Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE CIGAR THREAD

78,197 Views | 550 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Irish 2.0
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I've searched and came up with nothing. We need a cigar thread. Unless I'm the only partaker. In which case this thread will die...

RP 99 vintage.
7nine
J.P. 03
AG
I feel like there was a cigar thread on here at some point, but if you searched and couldn't find it, maybe it's gone.

Are you a big RP fan? I'd love some guidance on some of your faves if so because I feel like I strike out every time I try one. Maybe it was all those Cameroon wrappers they were experimenting with?

That said, I do enjoy the Decade quite a bit. How does what you're smoking tonight compare to it?
Texaggie7nine
Decade is my go to as well for RP. I'm not a huge RP guy. But yeah this vintage 99 is pretty similar but really good Connecticut wrapper. A little milder
7nine
austinag1997
AG
What beer were you drinking? I have a box of Arturo Fuente Don Carlos robusos. Smoke one every few weeks.
Texaggie7nine
Got some Marble Brewery Desert Fog from Albuquerque
7nine
jwag
AG
Don't smoke cigars much anymore but my go to was Padron londres back in CS.
CFTXAG10
AG
Following this thread! Out on the patio now with a cheapie and some crown. Picked up a $5 La Aroma De Cuba "Churchill" at the local cigar shop. Not too bad.
Texaggie7nine
This was my latest take from cigarbid. All these are cheapies at the price I got em.

7nine
ORAggieFan
Used to be cigar thread on the Outdoor board. Started before this one existed.

I'm pretty into cigars, almost all Cubans these days. I've got about 60-70 boxes spread across a few humidors.
CFTXAG10
AG
I'm looking for a good starter humidor. Not the cheap 30-50 dollar kind. If anybody has any recs I'd appreciate it. I'm looking at Whynter and Audew on Amazon right now.
DiskoTroop
I worked a cigar shop back home on weekends during my college years. Learned to love them. Recently got my father in law interested in them too. Still smoke maybe two or three a month. Really enjoy them with coffee next to my smoker (bbq) on a Saturday morning... wish that is what I was doing today...

Texaggie7nine
Check cigarbid.com for all cigar accessories. Got mine for about $25 regular 60
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Even the cheap Padrons are delightful.
7nine
TxSquarebody
Gonna follow this thread! I enjoy the occasional cigar, but have zero knowledge when it comes to selecting. Gonna let you guys point me in the right direction!
Meanwhile, here is today's "smoke" for you!
Floor it until you see God
austinag1997
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I'm looking for a good starter humidor. Not the cheap 30-50 dollar kind. If anybody has any recs I'd appreciate it. I'm looking at Whynter and Audew on Amazon right now.

Meh, I bet mine was around $100 15 years ago. Works well for a box+ of cigars. No clue what brand it is. Just make sure it has a hygrometer in it, but I bet they all do.
ConstructionAg01
AG
Le Creme, from an Outdoor Board cigar pass a few years ago.
austinag1997
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Got some Marble Brewery Desert Fog from Albuquerque

Not to derail this into a beer thread, but I did look up that brewery.. they have a lot of Saisons and IPAs. Those are both in my wheelhouse. My buddy's son plays golf for New Mexico so I will be sending him over for a delivery back to Texas.
Ag_07
AG
Hell yeah they are!

The draw on those is so damn good.
Texaggie7nine
Drove back from ABQ last month with Marble Brewery and La Cumbre Brewery beers. They are all pretty great but Desert Fog is amazing
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Bars open

This R&J is particularly smooth.
7nine
CoachLB
Favorites. Any Padron usually the 1964 Anniversaries. Also like the Arturo Fuente Anejo 55. Headed for Destin at the end of the week. Will smoke more cigars there than any other week of the year. Enjoy one every now and then by the fire pit at home with friends. Also after Aggie games at the hotel pool.
Texaggie7nine
If tailgating exists this year I'll be at Penberthy lighting up.
7nine
BlackLab
AG
I've enjoyed a RP Latte recently. Didn't like Padron. I'm not a fan of the heavy spice/woody notes so any recs for the milder types?
jwag
AG
Avo? Different style than padron.
ElCheAg
AG
Had an AVO yesterday during the Match 2.0. Was pretty mild and snooth.
Ragoo
AG
https://www.jrcigars.com/item/my-father-flor-de-las-antillas/robusto/MFFAR.html#start=1
Texaggie7nine
Ragoo said:

https://www.jrcigars.com/item/my-father-flor-de-las-antillas/robusto/MFFAR.html#start=1

That's some good stuff right there. Never been lucky enough to score on cigarbid, I've just had to buy singles at the local cigar shop when I'm in the mood.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
You might want to stick with Conneticut tobacco stogies if you want a milder and lighter experience.
Oliva Connecticut reserve or a Camacho Conneticut or Monte Cristo Classic are good ones. But just look for Conneticut style next time you shop.
7nine
Ragoo
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Ragoo said:

That's some good stuff right there. Never been lucky enough to score on cigarbid, I've just had to buy singles at the local cigar shop when I'm in the mood.
they are just dang good mild consistent 30 minute smokes.
Texaggie7nine
This is my consistent fav for a good pricepoint
7nine
CoachLB
Man! That is a great cigar! I am a Padron 1964 Anniversary fan. But that 660 Flathead has very similar notes. I really enjoy it!
RG20
Just don't go in saying you want something Creamy.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
http://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3010427/4
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
http://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2880957/3
Texaggie7nine
Enjoying some Oliva Connecticuts
7nine

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.