*****NCAAT Sweet 16/Elite 8 Thread*****

42,889 Views | 673 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JWinTX
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobinator said:

For all the underdog talk, FAU was #13 in the NET on selection Sunday
They were? Then it seems like they got an even bigger shaft than the Ags did by getting a 9 seed (but of course made the most of it). I guess I don't understand what significance the NET has on anything at this point really.
TyHolden
AG
Seven Costanza said:

I don't really understand why they would want that to be part of the broadcast. It adds no value.
so chuck has something to talk about...
Dark_Knight
AG
Lol no they dont.
TyHolden
AG
Timmy still has 20 more points in him
johnnyblaze36
AG
TyHolden said:

Not with 4 fouls he doesn't. Zags are toast unfortunately.
TyHolden
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

TyHolden said:

Not with 4 fouls he doesn't. Zags are toast unfortunately.
lol yeah he gonna sit
Know Your Enemy
AG
Welp, so long Gonzaga.
TyHolden
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Welp, so long Gonzaga.
yep - this might get out of hand quickly
miller0926
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

bobinator said:

They were? Then it seems like they got an even bigger shaft than the Ags did by getting a 9 seed (but of course made the most of it). I guess I don't understand what significance the NET has on anything at this point really.

Because they only played 2 power conference teams and split them with a win over Florida and a loss to Ole Miss. They didn't get shafted with a 9-seed, if anything that is why they weren't a 12 seed is because of that NET.
agent-maroon
AG
Gonzaga doing Gonzaga things. Never can believe in them come tournament time
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TyHolden
AG
miller0926 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

bobinator said:

Because they only played 2 power conference teams and split them with a win over Florida and a loss to Ole Miss. They didn't get shafted with a 9-seed, if anything that is why they weren't a 12 seed is because of that NET.
Then either don't say you use the Net (committee put this in writing) OR fix the Net rankings.
Method Man
Great googly moogly this is pug fuggly
TyHolden
AG
Method Man said:

Great googly moogly this is pug fuggly
dude, pugs are not ugly - wtf man
miller0926
AG
On the real though, I'm glad for them. A 3-loss mid major champion that won their conference and their conference tourney is the cinderella I like to see. Not an underachieving blue blood that wasn't even ranked and finally got hot in March.

I went and watched them at the Star in Frisco in the semis against Middle Tennessee (and then Andy Kennedy and his Blazers beat UNT as well) because I have off every other Friday. Like 30 students made the trip as well and like 25-30 family members, and only 1 other guy in his late 60's/early 70's who you could tell was one of the very, very, very few likely FAU season ticket holders. Every time they went on a run he would yell "Who let them Owls out?!" and the small section of family would do the barks…. I hope that guy is having the time of his life these past 2 weeks.
htxag09
AG
Man, looking at someone wrong is a foul right now
Method Man
Au contraire.
DukeMu
7 of the 8 have three or more transfers
birdman
miller0926 said:

On the real though, I'm glad for them. A 3-loss mid major champion that won their conference and their conference tourney is the cinderella I like to see. Not an underachieving blue blood that wasn't even ranked and finally got hot in March.

I went and watched them at the Star in Frisco in the semis against Middle Tennessee (and then Andy Kennedy and his Blazers beat UNT as well) because I have off every other Friday. Like 30 students made the trip as well and like 25-30 family members, and only 1 other guy in his late 60's/early 70's who you could tell was one of the very, very, very few likely FAU season ticket holders. Every time they went on a run he would yell "Who let them Owls out?!" and the small section of family would do the barks…. I hope that guy is having the time of his life these past 2 weeks.

Why wouldn't the other people shout "WHO", like an owl instead?
LawHall88
AG
Wow, this has gotten totally out of hand. I'm not surprised by UConn winning, but damn.
75AG
AG
Zags have gone Ags cold.
Method Man
Ags would've been down by less. We were robbed.
Kellso
UCONN showing the world what Blue Blood college basketball is all about.

Gonzaga is so close...yet so far away from being a blue blood. Still a mid major after all these years.
agent-maroon
AG
Only watching the rest to see if the Huskies can double them up in an Elite 8 game
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AAggie
LawHall88 said:

Wow, this has gotten totally out of hand. I'm not surprised by UConn winning, but damn.

They've dominated every team they've played so far. They are just on a different level than everyone else in the tournament to this point
agent-maroon
AG
Zags shooting 14% in the 2nd half (if I heard that correctly). Doesn't get much worse than that
johnnyblaze36
AG
miller0926 said:

That's great and all but they should have been bounced two weeks ago and these three should be serving prison sentences for the crimes committed in the Memphis game:

• Referees:
  • Lee Cassell
  • Bret Smith
  • Evon Burroughs

bdp514am
I expected UConn vs Gonzaga to be one of the best games of the tourney. I was wrong
AggieNattie
Would love for UConn to run sips out of the arena if they beat Miami.
birdman
bdp514am said:

I expected UConn vs Gonzaga to be one of the best games of the tourney. I was wrong
I was back and forth on who would win the game. But I was 100% certain that it was going to be an awesome game.
Know Your Enemy
AG
agent-maroon said:

Zags shooting 14% in the 2nd half (if I heard that correctly). Doesn't get much worse than that

Rumor is they are pressuring Hefner to hit the portal and transfer to the Great Northwest.
Blinnaggie2002
Would love to see that but i don't think they can be beaten this tournament. They are firing on all the right cylinders during the tournament. They look pretty unbeatable.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Blinnaggie2002 said:

Would love to see that but i don't think they can be beaten this tournament. They are firing on all the right cylinders during the tournament. They look pretty unbeatable.

UCONN has been the most dominate team in this tournament. They just took Gonzaga to the woodshed and thumped them by 28 points. Before that in the Sweet Sixteen game, they similarly took Arkansas to the woodshed and thumped the Pigs by 23 points. I don't see how anybody could be saying the horns look 'unbeatable' when a UCONN is sitting in front of them.
AggieCrew44
AG
Kellso said:

UCONN showing the world what Blue Blood college basketball is all about.

Gonzaga is so close...yet so far away from being a blue blood. Still a mid major after all these years.
Or it's their worst team in years and they still made the elite 8. That's as blue blood as it gets
jphelmet
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Blinnaggie2002 said:

UCONN has been the most dominate team in this tournament. They just took Gonzaga to the woodshed and thumped them by 28 points. Before that in the Sweet Sixteen game, they similarly took Arkansas to the woodshed and thumped the Pigs by 23 points. I don't see how anybody could be saying the horns look 'unbeatable' when a UCONN is sitting in front of them.

The only people saying that hadn't watched UConn the last month before last night. They have out scored the other team in the 2nd half in their 4 tourney games by almost 100 points. They have looked better than tu in every game of this tournament. They are really deep, really athletic, play great defense and can shoot. Texas and UConn could be a great game, but UConn should be favored.
Pumpkinhead
AG
jphelmet said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Blinnaggie2002 said:

The only people saying that hadn't watched UConn the last month before last night. They have out scored the other team in the 2nd half in their 4 tourney games by almost 100 points. They have looked better than tu in every game of this tournament. They are really deep, really athletic, play great defense and can shoot. Texas and UConn could be a great game, but UConn should be favored.

Absolutely UCONN will be the betting favorite if they meet the horns in the semi-finals. UCONN is the #1 ranked team in the computers such as KenPom

https://kenpom.com/

Above Texas, which is a major factor in determining the initial lines, and nobody has been demolishing their opponents more impressively in the tourney than UCONN.

UCONN has the computer profile of a #1 seed and has been playing like a dominant #1 seed. Perhaps some folks see a #4 seed next to their name and mistakenly think tu as a #2 would be favored and then slice through them.

Anyone thinking the horns are 'unbeatable' on their way to a title have not been following UCONN and looking at the bracket. There is still a notable greater chance that horns don't even make the national title game than win it all. Because there is UCONN waiting in the semi-final and horns have to beat a good Miami team first before even getting that opportunity.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.