
Aggies2009
AG
The Debt said:

Weird efight between a Top 750 starred contributor vs a Top 1500 starred contributor.
Considering I've posted less than a quarter of the times he has, wouldn't that mean I'm better in stars/post?
The Debt
Aggies2009 said:

The Debt said:

Considering I've posted less than a quarter of the times he has, wouldn't that mean I'm better, per capita?

Premium posters get 2x stars. The potd metric has confirmed this.
TXAggie2011
AG
Aggies2009 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Aggies2009 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

Don't flatter yourself.
Yeah, sorry. Let me take it from you, someone who's bled all over this site to the tune of 31,000 posts in less time. Awesome hobby you've got there!

I'm not saying my TexAgs posting is the pinnacle of hobbies. I don't care how many posts you or I have, I'm just saying you come here looking to be pissed off so no wonder you get so pissed off even when the offending argument isn't in front of you.
Aggies2009
AG
The Debt said:

Aggies2009 said:

The Debt said:

Considering I've posted less than a quarter of the times he has, wouldn't that mean I'm better, per capita?

Wait... Has this really been researched and investigated? Lmao

Premium or basic? Cause I'm not premium... I bought it briefly to add my 12th man badge but I don't pay for either and haven't for a while. But that star is still there for some reason.
Aggies2009
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Aggies2009 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Aggies2009 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

Don't flatter yourself.

I'm not saying my TexAgs posting is the pinnacle of hobbies. I don't care how many posts you or I have, I'm just saying you come here looking to be pissed off so no wonder you get so pissed off even when the offending argument isn't in front of you.
Neat.
Aggie12B
AG
The Debt said:

Quote:

Cal Fullerton left the cws before us last year.

Start pumping.

ThAt SiDe oF dA bRaCkEt pLaYeD FiRsT

We BOTH went 0-2 at last year's College World Series, but Cal St Fullerton was the FIRST team that was eliminated last year. The fact that that side of the bracket played first is just a technicality.
The Debt
Aggies2009 said:

The Debt said:

Aggies2009 said:

The Debt said:

Wait... Has this really been researched and investigated? Lmao

Premium or basic? Cause I'm not premium...

The premium board has some exponential star algorithm. Somehow they always win POTD when more people visit, participate, and star on the Zoo.

If a poster gets 300 stars on the free board; somehow the premium board, with fewer people, get 400...It's very suspect.
jkag89
The Debt said:

jkag89 said:

Man, someday you need to invite me over and show me all the imaginary championship banners you hung in your den.

Aggies2009
AG
Lmao that's awesome...

Well, most of my posts are on this forum which isn't heavily travelled. Thankfully.
TXAggie2011
AG
Middle edit was a good one. "Pretty low, even for [TXAggie2011]".

Not a fan?
histag10
AG
Well guys, I'm going to bow out. This has turned into a dick measuring contest. And, well, I'm a woman and dont have one.

Good night!
Aggies2009
AG
Nah it seems to be getting more chill now that the game is over for a while. Night!
The Debt
My SO was always amazed at the volume of posting that happens on this site. Tens of thousands of degreed Americans discussing sports and news
Millions of manhours. She thought we should be able to better mankind somehow but the best thing we have accomplished is wondering what Fran would look like with different moustaches.
histag10
AG
And the outing of mfbarnes

And determining what is and is not a special edition custom yeti cooler .

The Debt
4chan is weaponized autism where they can peice together coordinates of pics online using wind direction of leaves in pic, flightaware, and regional vegetation.

We have that on the OB...but we don't use it to screw with Shia Labeouf.
Aggies2009
AG
The Debt said:

My SO was always amazed at the volume of posting that happens on this site. Tens of thousands of degreed Americans discussing sports and news
Millions of manhours. She thought we should be able to better mankind somehow but the best thing we have accomplished is wondering what Fran would look like with different moustaches.

Lmao like 4chan finding Shia LaBeoufs flag despite only having it pointing at the sky. They used star patterns, flight maps, the sounds of specific frogs, etc and found it in a day and a half. What if they got together to olve world hunger?!
Aggies2009
AG
The Debt said:

4chan is weaponized autism where they can peice together coordinates of pics online using wind direction of leaves in pic, flightaware, and regional vegetation.

We have that on the OB...but we don't use it to screw with Shia Labeouf.

Dude you beat me to it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.