*****Aggies vs. Ole Miss-Thursday*****

61,455 Views | 811 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Kszot
aggiewilliford
How long do you want to ignore this user?
histag10 said:

The Debt said:

It's hard to win series when you drop game 1.

If we can't figure out our "friday" approach, we will end up around .500 in league play.

Of course, but calling it "disasterous" is about as on point as a 16 year old girl calling a zit before prom disasterous.

This made me chuckle
Amazing Moves
you moran said:

Gave that one away. Need to take the next 2. Too many LOBs in this one by the Ags and Ole Miss fully capitalized on some shoddy defense in the 8th.
No. Hoffman had his first horrible outing at the wrong time. Plus too many LOB. He's been up and down in his last 2 appearances which were in SEC play. I hope that doesn't turn into an issue. Chafin pitched great tonight. Hopefully he's turning the corner.

Where was Andritsos?
96ags
AG
Amazing Moves said:

you moran said:

Gave that one away. Need to take the next 2. Too many LOBs in this one by the Ags and Ole Miss fully capitalized on some shoddy defense in the 8th.
No. Hoffman had his first horrible outing at the wrong time. Plus too many LOB. He's been up and down in his last 2 appearances which were in SEC play. I hope that doesn't turn into an issue. Chafin pitched great tonight. Hopefully he's turning the corner.

Where was Andritsos?

Hoffman was far from horrible
Aggie12B
AG
Sean98 said:

Funny game... Walters' double should have been an out but it scored a run... but if it hadn't bounced over the wall it would have scored TWO.

We lose by 1.

Tough loss to a good team. We should have won that game. This team has a lot of "so close" so far this year. I have no doubt Janca would have made that play at 3rd that Wingate just missed. But he's dinged (and frankly been so disastrous at the plate all year he might not have been in the game depending on the score) so he's not in there. We have 3 terrible Ks with the bases loaded in the game, 2 in the 8th from our 3/4 hitters.

This was a giant sheety day at work and I get home just in time to watch us melt a little. Need Dox to have a nice game tomorrow, but more importantly we need a few timely hits to wake this team up.
you should have stayed at work
TMF
AG
Team just doesn't have the mental make up to be a great team. We are close but just avg.
The Debt
histag10 said:

The Debt said:

If we can't figure out our "friday" approach, we will end up around .500 in league play.

Of course, but calling it "disasterous" is about as on point as a 16 year old girl calling a zit before prom disasterous.

We are now 1-4 in the last 5.... with coinflip tomorrow.

We could probably start sec play 1-5 with these quality opponents....no one would be proud of that, but somehow people here equivocate and say "it could be worse."
Aggies2009
AG
The Debt said:

histag10 said:

The Debt said:

We are now 1-4 in the last 5.... with coinflip tomorrow.

We could probably start sec play 1-5 with these quality opponents....no one would be proud of that, but somehow people here equivocate and say "it could be worse."

We went to Omaha last year starting 0-5.

Do you ever get tired of humiliating yourself?
histag10
AG
I just think "disasterous" is an overstatement.

And it could be worse. We could have lost all 5.
jkag89
histag10 said:

96ags said:

histag10 said:

BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Our team is in trouble if we can't Field better... blowing too many close games

Fielding isn't the reason for this loss. HRs are the reason. And LOB

Absolutely not. An error in LF allowed the winning run to score. And Wingate miss played a ball before that would have got out of the inning. Of course it was defense.

Or, you know, 10 hits with 4 runs and several walked batters LOB.

But sure. 100% defense. Had nothing to do with our offense or their offense.
Without the error we still would be playing.

I really do not understand why some here never give the opposition pitching one iota of credit when they work out of trouble. It is always we're playing tight, or taking too many pitches, or not showing enough patience at the plate, etc. etc. etc. . .
ProudAg16
AG
96ags said:

Amazing Moves said:

you moran said:

Where was Andritsos?

This. A couple bloop hits and an outfielding error on a routine play cost us.

LOB is frustrating, but mass runs in this league (on a friday night) are never givens.
96ags
AG
jkag89 said:

histag10 said:

96ags said:

histag10 said:

BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Absolutely not. An error in LF allowed the winning run to score. And Wingate miss played a ball before that would have got out of the inning. Of course it was defense.

I really do not understand why some here never give the opposition pitching one iota of credit when they work out of trouble. It is always we're playing tight, or taking too many pitches, or not showing enough patience at the plate, etc. etc. etc. . .
The Debt
Past performance vs. future results.

We got extremely luckily in the supers and again failed to win a single game in Omaha. To hear you say it, we were worldbeaters.
Amazing Moves
fieldtrailer said:

For better or worse, this is the team this year. Good not great pitching, especially middle relievers and closers. One dimensional offense that lacks overall team speed. With the competition in SEC, might be a regional on the road.
I can't argue with this right now. We are the 6th best team imo in the SEC. If Chafin can turn the corner. Sherrod pitch consistently, Coleman takes the next step. Bedford and Janca do what was expected of them. Baine also. Find 1or 2 more pen guys.. we are top 3.

With Andritsos healthy of course. We had Walters, Taylor, and Wingate either starting or pinching early tonight. Those guys are promising for next season but, should normally be bench guys.
Complete Idiot
Fair enough, I can admit "disastrous" is bill Walton level hyperbole. Watched the ag basketball game and have been drinking, sorry. But what is the correct word for losing opener of Home series after going 1-2 on the road with a loss in that series being a blown lead in the 8th and then repeating that tonight to another bullpen and fielding issue. "Harbinger of potential season long issues"? Something better than "disastrous" but that conveys strong concern. "Dire"?
histag10
AG
jkag89 said:

histag10 said:

96ags said:

histag10 said:

BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Their pitching staff did great tonight, but I really didn't think that needed stating. They are (by the numbers) the best (or one of) pitching staff in the country right now.

I'm more disappointing in our offense tonight than I am impressed with their pitching. Their pit hing is expected to be great. It was. Our hitting is supposed to be above average. It wasn't.
jja79
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

There is no way in He** that LSU would let Boomer White call their games ! I want to know why that clown continually calls our games. My wife said he pays the SEC so he can. That's as reasonable an explanation as I can come up with.

The guy was a college baseball stud and very good major leaguer. He knows the game but the fact he played a part in a bad Aggie memory seems something people can't get over. Is every fan base this limp wristed when it comes to announcers?
histag10
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Fair enough, I can admit "disastrous" is bill Walton level hyperbole. Watched the ag basketball game and have been drinking, sorry. But what is the correct word for losing opener of Home series after going 1-2 on the road with a loss in that series being a blown lead in the 8th and then repeating that tonight to another bullpen and fielding issue. "Harbinger of potential season long issues"? Something better than "disastrous" but that conveys strong concern. "Dire"?

Maybe "it's a bit concerning". "This was not a great way to start the series" "this trend is concerning"
Amazing Moves
Quote:

He wasn't all that great or, not his usual self. Is that better?
jkag89
What!?!?!?!?! I thought we were ragging on those being negative tonight. Be consistent with your trolling efforts.
trouble
AG
It's because he freaking lies about his experience at Olsen.

Why in the hell can some of you not understand this?
The Debt
jkag89 said:

What!?!?!?!?! I thought we were ragging on those being negative tonight. Be consistent with your trolling efforts.

It's cute when you can't tell I'm mocking you rainbow bronies.
histag10
AG
The Debt said:

We got extremely luckily in the supers and again failed to win a single game in Omaha. To hear you say it, we were worldbeaters.

We lose, and it's "disasterous"

But we win supers and we "got extremely lucky"
you moran
AG
I'm confused. We are 1-3 in conference right now and we had won our last two games prior to tonight. We beat Auburn in game 3 and then destroyed Rice midweek. So what is this "we have lost 4 out of last 5" and 1-4 stuff. I hope we don't get to 1-4 in conference. Need to take game 2 tomorrow night.
96ags
AG
Amazing Moves said:

Quote:

He wasn't all that great or, not his usual self. Is that better?

I suppose so, but the defense let him down way more than he pitched poorly in my opinion. But he has to wear their mistakes. That is why it is a team game.
The Debt
histag10 said:

The Debt said:

We lose, and it's "disasterous"

But we win supers and we "got extremely lucky"

Do you recall WHO we beat in the supers?

Don't get me wrong, we took care of them like we were suppose to. But let's not act like we were playing a top16 team to advance to Omaha.

When we got to Omaha, we were DESTROYED. Other than our postseason path, we had no business being there. We got handled on both sides of the ball and left 0-2.

I don't drink enough maroon koolaid compared to this board. Yea, it was great to win a super, but be real.
jkag89
Yes. Poor results do not always equate to a poor effort. It was not the Hoffman we have seen most of this season but that inning was not set up by poor pitching. Certainly bad location did allow the hit that gave Ole Miss the lead with help of an error.
histag10
AG
8-4 and 4-1. Yes. Absolutely DESTROYED. We had no business being there. Why even hold a tourament. From now on, if we win supers, lets just withdraw from the tournament.
you moran
AG
Complete Idiot said:

you moran said:

I'm confused. We are 1-3 in conference right now and we had won our last two games prior to tonight. We beat Auburn in game 3 and then destroyed Rice midweek. So what is this "we have lost 4 out of last 5" and 1-4 stuff. I hope we don't get to 1-4 in conference. Need to take game 2 tomorrow night.

You are right, it's 1-3 in conference and only lost 4 of 6. Congrats, you showed whoever it was you are referring to.
Showed? Good God where do you ****ing morons come from.
jkag89
Welcome to baseball, this **** happens even to the best of teams. The Houston Astros got swept by the worse team in the AL (and I think went 1-2 in the other series against the ChiSox) yet somehow won the World Series. The effin' Dodgers went from almost not being able lose for a month and a half to not being able to win for almost three weeks.
histag10
AG
you moran said:

Complete Idiot said:

you moran said:

You are right, it's 1-3 in conference and only lost 4 of 6. Congrats, you showed whoever it was you are referring to.

To be fair, his user name gave us all fair warning.
Complete Idiot
you moran said:

Complete Idiot said:

you moran said:

Not sure if warranted, but potentially another win for you on the minute details internet forum schedule, you are 2-0. Keep up the streak!

Maybe put a comma after God and end in a question mark next time. I'll still give you 2-0 rather than 1-1 or 2-1, I know you are tracking it.
The Debt
histag10 said:

8-4 and 4-1. Yes. Absolutely DESTROYED. We had no business being there. Why even hold a tourament. From now on, if we win supers, lets just withdraw from the tournament.

Well this board seems to think winning supers is the measuring stick of greatness.

"We made it to Omaha hooray"....and got driven out before we checked into the hotel rooms.

"Well that's baseball"
histag10
AG
Complete Idiot said:

you moran said:

Complete Idiot said:

you moran said:

Not sure if warranted, but potentially another win for you on the minute details internet forum schedule, you are 2-0. Keep up the streak!

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?
jkag89
Davidson somehow had enough talent to sweep through the Chapel Hill regional beating the #2 National Seed (North Carolina) twice and a team that somehow beat the eventual NC twice in the regular season (Florida Gulf Coast). How come when t.u. or tech make it to Omaha in such a manner it is a sign of good coaching taking advantage of the situation, when the Ags do it, we just got lucky?
Aggies2009
AG
jja79 said:

Mark Fairchild said:

There is no way in He** that LSU would let Boomer White call their games ! I want to know why that clown continually calls our games. My wife said he pays the SEC so he can. That's as reasonable an explanation as I can come up with.

The guy was a college baseball stud and very good major leaguer. He knows the game but the fact he played a part in a bad Aggie memory seems something people can't get over. Is every fan base this limp wristed when it comes to announcers?
Him playing well doesn't mean that he's not a liar or a terrible announcer. hth

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.