^^^^^Aggies vs. Baylor-Houston Regional Friday^^^^^

148,608 Views | 1425 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BanderaAg956
Fightin Ag491
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ProudAg16 said:

Anyone watching these two Houston fools behind home plate? Absolutely obnoxious.

And started to chant "ball 5" after a 3-1 walk
That's hilarious. I love it when other fans try to replicate that. It works 0% of the time
BanderaAg956
UH vs Iowa - worst baseball missed call I have ever seen in my 55 years! Runner called out at 1st when the 1st baseman got pulled off the bad toward home plate and attempted to tag the runner after he caught the ball. Missed the runner by AT LEAST 3 FEET!

WOW
Aston04
AG
Quote:

Sean98 said:

Love that we won, don't love that we (potentially) completely burned Chafin.

I think we could get something out of him on Sunday, if we need him. He threw about 50 pitches today.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Iowa can hit.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Postal
AG
Will A&M be the home or away team tomorrow? Does it matter if the opponent is Iowa or UH?
Aston04
AG
Home either way, correct?
CharlieBrown17
AG
I think it would be a coin flip if it's Iowa.
Stone44
AG
It's looking pretty good for us if Iowa can hang on and send C hi to the losers bracket. Iowa has burned their best pitchers and we ought to take them. Then just wait for the survivor who won't have any pitching left. Carolina might not make it out of their region, so we could be hosting a super. I know we got a lot of winning to do---just thinking ahead.
Bondag
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

We are higher seed so we should be home.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Bondag said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

We are higher seed so we should be home.

I love that the NCAA picks and chooses when high seed matter
JDay
Iowa's starter tomorrow leads them in starts, innings pitched, and strikeouts. Seems to be the only legit starting arm they have left. Going to have to piece it together after that from the looks of their stat sheet.
44mAG
AG
Okay AGs now that we know it's Iowa, let's pack the stadium tomorrow night!
W
AG
a terrific result for the Ags tonight.

it means A&M won't have to eliminate both #1 UH and #2 Baylor. One of them is going to knock the other one out in the first game tomorrow.

and like in 2004...the Ags don't have to pin both losses on the #1 seed home team. Got help today from the other teams (Iowa) in the regional
VegasAg86
AG
JDay said:

Iowa's starter tomorrow leads them in starts, innings pitched, and strikeouts. Seems to be the only legit starting arm they have left. Going to have to piece it together after that from the looks of their stat sheet.

He struggled badly at the end of the season and lost the #1 spot.
Bunk Moreland
W said:

a terrific result for the Ags tonight.

it means A&M won't have to eliminate both #1 UH and #2 Baylor. One of them is going to knock the other one out in the first game tomorrow.

and like in 2004...the Ags don't have to pin both losses on the #1 seed home team. Got help today from the other teams (Iowa) in the regional

Yep. And not to look too far ahead but with unc going down in game 1, today was the absolute best result possible
Aggie95
AG
Who starts tomorrow for the good guys?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Martin. For better or worse Childress doesn't mess with the rotation. Plus kolek was hit hard his last two or three starts.
talbottag
What was Chafins pitch count? Forgive me if this has been discussed, couldn't find it.
VegasAg86
AG
talbottag said:

What was Chafins pitch count? Forgive me if this has been discussed, couldn't find it.

About 45.
talbottag
Thanks. Would have liked to see that a little lower for the rest of the weekend, but can't argue with how things have worked out so far.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

Missed the runner by AT LEAST 3 FEET!

Could he have been called out for running out of the baseline?
VegasAg86
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

No, he ran straight down the line. Throw pulled 1b-man down the line toward home. Tried to swipe tag as the runner ran by, but whiffed. Ump called him out on the tag. No ump was in position to see the tag missed, so call stood.
VegasAg86
AG
talbottag said:

Thanks. Would have liked to see that a little lower for the rest of the weekend, but can't argue with how things have worked out so far.
Agreed. Might be able to get a little out of him Sunday.
Cy_Tolliver
I just hope the least likely year for us to break thru turns out to be lightning in a bottle.
Sean98
AG
Bondag said:

Sean98 said:

Love that we won, don't love that we (potentially) completely burned Chafin.
Best way to win a regional is to go 3-0. Can't do that if you lose game 1. No sense saving a pitcher for game 3 that is not guaranteed.
Agreed. I just wish we had even one arm after Chafin that we trust in the bullpen to get 3 ours when we're up 3 runs. Then you get Chafin for 2 good outings.
BoerneGator
AG
It's nonsense KC is "burned" and unavailable for another appearance. This is the post season, and it's win or go home from here on out! He's good for another couple of innings minimum if needed. A strong 7+ innings outa CM makes it almost moot. We got this!
BanderaAg956
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

You obviously didn't see a replay. He never left the base path. The alleged and attempted tag was 3 feet behind him (after he ran past the 1st baseman).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.