Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE CIGAR THREAD

81,196 Views | 560 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by RoosterAg12
MarleyFeed97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not the same without a pic (Gotta figure out how to post pics as a non-premium) but tonight's pairing:

Diesel Whiskey Row + Hickory smoked Makers on the patio watching CWS.

What y'all got going?
-MarleyFeed97
aggiesundevil4
AG
Anejo tequila old fashioned and the wife is having a spicy cucumber margarita while on vacation in breckenridge! Cigars at the house but I don't know if I can handle it in this elevation, our house is over 10,000 feet up, kicking my butt

MarleyFeed97
AG
Excellent! Def more of a whiskey guy but the anejo old fashioned sounds interesting (pretty Smokey assume?). Just got back from Pagosa (day trip to Durango/Silverton in there too) couple weeks ago and loved it I'm sure Breck awesome!

Got a Flathead 660 planned for game watching tomorrow !
-MarleyFeed97
Texaggie7nine
The FH 660 is my go to. I smoke it so often I don't post it much anymore.

Going to The Barn in Cypress to see Ray Willie Hubbard tomorrow night. It's all outdoors and smoking is allowed so I will be bringing one of my long Olivia Os
7nine
Texaggie7nine
As promised
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Another outdoor concert in a heat warning.
Fleetwood Mac tribute
7nine
Irish 2.0
https://texags.com/forums/67/topics/3384562
Texaggie7nine
Hope they do well. Too far for me to be a regular but I hope to check em out.
7nine
Nice Ash
I've followed this thread for a bit. Really enjoy seeing what everyone is smoking.

Look forward to seeing some of y'all if you stop in as well as be your go-to cigar provider. Can meet in BCS at Aggie Football games or happy to ship at cost.

Colin
555-PINF
I smoked an Oliva Serie V Melanio last night and it was one of the best cigars I've had. It was my first Oliva and I'm going to have to start exploring their offerings.
Texaggie7nine
cigarbid.com usually has sample packs you can get for good prices.
7nine
Irish 2.0
Great stick!
Nice Ash
555-PINF said:

I smoked an Oliva Serie V Melanio last night and it was one of the best cigars I've had. It was my first Oliva and I'm going to have to start exploring their offerings.
If you decide on one you really like and would like a box, let me know. Assuming it is not some super sale promotion, I'll match or beat the prices you find on the major internet retailers.

That offer extends to everyone here.
strohag
AG
555-PINF said:

One of my favorite smokes
Know Your Enemy
AG
Couple from this weekend. The Blackened cigar was really good.

Nice Ash
What do you think of the BT stick? I haven't had one yet. Heard a lot of mixed reviews.
Know Your Enemy
AG
It was decent. It didn't stand out to me as anything special.
Nice Ash
Know Your Enemy said:

That's about the gist of what I have heard. Same for the Pappy sticks. It is a novelty. If I'm going to spend ~$30 for a stick I'm going with a OpusX or a God of Fire
Know Your Enemy
AG
Nice Ash said:

Know Your Enemy said:

That's about the gist of what I have heard. Same for the Pappy sticks. It is a novelty. If I'm going to spend ~$30 for a stick I'm going with a OpusX or a God of Fire
My BIL got them in a 5 pack at a local shop as part of some special deal so they were nowhere close to that price. Not sure what he said he paid but it was definitely way closer to $30 for the pack than individual sticks. We rarely spend more than $10/cigar, if that much.
Nice Ash
Know Your Enemy said:

Nice Ash said:

Know Your Enemy said:

My BIL got them in a 5 pack at a local shop as part of some special deal so they were nowhere close to that price. Not sure what he said he paid but it was definitely way closer to $30 for the pack than individual sticks. We rarely spend more than $10/cigar, if that much.
Sorry, I meant the pappy sticks with the $30 reference. Those are about $15-20/piece retail and secondary market has them going for over $30.
Texaggie7nine
Trying out my first Cigar City. I love their beer, so was intrigued. Made by Punch. So far, very dark and toasty.
7nine
Nice Ash
Texaggie7nine said:

Trying out my first Cigar City. I love their beer, so was intrigued. Made by Punch. So far, very dark and toasty.

I've got three boxes coming in the end of the month. Have heard really good things about them!

If interested in a few more or a full box, let me know and we'll set you up.
Pappy Van Winkle
AG
Nice Ash- I looked for you on the "Sponsors" page but didn't see you listed. How do I find you online?
Nice Ash
Pappy Van Winkle said:

Nice Ash- I looked for you on the "Sponsors" page but didn't see you listed. How do I find you online?

We only started sponsoring last month so it may not be updated yet on TexAgs part. Our webpage isn't quite ready yet, but you can find us on Facebook at Nice Ash TX and Instagram at @niceashtx.

Hoping to have the webpage squared away in the next week or so.
Pappy Van Winkle
AG
Thanks, good luck to you guys.
CFTXAG10
AG
Just picked this up on Slickdeals

10 Oliva sampler for $20 - good mix

SD Link
Texaggie7nine
Picked that up yesterday. Forgot to post.

Good pick.
7nine
CFTXAG10
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Picked that up yesterday. Forgot to post.

Good pick.
Yea, just in time for football season. I buy a few of these regularly for 7 or 8 bucks so it was definitely a no brainer
Know Your Enemy
AG
Thanks! Just ordered.
Texaggie7nine
Soccer season starting back up.
7nine
joeaharn
AG
Nm
SoTxAg
AG
Not a big cigar guy but had the Catch 22 by rocky patel on saturday. My unrefined senses thought it was pretty good.
maddiedou
AG
Well crapola. Cigar beetle I very seldom look at my cigars except to grab and smoke one

So I thought I would pull everything out and rearrange my cigars and saw a cigar that sid not look right and it is a bery sad day

I thi k I caught it before it got to bad probably about 60 cigars and I think I found the culprit box

I had bought a box in mexico 15 months ago and the whole box had the beetle

I dont have to buy cigars for about two more years but when I start back I may just put in freezer when I get them before humidor

Just thought I would share
Nice Ash
maddiedou said:

Well crapola. Cigar beetle I very seldom look at my cigars except to grab and smoke one

So I thought I would pull everything out and rearrange my cigars and saw a cigar that sid not look right and it is a bery sad day

I thi k I caught it before it got to bad probably about 60 cigars and I think I found the culprit box

I dont have to buy cigars for about two more years but when I start back I may just put in freezer when I get them before humidor

Yeah. They've really stepped up the counterfeiting game on the Cubans of late and Mexico is a top spot where they get people.

Freezing them is definitely the right move. It is explicitly written in our locker agreements that members are welcomed to smoke a Cuban that they may bring in. However absolutely no Cubans can be put in our lockers. Anytime I buy Cubans now, I freeze them and they go into a seperate, smaller humidor that I have and I just toss in some Boveda packs and kind of let them be.

If some cigars that you really enjoy got ruined, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can track down for you. I'm putting in a bunch of POs over the next couple of weeks.

A heads-up to y'all as well - I'm going to be doing a promo towards the end of the month to kickoff football season. I ship at my cost (I'll covering shipping if you order 3+ boxes) or one of us is always in College Station for the home games and we can meet there for a quick dropoff and can hang around our tailgate for some food and drink too.

Welcome to swing by the shop too.

3117 White Oak Dr.
maddiedou
AG
Nice Ash said:

maddiedou said:

Yeah. They've really stepped up the counterfeiting game on the Cubans of late and Mexico is a top spot where they get people.

Freezing them is definitely the right move. It is explicitly written in our locker agreements that members are welcomed to smoke a Cuban that they may bring in. However absolutely no Cubans can be put in our lockers. Anytime I buy Cubans now, I freeze them and they go into a seperate, smaller humidor that I have and I just toss in some Boveda packs and kind of let them be.

If some cigars that you really enjoy got ruined, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can track down for you. I'm putting in a bunch of POs over the next couple of weeks.

A heads-up to y'all as well - I'm going to be doing a promo towards the end of the month to kickoff football season. I ship at my cost (I'll covering shipping if you order 3+ boxes) or one of us is always in College Station for the home games and we can meet there for a quick dropoff and can hang around our tailgate for some food and drink too.

Welcome to swing by the shop too.

3117 White Oak Dr.

I cant afford cubans or want to be cubans they were one of the suppliers in cozumel I think they grow their own tobacco and ship over but hell I am not for sure

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.