*****NCAAT Sweet 16/Elite 8 Thread*****

42,680 Views | 673 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JWinTX
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Had to leave at halftime for recruiting visit (yep). Very pleased to see what happened in my absence!
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Pumpkinhead
AG
Kellso said:

I hate to say this....but with about 13 minutes left in the game I was seriously thinking that UT might win it all.

There was a large contingent of Horn fans watching the games here in Vegas and they all started yelling Texas FIGHT over and over again when UT was up double digits.

Hardest tournament to win in College Sports IMO.

You gotta win 6 consecutive single single elimination 40-min games. Horns finally got outplayed for about 10 minutes of the 4th game and they are gone.

If this NCAAT was best-of-three series you'd probably always see the best teams advance of course, but then it wouldn't be March Madness.
94chem
I'll go with baseball as the hardest. For the basketball blue bloods, it's quite often a 3 game tournament. Maybe that is changing.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Kellso
miller0926 said:

Ya but they hit gold last year. Both the Duke-UNC Final four game and the natty had more viewers than any of the World Series or NBA Finals games.
The NCAA's hit gold in 21 and 22. The Games in 21 were a huge hit because people were so glad to have March Madness back on tv.

Gonzaga became a National Story line in their pursuit for a perfect season. This years Final Four is boring.

PatAg
AG
Kellso said:

I hate to say this....but with about 13 minutes left in the game I was seriously thinking that UT might win it all.

There was a large contingent of Horn fans watching the games here in Vegas and they all started yelling Texas FIGHT over and over again when UT was up double digits.
Did everyone start a mocking chant when the game ended?
bdp514am
I really hope the SDST FAU winner takes it. But UCONN had been in take no prisoners mode. Hard to see anyone beating them
Artorias
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Glad they called that. It affected the shot; his body's inertia on a floater helps the ball get to the hoop on target and he was grabbed and sent sideways which impacted the drift. The defender was beat and got an advantage with contact
Disagree. Shot was out of his hands before his inertia/momentum was affected by the hand on the hip. He just missed the shot. Shooter definitely added a little theatre at the end to draw the foul call.
Tie game, game on the line for trip to Final Four, I believe a foul has to be pretty darn egregious to blow a whistle, especially if you have been letting them play the rest of the game.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The defender got his ass beat and you want to reward him by calling it loosely. He is pulling the offensive player back and using him as leverage as he tries to block it. This absolutely impacts a floater. You can see the progression here where it goes from a touch to a grab, all while the offensive player still gas the ball.

This doesn't affect a floater LOL? That shot didn't miss short and left by accident

JWinTX
Method Man said:

SDSU plays so tough and ugly. I love it.
Reminds me so much of BCG's 2007 team...with better luck

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.