Knoxville Super Regional

135,687 Views | 1261 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mullokmotx
VegasAg86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HiddenAg2 said:

Just speechless. I counted 4 errors that inning - 2 botched ground balls, 1 error at 3rd on a simple relay, and a WP. It's hard to watch. We've basically given Tennessee 3 runs. We're 3rd in the NCAA in fielding and then we get to the postseason with a little bit of pressure and we collapse in short order. The mental game is just not there for A&M sports.
You were saying?
Justanotherposter
monarch said:

How many SEC teams are now going to OKC?

3. Us, Florida, and LSU.
I already have a dog
AG
Aggies2009 said:

aginlakeway said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

I agree. At some point it has to become evident that our implosions are mental and part of a culture, rather than lack of talent.
Why aren't you posting any more on this thread?

Even worse are the people who blue starred the post. They LIKE to feel like inadequate, miserable losers, apparently.

Chicken Ranch had a point. Texags imploding at the first sign of trouble is part of its culture and mental. He's the perfect example.
Hey Nav
AG
Nice win, Ags.
VegasAg86
AG
aginlakeway said:

VegasAg86 said:

Several negative posters in this thread never posted in softball this season, yet, here they are *****ing and crying. Only happy when they're miserable and trying to make others miserable.
They're REALLY miserable now ...
And they all disappeared. LOL

I thought about starting a hidden game thread in a random forum to hide from those types.

aginlakeway
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

What is the universal sign for choke?
Did we choke?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Choked Tennessee!
VegasAg86
AG
TylerAg95 said:

Aggies2009 said:

aginlakeway said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

I agree. At some point it has to become evident that our implosions are mental and part of a culture, rather than lack of talent.

Even worse are the people who blue starred the post. They LIKE to feel like inadequate, miserable losers, apparently.

Chicken Ranch had a point. Texags imploding at the first sign of trouble is part of its culture and mental. He's the perfect example.
Today's winner of the internet.
ABATTBQ87
AG
http://www.espn.com/espnw/video/19486137/just-proud-our-ball-club
jt2hunt
AG
I got on in it within two months and was able to order a few wines

Juvenile zins. Big Bang for the buck
jkag89
VegasAg86 said:

aginlakeway said:

VegasAg86 said:

Several negative posters in this thread never posted in softball this season, yet, here they are *****ing and crying. Only happy when they're miserable and trying to make others miserable.

I thought about starting a hidden game thread in a random forum to hide from those types.

They'll reappear if the Aggies do not perform well in Oklahoma City. Making it to the championship series in 2008 was not enough to quite the naysayers and those who needed to express their embarrassment.
VegasAg86
AG
jkag89 said:

VegasAg86 said:

aginlakeway said:

VegasAg86 said:

They'll reappear if the Aggies do not perform well in Oklahoma City. Making it to the championship series in 2008 was not enough to quite the naysayers and those who needed to express their embarrassment.
Sad, but true.
HiddenAg2
VegasAg86 said:

HiddenAg2 said:

Just speechless. I counted 4 errors that inning - 2 botched ground balls, 1 error at 3rd on a simple relay, and a WP. It's hard to watch. We've basically given Tennessee 3 runs. We're 3rd in the NCAA in fielding and then we get to the postseason with a little bit of pressure and we collapse in short order. The mental game is just not there for A&M sports.
You were saying?
Really? I have a data set of about 30 years watching epic meltdowns in the postseason across all sports. I give complete credit to these players for shaking off all the mental errors in the last few games and still finding a way to win. I'm proud of them for not giving up. It's just unusual for A&M, which makes it even more special.
tk for tu juan
W said:

one of the best postseason performances by an aggie sports team on a national stage since the 2012 Cotton Bowl

Just a few months ago

jkag89
TylerAg95 said:

Aggies2009 said:

aginlakeway said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

They are simply placing their own nervousness upon the team. The slightest miscues are automatically labeled mental weakness. These women showed incredible mental toughness fortitude in this series. It would be nice if the negative Nellies would show just a miniscule of the toghness the Aggies showed by coming back and eating a little crow.
Aggies2009
aginlakeway
AG
tk for tu juan said:

W said:

one of the best postseason performances by an aggie sports team on a national stage since the 2012 Cotton Bowl

Just a few months ago

That doesn't count because it's track and field ...
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Aggies2009
AG
tk for tu juan said:

W said:

Just a few months ago

Can't wait to watch them in a week.

Fred Kerley is an unbelievable athlete. We qualified 30 for the nation meet.
Justanotherposter
Found this on the Vols forums:
bowlinggreenvol (9,820)
04:46 PM Today
Tired of seeing Harrington's white trash mom on tv. Is she the only parent from either team in the stands?
Belton Ag
AG
Belton Ag said:

And it was mentioned earlier, but tomorrow's game is an opportunity to advance the program. One we haven't seen since 2008. The times before we fell short or had to go through Oklahoma to get to the WCWS, but finally after 10 seasons they are in a position to take the next step.

A win tomorrow means an appearance in the WCWS for a team which returns its entire lineup and pitching staff next year opening what will be the finest facility in college softball. Not much better than that for this program.
Hell yes!!!!!

What a great feeling to watch these girls beat that team on their home field when it mattered.

This could be the opening of a window to begin a great run for this program. We are stacked for next year and have some elite pitchers signed and coming to campus in addition to who we already have.

aggietony2010
AG
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Especially considering it's Tennessee we're taking about
God save the Patriarchy!
Aggies2009
AG
Belton Ag said:

Belton Ag said:

And it was mentioned earlier, but tomorrow's game is an opportunity to advance the program. One we haven't seen since 2008. The times before we fell short or had to go through Oklahoma to get to the WCWS, but finally after 10 seasons they are in a position to take the next step.

A win tomorrow means an appearance in the WCWS for a team which returns its entire lineup and pitching staff next year opening what will be the finest facility in college softball. Not much better than that for this program.
Hell yes!!!!!

What a great feeling to watch these girls beat that team on their home field when it mattered.

This could be the opening of a window to begin a great run for this program. We are stacked for next year and have some elite pitchers signed and coming to campus in addition to who we already have.

You're a good man. My apologies for the other thread.
aginlakeway
AG
Belton Ag said:

Belton Ag said:

Hell yes!!!!!

Great post ...
tk for tu juan
Hopefully two weeks from now we are celebrating at least two NC after the WCWS and track finals
Colt98
AG
Wow... Do Tennessee people not realize they are white trash america... and all my cousins live in Knoxville..
jkag89
HiddenAg2 said:

VegasAg86 said:

HiddenAg2 said:

You were saying?
Really? I have a data set of about 30 years watching epic meltdowns in the postseason across all sports. I give complete credit to these players for shaking off all the mental errors in the last few games and still finding a way to win. I'm proud of them for not giving up. It's just unusual for A&M, which makes it even more special.
You do realize any of the "meltdowns" of the past had nothing to do with these gals. Whatever insecurities we as fans feel should be channeled into postive support of any Aggie team as long as the game is still alive instead of coming to TexAgs to weep, wail and gnash ones teeth. Doubly so in the sports in which most of us only pay attention to if that program happens to be on the National Stage.
dermdoc
AG
VegasAg86 said:

jt2hunt said:

Turley wines are very tasty!
Doc mentioned them yesterday, so I started looking into it. Now I'm waiting to get on their mailing list.
Pm if you need any help making selections. Old Vines Zin is damn good for about 25 bucks a bottle.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Belton Ag
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Belton Ag said:

Belton Ag said:

Hell yes!!!!!

You're a good man. My apologies for the other thread.
All good my man. I'll buy you a beer if we ever meet up.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Nice win ladies!
DeangeloVickers
AG
Must watch

sharpdressedman
Congratulations, players and coaches! Taking this series will be a forever-wonderful accomplishment and memory in your minds and those of Aggies everywhere. You seized the opportunity for greatness. Best wishes for continued success at the WCWS!
BanderaAg956
Justanotherposter said:

Found this on the Vols forums:
bowlinggreenvol (9,820)
04:46 PM Today
Tired of seeing Harrington's white trash mom on tv. Is she the only parent from either team in the stands?

That is terrible and sad. I hate to see this kind of trash from any sports fans!

Unfortunately, no one here wants to hear it but is is not much difference in what a small portion of our fans say here about other players, announcers, and supporters of other programs.
VegasAg86
AG
Will do.
Rock1982
AG
Ryno01 said:

Must watch

This is awesome!
NoahAg
Well done, ladies! Freakin ballers!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.