*****Aggies vs. Vanderbilt-SEC Tournament Wednesday*****

130,768 Views | 1168 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ColoradoMooseHerd
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Worst game in awhile. Poor pitching, poor fielding, Cant hold leads. Poor decision by coach to not start Ecker in 8th. That at bat bunt shows we dont practice or implement small ball to the degree needed. We are quickly finding that our very deep pitching staff is really 2 guys (as far as relievers and closers). Not going to get it done.

We bunt as much as anyone in the SEC. I think we bunt too much.
Mike Elko
AG
The life of an Aggie sports fan... So close, yet so far away.
aggiewilliford
Well it's only 12:30 and I have a migraine thanks to early morning baseball. I take back what I said, I don't like early morning ball. Ughhhhhh ...
spanky
AG
We lose a game when we give up 3 unearned runs without using one of our starters...to the cliffs
Claud
A hitter who is hitting well that showed several poor bunt attempts and yet you still have him bunting with a 2-2 count??? Really horrible coaching decision on that one.
Aggies2009
AG
quote:
A hitter who is hitting well that showed several poor bunt attempts and yet you still have him bunting with a 2-2 count??? Really horrible coaching decision on that one.

Do you know how many times in the last 2 weeks alone that he's bunted for a hit?

Of course you don't.
Sandman98
AG
Tap out kid. It's not your day.
Aggies2009
AG
quote:

Dude. I want him to keep going.
merc
AG
The only thing this affects is national seed placement. Not even sure how much. Only way it would make me nervous is falling to much to where you get matched to a regional that one of these vandy, Ole miss or lsu's will win.
Aggieangler93
AG
Back to work I guess.....

Hmmm.....Rangers at 1:05 or next SEC tourney game......
FightinTxAg14
AG
Complaining about bunt call on with a 2-2 count, how about getting the F****** bunt down the first...second.. or even third time and just do your job.
Lance Uppercut
AG
I wouldn't bunt with 2 strikes with a guy that's put down 1 bunt all season and who just tried to bunt a pitch over his head. Should Homan be able to bunt? Yes, but he's had similar at bats earlier this season. Homan didn't do his part, but I don't know what about the earlier part of that AB made you think he was about to get one down with 2 strikes. Janca has 9 sacrifices and can play short if you want someone else to hit or sacrifice there.

And Choruby is 0fer and actually a somewhat consistent double play candidate. I'm surprised they didn't hit for him there. There are plenty of extra outfielders.

Thought the pitching decisions weren't bad, maybe pull Vines one batter earlier but the first hit of that inning wasn't exactly tattooed and he'd looked really good in the 7th.

Just played the #6 team in the nation, who is the 6 seed in the SEC, in the first round of the tournament. The SEC is truly absurd when it comes to baseball.
Hickory High
AG
quote:

I don't know anything about baseball, who cares
aggiewilliford
None of this slapping of one another changes the fact that I TRULY LOATHE VANDY!
Aggies2009
AG
quote:
quote:

We can tell
Basketball and Chain
AG
Some really good things to take away from today:

Vinson threw a good game. The error really hurt him. I think RC could throw him game 1 of a regional with the right draw.

The bottom of the lineup was really good. We were in this game the whole way with the top of our lineup doing basically nothing.

Banks is starting to turn a corner with the bat, mainly because he's using the whole field and not pulling off those outside pitches. He's right under .300 for the year now.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:

Do you know how many times in the last 2 weeks alone that he's bunted for a hit?

Of course you don't.

Meh. You still don't bunt with 2 strikes. He missed his opportunity once he got to 2 strikes. Protect the plate and swing away, for the exact reason that happened
Hickory High
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

We can tell

What gave it away, the part where I said so?
Lance Uppercut
AG
What a big sissy
Sandman98
AG
quote:
And Choruby is 0fer and actually a somewhat consistent double play candidate. I'm surprised they didn't hit for him there. There are plenty of extra outfielders.

This was the mistake. If the bunt is successful you might consider letting Choruby hit, but he has no business hitting when we need to go 270 feet with one out.
fieldtrailer
AG
quote:
The only thing this affects is national seed placement. Not even sure how much. Only way it would make me nervous is falling to much to where you get matched to a regional that one of these vandy, Ole miss or lsu's will win.
Sometimes you play for pride. To use the excuse it doesnt matter is horrible. They had one of the best teams in the country down early and due to fielding errors and poor pitching, let it slip away. To think that once regionals begins, they will turn it up a notch is a little too far fetched for me. This team is good. But to get to where we want to go, our pitching and defense have to be much stronger. While teams like Vandy and LSU are on the rise, Florida and A&M are starting to stumble. We'll see.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
The ability to self-destruct continues.

Careful, people really don't like it when you state historical trends around here
trouble
AG
Go away
Aggieangler93
AG
I'm with ya. Good to see Vinson take the ball and give us a quality start. Hard to see Ecker throwing those pitches up though,,,that is not Ecker, at all. I also like seeing the bottom of the order get hot.
Claud
quote:
quote:

Of course you don't.
Have you ever coached baseball? Even peewee? Of course you haven't.
backintexas2013
AG
It looks to me you know as much about baseball as basketball so glad we know what level that is.
histag10
AG
quote:
The ability to self-destruct continues.

Losing to the #6 team by 1 is in no way self destruction.
Basketball and Chain
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
We Aggied this game so hard

Enjoy your ban, self loathing loser

Um, we did. He could have said a lot worse things.

But I too am tired of losing big games.

Tired of losing big games?

What the **** are you talking about? We won 9 of 10 SEC series this year and are ranked #1/2 in the nation.

Get the **** out of here with that bull****.

I'm sorry you only remember this year. I was referring to multiple years. Don't let your anger out on me. I'm well aware of the series' we won this year as well as our rank. I'm more concerned about what happens next. Thanks for the breaking news you provided though.

What does any other year have to do with what you said? We have won plenty of big games this year. Take a look at our resume. Mississippi State, Vandy, LSU, South Carolina, Ole Miss....all top 10 teams and we took series from them all. But let's forget about all that since we lost one game in the SEC tourney with a national seed already locked up, right?
P.C. Principal
Geez some of the posters on this site are truly miserable people
Aggieangler93
AG
Y'all really need to get the chome tools to block all the whiners. It is awesome!
jkag89
Nothing more pathetic than the pity party after any Aggie loss.
merc
AG
Reverse of last year. We'll come back and knock Vandy out on our way to the conference title game. You guys are fighting for nothing. We are a national seed. This is a tune up tourney.
Aggies2009
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Of course you don't.
Have you ever coached baseball? Even peewee? Of course you haven't.

Ah. Now reduced to fallacious arguments. I accept your admission of defeat.
Deadwood
AG
I've seen some disappointing losses, but the fact is that the difference between the top 6 or 7 teams in the SEC is infinitesimal. In one baseball game almost anything can happen. I can't really get too upset about this.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Catharsis through public complaining and crying on the internet is a thing for a lot of people. A lot of people

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.