Knoxville Super Regional

135,682 Views | 1261 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mullokmotx
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
biggest game for the program since 2008
sharpdressedman
The ladies NEVER quit, and won a game worthy of lifetime memories. VERY proud of them overcoming great adversity and getting the win to stay alive. Congratulations ladies, you are within reach of greatness; SEIZE IT!

Edit for grammar
themissinglink
AG
Who starts tomorrow for the vols? Moss?
Mark Fairchild
AG
Weekly worked Evans over every way she could, but the women found a way to win. They wanted it more. Really proud of them for their grit and determination.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Belton Ag
AG
We knew they were going to have to outscore Tennessee to get a win in this series and they did it. Since the 5th inning yesterday they've actually been hitting fairly well just not able to plate runners until the 5th today.

So now they know they can hit both of their pitchers and score, they've solved the puzzle and frustrated both of them. Now Tennessee is reeling and the Ags have momentum.

Time to take advantage and shut the door on them.
VegasAg86
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Weekly tried to work Evans over every way she could, but the women found a way to win. They wanted it more. Really proud of them for their grit and determination.
FIFY

But for a couple of bad calls, we'd have won by 3 or 4.
HiddenAg2
W said:

biggest game for the program since 2008
A&M won their first Super Regional game in 9 years, so yeah, it's a big game tomorrow. It's been way too long since that NC series with Arizona St.
Belton Ag
AG
And it was mentioned earlier, but tomorrow's game is an opportunity to advance the program. One we haven't seen since 2008. The times before we fell short or had to go through Oklahoma to get to the WCWS, but finally after 10 seasons they are in a position to take the next step.

A win tomorrow means an appearance in the WCWS for a team which returns its entire lineup and pitching staff next year opening what will be the finest facility in college softball. Not much better than that for this program.
HiddenAg2
oragator said:

One more and we get to play finally, so there's that.
Why are you trying to depress fragile A&M fans when we haven't even won the series yet. Florida is nearly unhittable so obviously that would be a tough opening game.
VegasAg86
AG
Belton Ag said:

We knew they were going to have to outscore Tennessee to get a win in this series and they did it. Since the 5th inning yesterday they've actually been hitting fairly well just not able to plate runners until the 5th today.

Well, duh! LOL, JK. I actually thought of your post about us needing to win a close game in the 6-8 runs to win range to win this series. Something we hadn't done yet. Good observation.

Quote:

So now they know they can hit both of their pitchers and score, they've solved the puzzle and frustrated both of them. Now Tennessee is reeling and the Ags have momentum.

Time to take advantage and shut the door on them.

Agreed. We know we can, just need to go out and do it.
pudge
Be prepared for a long game as the new human rain delays (Ralph and Karen) will stall as much as they can if it goes against them. Go luck their tails tomorrow
SchizoAg
Skull Session
That damn UTenn coach was working over everybody. She had her players on edge, She worked over the umps, she worked over jo and our team, which looked scared up until the last couple of innings and she damn near pulled it off (a two game sweep). We were just about to go down to a bunch of freshmen and sophomores.
Thank goodness the team had enough gumption not to let that happen.

Jo is so damn milktoast it is not even funny. She reminds me of a mouse jumping out of her burrow when she comes out of the dugout.
Leander - Ag
AgsForTheWin
AG
Never watched much softball before, but I'll be watching the game today! Gig em ladies!
Wicked Good Ag
SEC softball is amazing. PAC 12 as well but the fact that a team like Tennessee and Aggies will not have to replace but one starter total for both teams will bode well for future
VegasAg86
AG
Skull Session said:

That damn UTenn coach was working over everybody. She had her players on edge, She worked over the umps, she worked over jo and our team, which looked scared up until the last couple of innings and she damn near pulled it off (a two game sweep). We were just about to go down to a bunch of freshmen and sophomores.
Thank goodness the team had enough gumption not to let that happen.

Jo is so damn milktoast it is not even funny. She reminds me of a mouse jumping out of her burrow when she comes out of the dugout.
Win a game, despite being screwed by the umps, complain about the coach. TexAgs gonna TexAgs.
BanderaAg956
So who will Jo start at pitcher today?

Show

Who should Jo start at pitcher today?

Harrington

Who would you start at pitcher today?

Smith
Justanotherposter
drevans956 said:

So who will Jo start at pitcher today?

Show

Who should Jo start at pitcher today?

Harrington

Who would you start at pitcher today?

Smith

We need a good start so I don't think Show will pitch and Trinity struggled a little bit so I would say Lexi. But whoever it is will have a short leash.
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
Trinity Harrington is in the circle today.
MountainAg99
AG
Dalton Hughes said:

Trinity Harrington is in the circle today.
MountainAg99
AG
Let's go get what we deserve today Ags! Your fans are behind you.
TyHolden
AG
On espn?
Ben Puig 97
AG
Starting on ESPNU
CrottyKid
AG
I would guess after the FSU/LSU game, they will switch over? I am not sure.
mgreen
No errors and we win today!!
mgreen
Game is moved to espnu.
Justanotherposter
CrottyKid said:

I would guess after the FSU/LSU game, they will switch over? I am not sure.

You're correct. They will switch back to ESPN after the LSU game ends.
Justanotherposter
Lead off single by Keeli and then a groundout to third moves Keeli to second. 1 out
VegasAg86
AG
Missed call #1.
Ben Puig 97
AG
Another questionable call. Already??
Justanotherposter
Just put that missed call with the others. There are many.
Ben Puig 97
AG
First timeout!!
DeangeloVickers
AG
And a timeout.
Mark Fairchild
AG
THAT WAS A FOUL BALL!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.