HOW TO - watching Aggie Baseball on your TV

141,492 Views | 244 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by greg.w.h
rollingwoodaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Apple TV and dish network. FSU and Florida are in secnetwork ....if the sips didn't suck so bad maybe we would have gotten that spot
Aggie09Derek
AG
TV assignments were made a long time ago I believe. Also helps Fleods was preseason #1
texasbug
AG
We have Dish & AppleTV
Cepe
AG
quote:
I think you might need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to watch the SECN+ games live. I can see the upcoming games (usually a week out), but I can't get any of them to show live or replay.
I'm having this trouble. Last time the ESPN app updated on my xbox all the SEC+ programming went away. Lots of LHN stuff but not sure what happened. No problems on my Firestick or chromecast.
Aggie09Derek
AG
From ESPN support

"Due to current playback issues on Xbox360 with ESPN3 and SEC live events, ESPN has removed these channels from the Xbox360 channel selection. We hope to have these issues resolved with Microsoft as soon as possible. This includes replay content as well."
Cepe
AG
quote:
From ESPN support

"Due to current playback issues on Xbox360 with ESPN3 and SEC live events, ESPN has removed these channels from the Xbox360 channel selection. We hope to have these issues resolved with Microsoft as soon as possible. This includes replay content as well."
Thanks! It always skipped and rebuffered continuously so I guess that this is what it is about. The Fire stick is my preferred option. really easy.
george92
quote:
Have Roku and just use a buddy's direct tv login

Thief. I at least use a family members dish login.
MosesRAB-93
AG
Verizon FiOS + Roku3.

Love the Roku-- invented by an Aggie, AND it has a TexAgs channel.
Aggie09Derek
AG
http://deadspin.com/millions-of-xbox-360s-soon-to-flood-craigslist-as-espn-1765743738
Aggieangler93
AG
Is your Ipad on wifi, or is it on mobile data?

Seems like the signal degradation would impact both devices if the ipad is on wifi also.

Do you have another device like your phone, that you could cast from, instead of the ipad? Just to test?

I would also find a way to get the ipad right next to the router when watching a game. That way the signal between it and the router will be strong. Then you could watch on the TV and see if the signal ever degrades.

I need to read up on the chromecast some.
greg.w.h
AG
Don't have to cast with Roku or Appletv. One less source of latency.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Stupid question.....can I watch games on SECN+ on my iPad without wifi? Does this use my cellular data?
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
Stupid question.....can I watch games on SECN+ on my iPad without wifi? Does this use my cellular data?
Sure you can if you have 3G/4G! Driving down the highway too! And you bet it does (eat yer data)! But ain't it great to have!
MsDoubleD81
AG
Thank you for the info.. It is a 4g (I think) one issued by work..I'm not even sure how much data we're allowed and don't want to get the stink eye look from boss or IT. Any idea how much one game would use?
BoerneGator
AG
No idea. That's way over my head, and since I have an unlimited data plan, I've never "needed" to know.
Somebody will know maana.
Aggieangler93
AG
has anyone figured out how to time the radio Aggieland app with the watch ESPN coverage? Florida homer announcers are driving me nuts.
Bondag
DRE06
AG
Can someone post the direct link for watchespn

I need to copy and paste it into the browser on my phone but I can't grab it
Bondag
AG
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/roadblock?watchsrc=true&device=ios&id=2780494&_slug_=texas-am-vs-mississippi-state
BoerneGator
AG
So I decided I needed to upgrade my router (it's ~ 10 y o) because I could no longer get HD streaming. Got it hooked up and working good but it's not recognizing my Chomecast from either phone or iPad. The little icon is not present on either.
Help!
Bondag
AG
quote:
So I decided I needed to upgrade my router (it's ~ 10 y o) because I could no longer get HD streaming. Got it hooked up and working good but it's not recognizing my Chomecast from either phone or iPad. The little icon is not present on either.
Help!
Are they all on the new router, or are they on dataplan?
BoerneGator
AG
They've recognized the router
Aggieangler93
AG
https://www.google.com/chromecast/setup/

Use link above when you get a new router to set up the chromecast on your new wifi. Your new router is likely not aware of your chromecast anymore, so your apps can't find the chromecast via your new wifi also.
Aggieangler93
AG
Basically this is like first time chromecast setup, to get it visible on your network.
Jethro95
AG
quote:
has anyone figured out how to time the radio Aggieland app with the watch ESPN coverage? Florida homer announcers are driving me nuts.
Yes, I have done this but you have to get the TuneIn Radio app instead. It lets you pause the radio stream like a DVR. I wait to hear the ball go off the bat (or some other identifiable noise) pause the radio app, then wait for watchespn to catch up and then press play.
BoerneGator
AG
Finally got it all working again. Thanks for the help, suggestions and links.

I disappointed in the picture quality as I'm watching a replay of the Sunday baseball game with MSU. It's not HD quality. Am I wrong to expect it since my phone/and or iPad is in HD, but when cast to my TV, it's not. That's what I was trying to remedy by upgrading the router, but it hasn't appeared to make a difference.
SchizoAg
AG
It should be very high quality HD for both live events and replay. How far away is your Chromecast from your wifi? How fast is your internet service, and who is the provider?

Try viewing a replay in your web browser on your computer, with a wired connection. Is the quality better? If so, then it's probably a wifi issue. If not, then it's probably your ISP. (You may not have the bandwidth for HD video, or your ISP may be throttling streams from ESPN.)
Aggieangler93
AG
It sounds like you are experiencing signal loss over the wifi transmission from ipad to chromecast, assuming your Ipad is receiving the broadcast from watchESPN using WIFI, and not cellular data. Is that the case?

It may be from interference in your wifi network, or maybe you have a really slow wifi enabled? What wireless band are you running on the new router, for WIFI?
What else is running on this same band using WIFI at the same time you are attempting to do this?
How far away from the router is the ipad and the chromecast? Are they in different rooms?
Maybe the Ipad cannot adequately receive, and re-transmit the signal adequately (I would doubt this, but I am not an apple guy)?
Cepe
AG
It is my understanding that the Chromecast stands alone. What I mean is that the signal is not going from WiFi to phone/ pad to the Chromaecast. When you tell it to show on the Chromecast the Chromecast talks directly to the WiFi and establishes a connection. I suspect that the Chromcast is behind the TV and doesn't have a clear connection to the WiFi. This is when an HDMI extender helps to move it away a little bit.

quote:
The mobile device is only used for the initial content discovery phase where the user selects a video stream to watch. Once playback is initiated, the Chromecast device connects to the internet over WiFi and downloads the stream data without requiring the mobile device to be turned on.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17875596/does-the-content-stream-from-wifi-directly-to-chromecast-or-from-wifi-to-androi

I would also look into OpeDNS or Google DNS to help with things.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/
SchizoAg
AG
But seriously, do what I said in my message. In order to diagnose any problem, you need to isolate the root cause systematically.
eye3guy
AG
This is the Aggie who invented Roku and other great tech devices ...

http://www.cta.tech/i3/VisionArchiveList/VisionArchive/2012/December/Roku-s-Anthony-Wood.aspx
Bondag
AG
quote:
This is the Aggie who invented Roku and other great tech devices ...

http://www.cta.tech/i3/VisionArchiveList/VisionArchive/2012/December/Roku-s-Anthony-Wood.aspx
Does he want a track stadium named after him?
Aggieangler93
AG
Ah...thanks..I didn't know this about chromecast.
Aggieangler93
AG
I may have to try this tonight for the Arky game.
rollingwoodaggie
Can't get my appletv to start game tonight on sec plus. Other espn channels are good. Anyone else having issues??

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.