Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,865,790 Views | 38666 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by trouble
Habanero Guero
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have advice for Eagle Rare or Buf Trace in the Austin Area?
Houston Astros- 2017 & 2022 World Champs
Aggie Pharmer
AG
EL TORO L0C0 said:

Check out Oak Liquor Cabinet for Buffalo Trace. Also have seen it at TL on Mesa pretty regularly.
TamuKid
AG
EL TORO L0C0 said:

Where in Austin. I can find buff Trace at Twin Liquors pretty regularly in North Austin/Round Rock area.

Have gotten a couple bottles of eagle rare by asking at TL too.
TamuKid
AG
As of right now, there are 2 E.H. Taylor SB's at the Costco in Pflugerville. Just bought 1, left 2 for others. $39.99
Habanero Guero
AG
TamuKid said:

EL TORO L0C0 said:

Where in Austin. I can find buff Trace at Twin Liquors pretty regularly in North Austin/Round Rock area.

Have gotten a couple bottles of eagle rare by asking at TL too.

Yeah I just grabbed some BT at the twin liq on South Lamar. Also got John J Bowman because I've heard great things
Houston Astros- 2017 & 2022 World Champs
Bert315
AG
Anyone seen any EH Taylor in west Houston or Katy?
Clavell
AG
In Texas Hill Country for the week. See number of distillers in area. Is there any Bourbon worth me stopping by and getting?
agcrock2005
AG
My vote is no FWIW.
showtime
AG
My cabinet is way-overstocked. I was never into the facebook groups for trading/selling and I understand they've been shut down anyway. Any suggestions on how best to liquidate? Parting with some VW (10 and 12 - not Pappy - and BTAC).
Post removed:
by user
Fallisfun16
Second on the EH Taylor, haven't found it anywhere in Houston
GarlandAg2012
AG
showtime said:

My cabinet is way-overstocked. I was never into the facebook groups for trading/selling and I understand they've been shut down anyway. Any suggestions on how best to liquidate? Parting with some VW (10 and 12 - not Pappy - and BTAC).
I'd be interested in buying a couple things if you're in the D/FW area...there are some auction sites you can use, I believe you ship them your stuff and then they give you the money after the auction closes (less their cut).
Robert C. Christian
AG
showtime said:

Subscribed.
the dude10
AG
Also interested in BTAC, though not at secondary prices. PM me if you still need to unload some.
txagtiger86
AG
showtime said:

Also interested.
Bigfootisreal
showtime said:

Interested as well!
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

2 E.H. Taylor SB's

Would that be Single Barrel or Small Batch? At that price, I'm guessing Small Batch but I sure would like some Single Barrel.
Trinity Ag
S
cclearman said:

Since Specs charges $29.99 cash for 750ml of Buffalo Trace, same price I paid for Eagle Rare at Total Wine
Yikes.

The Specs on Texas in College Station is selling 750ml for $23.

I paid $29 for a liter there yesterday. Haven't seen any Eagle Rare there in a while.

They had 2 bottles of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof sitting on the shelf about a month ago. I bought one, and left the other for my homies.
TamuKid
AG
schwack schwack said:

Quote:

2 E.H. Taylor SB's

Would that be Single Barrel or Small Batch? At that price, I'm guessing Small Batch but I sure would like some Single Barrel.

Sorry, good catch SmB would have been better. Small batch.
FTAG 2000
AG
showtime said:

Guess I'll get in line for these if there's any left.
BQRyno
AG
Anybody around Houston have a lead on where to pick up the 3rd release of Little Book?
TamuKid
AG
Blanton's is definitely in the round rock/Austin area. Seems Thursday stores got deliveries. Look around!
AggieBarstool
I have an idea -- we create "Bourbon" threads for all the major towns/metros in Texas, where by/sell/where-can-i-find-________ threads can reside and we can leave this thread for chatting about flavor, new stuff, what we're drinking, etc.

Who's with me?
FriedTex
AG
How often do you post on this thread to begin with to start policing it?
the dude10
AG
I wish this thread had more traffic, not less. Also, it's all very relevant information. If someone says something has been released in Houston but you live in dfw, you can bet it is either already on the shelves or will be soon. I don't want to have to check 5 different boards to find out if anyone has seen the latest ecbp release yet. Just my $.02
FriedTex
AG
I'll add.... I recently tasted Smooth Amblers new wheated bourbon and thought it was awful. It had a bright oak taste to it. I'm not sure if it's too young or what.

I use to love their barrel proof stuff that was sourced from MGP years ago - it's all been pretty disappointing since.
John Francis Donaghy
FriedTex said:

I'll add.... I recently tasted Smooth Amblers new wheated bourbon and thought it was awful. It had a bright oak taste to it. I'm not sure if it's too young or what.

I use to love their barrel proof stuff that was sourced from MGP years ago - it's all been pretty disappointing since.

I think they still have some MGP releases under their Old Scout label, unless they've gone by the wayside recently. I'll admit I haven't bought one in a while though.
FriedTex
AG
Ok - for some reason I thought they moved to producing their own. I had an 11year bottle 2 months ago that was trash too
John Francis Donaghy
FriedTex said:

Ok - for some reason I thought they moved to producing their own. I had an 11year bottle 2 months ago that was trash too

Yeah, if I recall, they have two product lines. The Smooth Ambler branded line is their own stuff. The Old Scout line is their sourced stuff. They're one of the few outfits that are very open about what's theirs vs. sourced.
Wheatables02
AG
That and the thirteen year were Dickel juice, I believe.
FriedTex
AG
That makes sense - I think that Tennessee stuff is garbage too
John Francis Donaghy
Man, I was thinking about going out to grab some Old Scout tomorrow now that I'm thinking of it again, but if they dumped MGP for Dickel that's a dealbreaker for me too.
Fall92
AG
FriedTex said:

The Big Level is not good. If you're a fan of the wheateds as am I then try to find the white label Redemption wheated. The first batch was outstanding. The second batch is good but not as good as the first.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
CharlieBrown17
AG
The 13 yr SiB select is dickel.

They're about to start releasing old scout again at 99 proof that's was new make bought from MGP and aged in house for five years that's the same mashbill as the old SAOS single barrels.
SpiderDude
AG
Went to the Miss St game today. Stopped at the Twin just west of Bastrop on 71 on the way back to Austin. Seemed like an obscure Twin that might have a unicorn or two. Eagle Rare stacked 4 deep collecting dust. Also an 11 year Knob Creek SB 120 store pick. Bought one of each.
First Page Last Page
Page 386 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.