HOW TO - watching Aggie Baseball on your TV

141,493 Views | 244 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by greg.w.h
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are you not getting it on ESPN2?
rollingwoodaggie
Thanks trouble. I am stupid. Went straight to plus.
trouble
fieldtrailer
AG
Crowd sounds dead on tv. Is is loud there? Need to get into it.
trouble
AG
It's pretty loud in 203
lifetimeredshirt
AG
I used this thread, bought Google cast and I am happy as a clam. Thanks for the thread.
greg.w.h
AG
quote:
Thanks trouble. I am stupid. Went straight to plus.

This is an important point: it plays on WatchESPN on the same channel as its being broadcasted. What is a little odd is that when they start a game that is not being currently broadcast on its planned channel--usually due to the previous game not completing--then they will NOT necessarily start that channel's planned event.

The other thing to remember is NCAA tournament games generally are not scheduled for the SEC Network including SEC+.

Weird "corner cases" that have been gotchas. Always worth checking the schedule to see which is the planned ESPN "channel".
Aggieangler93
AG
Awesome!
Islander80
I bluetooth Watch ESPN (if our games are not on SEC Network or ESPN) from my Samsung smart phone to my Samsung Smart TV. My Galaxy S4 calls it "Screen Mirroring", and my son's Galaxy S6 has another name for it. It's not as sharp as HD on TV or the phone, but better than anything I ever grew up with and allows me to share what I am viewing.

It's a good idea to turn off the 4G mobile data and use only wifi to avoid data charges if you get bumped off your wifi.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
I use Apple TV and my brother-in-law's login. I gave him my HBO Now credentials. I feel like I got the better end of the deal.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
I'm f'n tired of this ESPN bullcrap. Channels don't work half the time and get forced into streaming. Have dish, nothing but channel problems. All basketball season now baseball. F it. Time to cancel
trouble
AG
It's a Dish issue not ESPN
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
ESPN runs sec network and sec network has 5 channels on dish. Righ now 3 of them are blank and you just end up streaming whatever game you want to watch anyway. Why do I need sec network or dish?? Answer I don't. Just stream off the web
trouble
AG
If you didn't have SECN , you couldn't stream
Aggieangler93
AG
Stream what you want to watch, as long as you have ESPN. It is tons better than relying on what they feel like showing to a national audience.
PJYoung
AG
quote:

Ah does the SECN not come with the WatchESPN package if you cut the cord?
trouble
AG
Not certain
Cepe
AG
quote:
quote:

Ah does the SECN not come with the WatchESPN package if you cut the cord?
Nope.

You can get the Sling app though from what I understand.
themissinglink
Old Sarge
AG
Sirius radio channel?
greg.w.h
AG
Sony's PlayStation Vue requires PS3, PS4 or Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast for TV streaming and has local channels in DFW. Have not tried but price is $55ish for their elite and 45ish for core package that both include SEC Network streamed as well as WatchESPN access with Vue credentials.

Interested if others have seen/tried. This is similar to Dish Sling streaming though higher cost and includes some local stations in some areas.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/
Aggieangler93
AG
A few years after getting DirecTV, I am now considering cutting the cord also (not so much due to any issues in service, but I am paying almost $200 a month now). I am highly interested in the Playstation VUE offerings in my area, and I am wondering if they get the SEC digital content also. Being able to watch Aggie baseball at home is the decision maker for me. All the other TV I watch is available in about 100 different manners/combinations.

Anyone know if SEC digital content is available on Playstation Vue in Texas?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
greg.w.h
AG
From a Dec 12, 2016 review:

"In addition, SlingTV users also have access to the same content across all supported devices. The same goes for DirecTV Now's service packages. In contrast, using PlayStation Vue on a TV or set-top device is a very different experience than using it on a mobile device, as some channels will be inaccessible on the go due to licensing restrictions. Further, you will not be able to access any of your recorded content on a mobile device.
While Sling TV supports a wider swath of devices and doesn't have any mobile restrictions, it does have tighter restrictions on the number of streams an account can run at a given time. The standard Orange subscription allows only one simultaneous stream per account, while the pricier Sling Blue and combined packages will allow up to three users to stream at once. PlayStation Vue will allow up to five simultaneous streams on separate devices per account. Vue also allows users to make five different profiles per account, something Sling TV lacks entirely. DirecTV Now sits somewhere in the middle, with two simultaneous streams allowed for all packages, but only a single profile per account."

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/playstation-vue-vs-sling-tv-vs-directv-now-2/#ixzz4VOZQFWXm
Aggieangler93
AG
Thanks for the link. I am going to do some more investigating given that info.

I know I could always fall back on sling to get Aggie baseball games if I need to, so I am not feeling as much pressure now to decide. Fiber install is tomorrow, so I will get a feel for my streaming speeds then.
woodometer
AG
New on DirecTV if you have either model of the full size Genie receiver. An ESPN app that will allow you to stream ESPN3, SEC Network+ and ACC+ through your receiver if it is hooked to Broadband. Tested this last night and it works.
Aggieangler93
AG
Thanks Wood, I'll check for that app.
twk
AG
woodometer said:

New on DirecTV if you have either model of the full size Genie receiver. An ESPN app that will allow you to stream ESPN3, SEC Network+ and ACC+ through your receiver if it is hooked to Broadband. Tested this last night and it works.
I saw that pop up a few times, but it never did this weekend when I wanted to use it. Not sure why.
woodometer
AG
twk, Make sure that you are on an espn channel and then it takes about 10 seconds for the app to pop up. Then just hit the red button. If its not popping up and it did before I would call tech support. I used it all weekend to watch baseball.
Aggieangler93
AG
Is it not listed under Menu.....Connected.....TV apps too? That would probably be too obvious.

I am going to try and watch tonight's game this way and see how it works.
BoerneGator
AG
woodometer said:

Are you saying that we'll no longer need Chromecast or Apple TV to watch? Just discovered my Chromecast adapter is damaged/inoperable.
Aggieangler93
AG
Yep, if you have directv. I used it tonight all night with no chromecast. Finally seemed to have volume leveling too on the commercials.
Aggieangler93
AG
Once it goes away, if you leave the channel and come back to another ESPN channel, it will be back again. I had to reboot once too.
BoerneGator
AG
Great! Thanks for the heads up. But is the transmission still over the internet via wifi? My service (picture quality) once great two seasons ago was poor last baseball season.
Aggieangler93
AG
AFAIK, it is over wifi, as wood mentioned you have to have an internet connected receiver.
Cedar09
Does Suddenlink support this?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.