Knoxville Super Regional

135,707 Views | 1261 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mullokmotx
Potcake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HiddenAg2 said:

VegasAg86 said:

HiddenAg2 said:

Just speechless. I counted 4 errors that inning - 2 botched ground balls, 1 error at 3rd on a simple relay, and a WP. It's hard to watch. We've basically given Tennessee 3 runs. We're 3rd in the NCAA in fielding and then we get to the postseason with a little bit of pressure and we collapse in short order. The mental game is just not there for A&M sports.
You were saying?
Really? I have a data set of about 30 years watching epic meltdowns in the postseason across all sports. I give complete credit to these players for shaking off all the mental errors in the last few games and still finding a way to win. I'm proud of them for not giving up. It's just unusual for A&M, which makes it even more special.

Congrats, so you've been a miserable self-loathing Aggie sports fan for 30 years. That is such a sad bragging point.
VegasAg86
AG
lol, well said. I can find plenty of big wins across all sports in that time. Confirmation bias in action there.
vol4ever
Hats off to the Lady Ags. They deserved the win and I will be rooting for them in the championship. As for the unfortunate remarks by some tee shirts fans, kindly disregard them. We all have our crosses to bear.
gougler08
AG
vol4ever said:

Hats off to the Lady Ags. They deserved the win and I will be rooting for them in the championship. As for the unfortunate remarks by some tee shirts fans, kindly disregard them. We all have our crosses to bear.

Every fan base has them (including ours) so don't worry about. Thanks for the kind words, you guys will be salty next season
AggieTFA06
AG
Congratulations to the Texas Aggie Softball team for advancing to the College World Series.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
BadMoonRisin
AG
Six week old baby girl was aggied out today after we learned about the comeback last night. Some real gritty aggies out there today setting a great example!
VegasAg86
AG
vol4ever said:

Thanks, Vol, no worries about your tee shirt fans, just trash talk in a frustrating, painful loss. We have Ags saying worse things about our team and school.
Aggies2009
AG
vol4ever said:

Classy post. You don't have to apologize for those people.
Busdriver99
AG
So glad I got to see the last two games of the series. The girls played their asses off. Proud of their effort.

Great job ladies!
ApachePilot
AG
This team is fun to watch!
HiddenAg2
Potcake said:

HiddenAg2 said:

VegasAg86 said:

HiddenAg2 said:

Just speechless. I counted 4 errors that inning - 2 botched ground balls, 1 error at 3rd on a simple relay, and a WP. It's hard to watch. We've basically given Tennessee 3 runs. We're 3rd in the NCAA in fielding and then we get to the postseason with a little bit of pressure and we collapse in short order. The mental game is just not there for A&M sports.
You were saying?
Really? I have a data set of about 30 years watching epic meltdowns in the postseason across all sports. I give complete credit to these players for shaking off all the mental errors in the last few games and still finding a way to win. I'm proud of them for not giving up. It's just unusual for A&M, which makes it even more special.

Congrats, so you've been a miserable self-loathing Aggie sports fan for 30 years. That is such a sad bragging point.
If that's true than there are a heck of a lot of "self-loathing" Aggie sports fans out there if you've been a fan for more than 5 years. This has nothing to do with bragging to make a point. This is simply stating fact that A&M sports teams generally do not perform well on the national stage, especially when they are favored to win and advance to the final stages of an NCAA tournament. I'm actually crediting the players and coaches for fighting through all the past pitfalls and postseason failures and advancing.
oragator
So we finally get to play?
AB2
AG
HiddenAg2 said:

Potcake said:

HiddenAg2 said:

VegasAg86 said:

HiddenAg2 said:

You were saying?

If that's true than there are a heck of a lot of "self-loathing" Aggie sports fans out there if you've been a fan for more than 5 years. This has nothing to do with bragging to make a point. This is simply stating fact that A&M sports teams generally do not perform well on the national stage, especially when they are favored to win and advance to the final stages of an NCAA tournament. I'm actually crediting the players and coaches for fighting through all the past pitfalls and postseason failures and advancing.

I've been on this board for 17 years. Seen Hidden post a long time. He's not self loathing but he certainly it has a case of "can't handle us losing" mixed with BAS. He's also been all over softball on years when most of you ****ers didn't talk about it at all...so I'd give him some latitude.
Aggies2009
AG
HiddenAg2 said:

Potcake said:

HiddenAg2 said:

VegasAg86 said:

HiddenAg2 said:

You were saying?

Other than our basketball team completing the biggest comeback in history, our women's team coming back vs Stanford in the Final Four (and making a clutch shot to win the title... as well as beating a team that had beaten them THREE times that year), our track teams winning multiple national titles (coming back after messing up races), baseball coming back in 2007 and 2015 to win regionals and in 1999 against Clemson to win the Supers, softball winning 3 national titles, etc., I guess you're right... So congrats.
aginlakeway
AG
HiddenAg2 said:

Potcake said:

HiddenAg2 said:

VegasAg86 said:

HiddenAg2 said:

You were saying?

We were not favored today.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
schmellba99
AG
Aggies2009 said:

HiddenAg2 said:

Potcake said:

HiddenAg2 said:

VegasAg86 said:

HiddenAg2 said:

You were saying?

Other than our basketball team completing the biggest comeback in history, our women's team coming back vs Stanford in the Final Four (and making a clutch shot to win the title... as well as beating a team that had beaten them THREE times that year), our track teams winning multiple national titles (coming back after messing up races), baseball coming back in 2007 and 2015 to win regionals and in 1999 against Clemson to win the Supers, softball winning 3 national titles, etc., I guess you're right... So congrats.

I know what you are trying to do....problem is that the list of "almost, but couldnt" is really, really long. Even has all of those baseball teams you mentioned and pretty much every football team.

The girls played awesome from the middle of the game yesterday through today, they deserve the praise....and the caution that the job isnt done yet. A whale of a team in Florida waits for us, as do 7 other really good teams in OKC. Making it there should be celebrated, but making it there is not the goal either. Winning there is.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

The girls played awesome from the middle of the game yesterday through today, they deserve the praise....and the caution that the job isnt done yet. A whale of a team in Florida waits for us, as do 7 other really good teams in OKC. Making it there should be celebrated, but making it there is not the goal either. Winning there is.
While I'd agree that the goal now is to win a championship, I really don't get the need to downplay what happened today. As if the season is somehow less of a success if they go 2 and q. Maybe you're not trying to do that, but that's the vibe I picked up.

As a fan of Aggie baseball and softball, the overall goal of the season in my mind is to make the CWS. It is the equivalent of the Final Four in basketball (I know there's 8 teams and not 4, but still), and getting there is the most important step.

I'm not too worried about Florida, the Ags may very well lose that game but something tells me they have a couple more wins left in the tank.
TXAggie2011
Aggies2009
AG
schmellba99 said:

Aggies2009 said:

HiddenAg2 said:

Potcake said:

HiddenAg2 said:

VegasAg86 said:

HiddenAg2 said:

You were saying?

I know what you are trying to do....problem is that the list of "almost, but couldnt" is really, really long. Even has all of those baseball teams you mentioned and pretty much every football team.

I wasn't "trying to do" anything other than correct what I saw to be an incorrect statement, backing it up with examples of him being wrong. Have we had our bad "choke" moments and tough losses? Yes, we have. We've also seen our teams play with extreme determination and grit to beat teams they had no business beating, so the whole attitude of "it's in our culture to choke" is bull that only annoys those of us who want to enjoy our sports for what they are.
technoviking
AG
Our team plays as an underdog, wins, and people are talking from the point that we shouldn't be happy unless we win the whole thing!! God bless the BAS, that's rich!

Congratulations to the lady Ags today! That was a heck of a lot of fun watching them win and celebrate going to the WCWS!
TXAggie2011
AG
HiddenAg is HiddenAg. Consistently critical, but he's devoted to A&M sports and as much as I disagree with some of his views, we don't need to repeat yet another "bad fan" thread over him.

Maybe he has me fooled but I can't come to question his devotion to, and fandom of, the Aggies.
Aggies2009
AG
So happy for Harrington and her mother.
technoviking
AG
Seconded. What a great moment for them!
ontheway
AG
Your opinion, for whatever its worth. For me, the only goal that matters is set by the Aggies and Coach Jo.
Aggies2009
AG

Love the emotion from our team, especially Trinity.
TXAggie2011
owenfieldreams
Your are correct in feeling that Florida is the least of your worries. You'd better worry about the possibility of crossing over to the other side of the bracket and meeting the defending national champions.
Rusty GCS
AG
I'll take my chances with a 10 seed over a 1 seed
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
HiddenAg2 said:

Potcake said:

HiddenAg2 said:

VegasAg86 said:

HiddenAg2 said:

You were saying?

Women's basketball NATIONAL Champions 2011 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
schmellba99
AG
Not downplaying it at all, in fact I did just the opposite.

Mentioning that the season is not yet done though is not downplaying it, unless you are just looking for a reason to get your panties in a wad.

I know this comes as a shock, especially to this board in general, but it is possible to be stoked about a team and yet not be completely satisfied with just making it there, and hoping the team holds the same attitude.
SeenNotHeard
AG
Do you realize how hard it is to make it to OKC? Look at the teams that won't be there this year. Arizona. Florida State. Auburn. Alabama. Tennessee. All National Championship contenders. All it takes is one blown call that costs you a couple of runs. One bad pitch. One unfortunate error. And your season is over.

The fact that THIS team overcame the odds stacked against them and found a way to win. That is to be celebrated. No one (that actually has any knowledge of this team and program) came into this year expecting this deep of a run. Sure you can sit back in your recliner and say every team should be playing for a championship every year. But this is still a HUGE accomplishment. Even if the team did go 0-2 in the WCWS this year, the experience and exposure to this stage would be incredible heading into next year where they return all 9 starters, their entire pitching staff, and bring on another pitcher. This team has fight. They may win it all. They may lose. Either way...this team has reached the WORLD SERIES.
Justanotherposter
SeenNotHeard said:

Do you realize how hard it is to make it to OKC? Look at the teams that won't be there this year. Arizona. Florida State. Auburn. Alabama. Tennessee. All National Championship contenders. All it takes is one blown call that costs you a couple of runs. One bad pitch. One unfortunate error. And your season is over.

The fact that THIS team overcame the odds stacked against them and found a way to win. That is to be celebrated. No one (that actually has any knowledge of this team and program) came into this year expecting this deep of a run. Sure you can sit back in your recliner and say every team should be playing for a championship every year. But this is still a HUGE accomplishment. Even if the team did go 0-2 in the WCWS this year, the experience and exposure to this stage would be incredible heading into next year where they return all 9 starters, their entire pitching staff, and bring on another pitcher. This team has fight. They may win it all. They may lose. Either way...this team has reached the WORLD SERIES.

We're actually bringing in another 4 pitchers. Next year will be exciting
Wooahhhh
AG
I don't give a s*** what data set you have. Means absolutely SQUAT.
TXAggie2011
AG
Then celebrate the accomplishment.

Stop making this about those who you don't think are celebrating it enough.

The baseball selection thread is going through the same damn motions. It's now at the testing the censors stage. If some folks just supported the teams half as much they complain that others aren't supportive, we'd have something good.
Belton Ag
AG
schmellba99 said:

Not downplaying it at all, in fact I did just the opposite.

Mentioning that the season is not yet done though is not downplaying it, unless you are just looking for a reason to get your panties in a wad.

I know this comes as a shock, especially to this board in general, but it is possible to be stoked about a team and yet not be completely satisfied with just making it there, and hoping the team holds the same attitude.
Fair enough.

My biggest overall point is that "keeping it real" is a completely pointless waste of time for fans. That job is for the players and coaches, and if you have to "hope" that this team holds the same attitude then you may have missed the last couple games. This team obviously gets what's at stake.

For the fans, as Seen so exceptionally put it, it is time to rejoice because this was a huge accomplishment and what it means for the program going forward cannot be celebrated enough.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.