Knoxville Super Regional

135,634 Views | 1261 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mullokmotx
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Justanotherposter said:

SeenNotHeard said:

Do you realize how hard it is to make it to OKC? Look at the teams that won't be there this year. Arizona. Florida State. Auburn. Alabama. Tennessee. All National Championship contenders. All it takes is one blown call that costs you a couple of runs. One bad pitch. One unfortunate error. And your season is over.

The fact that THIS team overcame the odds stacked against them and found a way to win. That is to be celebrated. No one (that actually has any knowledge of this team and program) came into this year expecting this deep of a run. Sure you can sit back in your recliner and say every team should be playing for a championship every year. But this is still a HUGE accomplishment. Even if the team did go 0-2 in the WCWS this year, the experience and exposure to this stage would be incredible heading into next year where they return all 9 starters, their entire pitching staff, and bring on another pitcher. This team has fight. They may win it all. They may lose. Either way...this team has reached the WORLD SERIES.

We're actually bringing in another 4 pitchers. Next year will be exciting
I don't know anything about 3 of them but the one I do know of has as good a resume as as any pitcher we've signed in a long time. Looks like we're going to be stacked at the pitching position for years to come.
DogCompany74
AG
This is a great story and a wonderful opportunity for Jo Evans and our team to join the Gary Blair-Pat Henry National Championship Club at A&M. Go get it done.
mullokmotx
AG
Finally watched the replay of the 2 wins at UT. What was the UT first base coach giving the players to chew on at first base? It was like she was giving them a treat for getting there.
One thought I had was whether the run we scored in game 1 which kept us from getting run ruled had an effect the next 2 games. That forced Moss to pitch 2 more innings and 7 of our players got to bat against her 1 more time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.