*****Aggies vs. Ole Miss-Thursday*****

61,467 Views | 811 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Kszot
Amazing Moves
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They screwed up ROYALLY tonight. This season is gonna tail spin!!!!!

Edit.. I took my pills a few minutes ago and they are kiiiiiickin in.. I feel like I just grabbed a thousand balloons and am just floating over the city. You know like flying accept its with balloons. Did we win tonight? Back to these balloons.
Aggies2009
AG
Amazing Moves said:

They screwed up ROYALLY tonight. This season is gonna tail spin!!!!!

Edit.. I took my pills a few minutes ago and they are kiiiiiickin in.. I feel like I just grabbed a thousand balloons and am just floating over the city. You know like flying accept with its with balloons. Did we win tonight? Back to these balloons.
Lmao wtf

We've beat ourselves in two of the three SEC losses. If we can correct that we'll be fine.

But we'd better do that soon.
histag10
AG
Staff is on the prowl on this thread.
Aggies2009
AG
histag10 said:

I hope they take the trash out. Last season they were better about keeping the baseball board clean.

This season, not so much.
histag10
AG
Aggies2009 said:

histag10 said:

I hope they take the trash out. Last season they were better about keeping the baseball board clean.

This season, not so much.

Yeah, and they left funny comments on edited posts. Nothing this year.
91 CT
AG
The Debt
Just so we are clear, you think the 4seed Davidson was a top16 team that year?

Look, I already said we did as we were suppose to and took care of them in the supers. Favorable matchups aren't the fault of the victor. But be realistic, Davidson was not "TCU".

For the record, I doubt Davidson could get a win in Omaha either.

Without looking it up, do you know the last time we had a win in Omaha? (It's gonna depress you.) Yet we are in a league with national champions and runners up and we are consistently struggling (and we should be.) We shouldn't expect to sweep #5 team in the country, but we shouldn't have multi-error games. We can't have sub-.200 batters in our lineup. And we won't go far if our relief pitching and closers can't strike out guys.
histag10
AG
The Debt said:

Look, I already said we did as we were suppose to and took care of them in the supers. Favorable matchups aren't the fault of the victor. But be realistic, Davidson was not "TCU".

Without looking it up, do you know the last time we had a win in Omaha? (It's gonna depress you.) Yet we are in a league with national champions and runners up and we are consistently struggling (and we should be.) We shouldn't expect to sweep #5 team in the country, but we shouldn't have multi-error games. We can't have sub-.200 batters in our lineup. And we won't go far if our relief pitching and closers can't strike out guys.

Well, they got there, so yes. I didn't think they would, but they eared that spot. Good for them. They proved people wrong.

If we went off of what people thought, we would skip the whole damn season and send the preseason top 8 to the cws and be done with it.

Aggies2009
AG
histag10 said:

The Debt said:

Well, they got there, so yes. I didn't think they would, but they eared that spot. Good for them. They proved people wrong.

If we went off of what people thought, we would skip the whole damn season and send the preseason top 8 to the cws and be done with it.

Yeaaaaahhhh you see he can use the "it's baseball, it happens" argument when he wants. You can't, though.
The Debt
By that logic the aggie team that got to Omaha was better than the teams that lost to TCU in the supers the previous 2 years.

And I FULLY disagree with that assertion.
histag10
AG
Which is EXACTLY what he did right after you posted.
Aggie
AG
The Debt said:

Without looking it up, do you know the last time we had a win in Omaha? (It's gonna depress you.)

Opening round of the '93 CWS
5-1 over Kansas.

0-8 since that game
histag10
AG
The Debt said:

By that logic the aggie team that got to Omaha was better than the teams that lost to TCU in the supers the previous 2 years.

Top 16 teams in 1 year do not necessarily mean the same top 16 in later years.

You can't say "top 16 teams" and then start picking and choosing teams from dfifferent seasons.

The year we made Omaha we were a top 16 team. The years we didn't, we weren't. Maybe the competition was tougher those years.

Edit to add that top 16 teams does not necessarily mean best 16 teams. It just means you won the right games at the right time in the right places.
Aggies2009
AG
histag10 said:

The Debt said:

You can't say "top 16 teams" and then start picking and choosing teams from dfifferent seasons.

The year we made Omaha we were a top 16 team. The years we didn't, we weren't. Maybe the competition was tougher those years.
Top 8*
jkag89
The Debt said:

For the entire season, no but they somehow had enough talent to sweep through the regional in which they were sent and did not luck out by not having to face North Carolina. They beat the Tar Heels twice on their own field.
Quote:

No but they twice beat a team that had a better regular season than TCU.
Quote:

So? Your point?
Quote:

Without looking it up, do you know the last time we had a win in Omaha?
I've been following Aggie baseball since 1986 so of course I know the Ags last WS win was against Kansas in 1993, I can also name off the top of my head the teams the Ags lost to since that win ('93 LSU, Long Beach St; '99 Florida St, Fullerton; '11 South Carolina, Berkeley and '17 Louisville, TCU.
Quote:

Yet we are in a league with national champions and runners up and we are consistently struggling (and we should be.) We shouldn't expect to sweep #5 team in the country, but we shouldn't have multi-error games. We can't have sub-.200 batters in our lineup. And we won't go far if our relief pitching and closers can't strike out guys.

histag10
AG
Meh. Using his talking point of "top 16"
The Debt
Aggie said:

The Debt said:

Without looking it up, do you know the last time we had a win in Omaha? (It's gonna depress you.)

Opening round of the '93 CWS
5-1 over Kansas.

0-8 since that game

Bingo. We haven't had a single win since before the popularization of email technology and Selena was still alive.

Even that win was a 1seed (us) versus an 8seed. "Yay we took care of an inferior team!" Then lost the next 2.

"Ah! But remember the time we made it to Omaha after we started conference play 0-5! We are so fkin awesome!"
Aggies2009
AG
Ah, yes. We're back to the arbitrary "wins in Omaha, not going to Omaha" metric.

I can't wait til we win a game there and the goalposts will move again to "well we haven't won it all there". Lmao
TXAggie2011
AG
histag10 said:

The Debt said:

You probably mean top 8 the years we made Omaha.

Anyways, I don't think one regional weekend in June defines who really has the best teams and who is really the best 16 teams. Now, I agree that the NCAA tournament is, by and large, what people pay attention to and winning then is the primary goal. Texas A&M made the CWS last year and A&M deserves credit for that and I'd never sit here and try to tear apart a season when A&M went to Omaha.

But I would wholly reject that one or two weekends in June accurately reflect the top 16 or top 8 teams in the nation.

The Debt
histag10 said:

Meh. Using his talking point of "top 16"

Well supers have 16 teams. You believe those are the best teams in the country because "they got there".

Further you believe the aggie teams that died in Lupton were not top 8 teams.
Aggies2009
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

histag10 said:

The Debt said:

You probably mean top 8 the years we made Omaha.

Anyways, I don't think one regional weekend in June defines who really has the best teams and who is really the best 16 teams. Now, I agree that the NCAA tournament is, by and large, what people pay attention to and winning then is the primary goal. Texas A&M made the CWS last year and A&M deserves credit for that and I'd never sit here and try to tear apart a season when A&M went to Omaha.

But I would wholly reject that one or two weekends in June accurately reflect the top 16 or top 8 teams in the nation.

That's a fair post... I'll agree with most of it.

Then again, the overwhelming potbanger talking points were that "it doesn't matter how great a team we were because we didn't get to Omaha". But then that changed when we did make Omaha with a "lesser" team.
TXAggie2011
AG

Quote:

Quote:

The Debt said:
For the entire season, no but they somehow had enough talent to sweep through the regional in which they were sent and did not luck out by not having to face North Carolina. They beat the Tar Heels twice on their own field.
Quote:

Quote:
What exactly is your point?
The Debt
Aggies2009 said:

Ah, yes. We're back to the arbitrary "wins in Omaha, not going to Omaha" metric.

I can't wait til we win a game there and the goalposts will move again to "well we haven't won it all there". Lmao

Only losers are happy just to be invited.

Ya know what. The day we aren't the first team to leave Omaha, is the day I will be the happiest pumper on this board. But until that day...
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

Then again, the overwhelming potbanger talking points were that "it doesn't matter how great a team we were because we didn't get to Omaha". But then that changed when we did make Omaha with a "lesser" team.
If someone here makes that argument, by all means argue with them about it, but save me some time and don't trick me into reading a response to something I didn't say.
The Debt
TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

Quote:

The Debt said:
Quote:

Quote:

He believes in the transitive property of sports.

Davidson beat #2, we beat davidson, therefore we are better than #2.
ja86
AG
jkag89 said:

Welcome to baseball, this **** happens even to the best of teams. The Houston Astros got swept by the worse team in the AL (and I think went 1-2 in the other series against the ChiSox) yet somehow won the World Series. The effin' Dodgers went from almost not being able lose for a month and a half to not being able to win for almost three weeks.

Dude they play so many more games. Don't make an argument based on mlb.
histag10
AG
The Debt said:

Aggies2009 said:

Only losers are happy just to be invited.

Ya know what. The day we aren't the first team to leave Omaha, is the day I will be the happiest pumper on this board. But until that day...

Cal Fullerton left the cws before us last year.

Start pumping.
histag10
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

If someone here makes that argument, by all means argue with them about it, but save me some time and don't trick me into reading a response to something I didn't say.

Kind of like where you omitted the part of my post where ij basically said the same thing as you? Top 16 =/= best 16
Aggies2009
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

The common sense would dictate that that part of my post wasn't directed at you, wouldn't it? I do specifically remember you saying after 2015 that we had a great season. At least you're consistent on that.
jkag89
The Debt said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

Quote:

The Debt said:
Quote:

Quote:

Nope, not my point at all. You were arguing we lucked our way to Omaha. The Ags beat the teams placed in front of them to get there, not sure how the fact that North Carolina **** the bed lessens that achievement?
Aggies2009
AG
jkag89 said:

The Debt said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

Quote:

The Debt said:
Quote:

Quote:

Nope, not my point at all. You were arguing we lucked our way to Omaha. The Ags beat the teams placed in front of them to get there, not sure how the fact that North Carolina **** the bed lessens that achievement?
That was my favorite kafkatrap that was already being argued before even the first pitch was being thrown against Davidson. "Well, it's just Davidson so even if we DO win, it doesn't really count" argued by the same people who pumped up Tadlock for his multiple Omaha appearances. Same for when we won the regional. "Well, Iowa beat Houston, so we didn't really win it."

Ah I love how far some people reach to be self-loathing.
TXAggie2011
AG
histag10 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

Kind of like where you omitted the part of my post where ij basically said the same thing as you? Top 16 =/= best 16
If I left something in the following where you "basically say" the "best 16" teams in a given year aren't the "top 16", then it was entirely unintentional.

Quote:

jkag89
Yet somehow four games into a 30 game conference slate is already defining the Ags season, Considering how the Ags started the SEC last season (and looked far far worse) you would think some would step back from the cliff a bit.
TXAggie2011
AG
Ah, the ol' "you didn't see my after the fact edit" trick.
Aggies2009
AG
jkag89 said:

Yet somehow four games into a 30 game conference slate is already defining the Ags season, Considering how the Ags started the SEC last season (and looked far far worse) you would think some would step back from the cliff a bit.
Reminiscent of Maroon Dawn?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.