Knoxville Super Regional

135,661 Views | 1261 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mullokmotx
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
drevans956 said:

Adios folks,

Come back tomorrow a totally different team or go home.
aggiewilliford
Well. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
Tobias Funke
AG
drevans956 said:

82% of game 1 winners go on to WCWS so it isn't emotion.... losing game one is doubling down at the cramps table... very low odds!

Look I understand being frustrated, but blaming menstrual cycles for this loss is a little uncalled for
BanderaAg956
Tobias Funke said:

drevans956 said:

82% of game 1 winners go on to WCWS so it isn't emotion.... losing game one is doubling down at the cramps table... very low odds!

Look I understand being frustrated, but blaming menstrual cycles for this loss is a little uncalled for

You must be a liberal if statistics and facts are a menstrual cycle to you! LOL
Aggies2009
AG
I think he was referring to the "cramps table" comment although it was pretty clearly an autocorrect from "craps"
jkag89
drevans956 said:

Tobias Funke said:

drevans956 said:

You must be a liberal if statistics and facts are a menstrual cycle to you! LOL
It was a joke on a misspelling.
mgreen
Any clue why Harrington did not start today. I know her situation but she practiced this week and was clearly ready to go. How do you not pitch your ace in game #1?
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Aggies2009 said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

Aggies2009 said:

Justanotherposter said:

I don't like saying we choke but that is what we did today.

In a game we were favored to lose?

Maybe it is too much to ask for an A&M team to rise up and be great.

We just don't have what it takes as a school to win and win big games.

Then we can expect you to give up on the team and never post again?

Good lord! You haven't been following Texas A&M athletics very long have you? Bless your heart.
W
AG
the Vols have won 3 of 4 vs. the Ags by comfortable margins. Tennessee may simply be the better team.

and part of being better...is having all your players healthy and ready to play
HiddenAg2
So basically about 6 of the 8 runs scored by Tennessee were because of A&M errors and walks. It's amazing how we just cannot perform on the big stage year after year. I've wondered for years why A&M doesn't invest serious money in a world class sports psychologist for all our programs. A&M has talent and has been in position to win big for years but continues to implode mentally. Something has to change.
HiddenAg2
The other frustrating aspect of this is that Tennessee was not expected by anyone to even be a ranked team this year after losing so much experience and talent last year. But here they are with 17 freshmen and sophomores as one of the youngest teams in the nation and about to advance to yet another WCWS. What's A&M's excuse? I've heard Evans talk about being young for two seasons now and yet other big programs simply reload with that young talent and still win big.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I agree. At some point it has to become evident that our implosions are mental and part of a culture, rather than lack of talent.
Aggies2009
AG
Long enough.

I'm just wondering why you, if you've given up on the team, are still here? It seems kinda mentally ill for you to know a result, as you claim to, and continue to follow.
Aggies2009
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

I agree. At some point it has to become evident that our implosions are mental and part of a culture, rather than lack of talent.
Yeah. I'm sure that some 20-year-old athletes who "haven't followed Aggie sports for long" care about stuff in the past.
RGLAG85
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

Then by all means, you guys need to quit being losers.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Long enough.

I'm just wondering why you, if you've given up on the team, are still here? It seems kinda mentally ill for you to know a result, as you claim to, and continue to follow.

Why? Because no matter how much I want to look away, I can't.
Justanotherposter
mgreen said:

Any clue why Harrington did not start today. I know her situation but she practiced this week and was clearly ready to go. How do you not pitch your ace in game #1?

I don't know. I'm wondering that too. She was doing the best coming into this series. And last weekend Show had problems with starting bad. If not Trinity I would've pitched Lexi and not Show.
W
AG
well, there is something that the current players have in common with the former players of the past 20 years...the coach
Aggies2009
AG
Alright, that confirms it, then. My apologies. Carry on.
Aggies2009
AG
W said:

well, there is something that the current players have in common with the former players of the past 20 years...the coach
VegasAg86
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Long enough.

Most of them never posted during the season, they waited until the super to *****. None of them were posting when we gave then #1 Florida State their first loss of the season. Lots of self-loathing Ags that are only happy when they can get on the boards and complain about coaching and culture and everything else. Hopefully they won't be around tomorrow.
Ags06Win
AG
Why did Trinity not pitch?

We are now 1-3 on the season vs. Tennessee.

Trinity is 1-0
Show is 0-3

Now, I was not a math major at A&M, but something seems strange about this.

If this is a punishment...I understand Trinity missed the Regionals, and therefore we didn't start her due to to missing.

Otherwise, I'm very confused?!?
aggiebrad94
AG
I scanned the thread and didn't see it mentioned, but the UT slap hitter that had the 2 out hit down the right field line had her foot completely in front of home plate. Is that an issue anymore? I didn't hear the commentators mention it either.

Just checked the replay on watchespn and it starts at the 46-ish minute. She isn't close to staying in the box.
Justanotherposter
Ags06Win said:

Trinity is 1-0
Show is 0-3

If this is a punishment...I understand Trinity missed the Regionals, and therefore we didn't start her due to to missing.

Lots of people, including me, have been asking that. And no one has an answer because it was unreasonable to start Show.
VegasAg86
AG
Ags06Win said:

Trinity is 1-0
Show is 0-3

She missed the regional because her father died. I seriously doubt not starting was for missing the regional.

Certainly reasonable to wonder why she didn't start. I hope she gets the start today.
Belton Ag
AG
Perhaps she didn't pitch because she probably recently rejoined the team and maybe wasn't ready yet. Or maybe the game plan they came up with originally didn't include her starting Friday because her status was up in the air and they wanted to continue with how they practiced.

She wasn't punished for missing the regional.

It wasn't unreasonable to pitch Show, either. She pitched well in the regional and I seriously doubt they figured she would get rocked by Tennessee. Everyone was fairly confident (including posters in this thread) in how she'd pitch and they were wrong. Time to stop second guessing it and move on.

In reality it would be nice to hold Tennessee to 1 run or to shut them down completely, but as I said in other threads, I'm not as concerned with the pitching as I am with the offense, and I figured we would have to be able to produce runs. I posted that we may have to win a game or two in the series 8-7 or something similar. When we can't score or hit, when 2 runs for Tennessee are as good as a hundred, then Tennessee has won already.

For those posting about sports psychology and the like... this is the Super Regionals. These are the biggest games of the year, and if the coaches can't get them focused and mentally ready, or if the players aren't receptive to it, then that's indicative of a serious, fundamental flaw in the program. Let's hope that isn't the case.
AG
Whoosh!
PlanoAg98
AG
Just win today. 1 game at a time.
sharpdressedman
Belton Ag said:

Perhaps she didn't pitch because she probably recently rejoined the team and maybe wasn't ready yet. Or maybe the game plan they came up with originally didn't include her starting Friday because her status was up in the air and they wanted to continue with how they practiced.

She wasn't punished for missing the regional.

It wasn't unreasonable to pitch Show, either. She pitched well in the regional and I seriously doubt they figured she would get rocked by Tennessee. Everyone was fairly confident (including posters in this thread) in how she'd pitch and they were wrong. Time to stop second guessing it and move on.

In reality it would be nice to hold Tennessee to 1 run or to shut them down completely, but as I said in other threads, I'm not as concerned with the pitching as I am with the offense, and I figured we would have to be able to produce runs. I posted that we may have to win a game or two in the series 8-7 or something similar. When we can't score or hit, when 2 runs for Tennessee are as good as a hundred, then Tennessee has won already.

For those posting about sports psychology and the like... this is the Super Regionals. These are the biggest games of the year, and if the coaches can't get them focused and mentally ready, or if the players aren't receptive to it, then that's indicative of a serious, fundamental flaw in the program. Let's hope that isn't the case.
Thank you.
Ags06Win
AG
I was not insinuating she should have been benched for missing... some coaches will sit players the next game after they have missed regardless of the reason.

I understand why she missed... just seemed a little strange that we did not pitch our ace. (The only pitcher to have beaten Tenn!)
67walkon
Anybody want to share the score? Thanks
jkag89
Saturday's first pitch is 4:00 PM CDT.
Justanotherposter
Trinity is starting
Justanotherposter
HR by Gregg. 1-0 Tennessee.
aginlakeway
AG
1-0 Tennessee in first.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.