*****NCAAT Sweet 16/Elite 8 Thread*****

42,215 Views | 673 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JWinTX
Blinnaggie2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't think any team can beat tu right now. They look unstoppable. Their defense was just flat out insane. Every single shot was contested almost. They have so much energy and athleticism. They need their center back but even without him and the smaller lineup they are pretty dam good. Hate this. Why is tu good at almost every dam sport and why do we always choke when it comes down to crunch time. So sick of this.
AAggie
SWAGBOT said:

How is FAU able to get true 7 footers and we can't smh

We have Javonte Brown-Ferguson, he just hasn't done jack for us.
zgolfz85
AG
I'll be rooting for nowell and k state from here on out and have been since we went down. Such a fun team
Know Your Enemy
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Nowell is just ridiculous. Who is the guy in the crowd they keep showing pulling for him that is mic'd up? I missed them say who it is.

LawHall88
AG
Kansas St. beginning to panic a little.
Method Man
If Nowell can't create they can't score.
Method Man
Horrible call on ksu
The Porkchop Express
43-21 FAU rebounds
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
johnnyblaze36
AG
That blown most wide open layup in basketball history in the first half sure is looming large right now.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Terrible defense followed by terrible possession. Let Forrest who just showed he's ready for the moment get wide open - so open they were able to kill an extra second or two. Then lousy last possession
74AnimalA
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

74AnimalA said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

SIAP. An easy joke, but still great.

Also looked like a Good Matchup for SDSU.
Everything looks like a good matchup when Brandon Miller goes 3/19 out of nowhere. He couldn't even make bunnies around the basket. It's not like all of his 1/10 from 3 land were highly contested. He just choked all night (and I ain't mad at it).
SDSU started the game being Physical and Playing Tough Defense. That play just got IN THEIR HEAD!!! Miller crumbled, started pressing, etc. along with the rest of them.

IMHO SDSU started the Bama fall. It wasn't a case of Bama STARTING play being sh!++y. It was the physical nature and defense that CAUSED them to Play Sh!++y.
LawHall88
AG
Nowell had a great tourney, but passing into a double team with 3 seconds left wasn't a great decision.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Mich St can't get off a three vs K St when I needed them and then K St can't get off a 3 when I need them. The basketball Gods hate my guts.

I really didn't want to Tom Herman to have any amount of joy and was hoping to watch more of Nowell in the Final Four. ****
AAggie
A mid major is now guaranteed to be playing for the natty. First time since Butler in 2010/2011 if I'm not mistaken
johnnyblaze36
AG
LawHall88 said:

Nowell had a great tourney, but passing into a double team with 3 seconds left wasn't a great decision.
Yeah I'm amazed he didn't try to drive it up and take some sort of runner. Dude he passed to can hit them but he was swarmed. Terrible ending to a great game.
Deputy Travis Junior
That was a really fun game. There was a 15-20 minute stretch in there where it looked like an all star game (complete with bad turnovers on botched attempts at highlight assists). Raining 3s, slinging the ball around, and driving the hoop.
Kellso
AAggie said:

A mid major is now guaranteed to be playing for the natty. First time since Butler in 2010/2011 if I'm not mistaken
Gonzaga played for the National Title in 2017 and 2021.
AAggie
Kellso said:

AAggie said:

Ah, you're correct. I just don't even think of them as being a mid major because of how consistently they've made deep tourney runs lately and how well they recruit. High-major pedigree in a mid-major conference.
Kellso
AAggie said:

Kellso said:

AAggie said:

Ah, you're correct. I just don't even think of them as being a mid major because of how consistently they've made deep tourney runs lately and how well they recruit.
If Gonzaga makes it to the National Title game then we are guaranteed an all Mid Major National Title game.
AAggie
Crazy. I wonder if this is an anomaly or if the transfer portal has introduced true parity in college basketball
LawHall88
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

LawHall88 said:

Yeah I'm amazed he didn't try to drive it up and take some sort of runner. Dude he passed to can hit them but he was swarmed. Terrible ending to a great game.
Well they needed a 3 but Nowell has to take the shot.
bobinator
AG
For all the underdog talk, FAU was #13 in the NET on selection Sunday
AggieNattie
Who we thinkin? Huskies or Zags?
TyHolden
AG
AggieNattie said:

Who we thinkin? Huskies or Zags?
Huskies
bobinator
AG
Zags
Method Man
Was thinking huskies but now just thinking this game is boring.
75AG
AG
Are coaches compensated for these inane in-game interviews?
TyHolden
AG
75AG said:

Are coaches compensated for these inane in-game interviews?
believe it's baked into contracts...they have no choice
75AG
AG
Makes sense
TyHolden
AG
75AG said:

Makes sense
remember when jimbo was late for a post-practice presser last year? everybody said he'd be fined for missing it but I believe they did it later that night.
75AG
AG
To pull a coach away from his team during a tournament game seems ridiculous.
Pumpkinhead
AG
75AG said:

To pull a coach away from his team during a tournament game seems ridiculous.

TV telecast is paying a bulk of the bills and everybody's salaries.
75AG
AG
Understood. But my point is the coaches must dislike it
DannyDuberstein
AG
Coaches are over-interviewed and over-press conferenced. Rarely compelling, people read nonsense into it because they overly dissect every word, and they are in general a big waste of time
Seven Costanza
AG
I don't really understand why they would want that to be part of the broadcast. It adds no value.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.