Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

8,442,960 Views | 49172 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by HunterAggie
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been saying that ER back on shelves would be my sign that the boom is over. It's my (and my wife's) favorite everyday drinker so this is good.
WeightedWhiskey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This was posted at a tiny liquor store in the Heights (across from Nice Ash). Figured I would have time to wait until today so stopped by this afternoon.

He already sold all 200 bottles he got in. MSRP and no limit, so people were obviously buying cases of it. Wild that there are opportunities to buy cases of EHT Barrel Proof.

Side note, the clerk really knows his tequilas so if there is something you are after he can help.
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FMITGA I want some barrel proof
WeightedWhiskey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KDubAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Picked up this one today at Specs. Wasn't on the shelf, lady had it in the back.
WeightedWhiskey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's delicious! Just cracked mine. Been really into Cigar Blends lately, just grabbed a Penelope Cigar Sessions 2 I'm looking forward to opening.

The Barrel Cigar Blend is REALLY good.
Old Jock 1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My birthday is today.

To say my wife spoiled me would be an understatement of monumental proportions. I'm still in shock.

howdyags12!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Time to start celebrating!!!
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DAYUM

Happy birthday, old man
Old Jock 1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I picked up a bottle of this yesterday and had a small pour last night.

I've got a bottle of the Holladay Soft Red Wheat BiB and I'm a fan. Really smooth and sweet but not overly so. I tried it alongside some other wheated expressions and I thought it was a better pour than both Weller SR and Penelope Wheated. I don't know if it was 2x the cost better but certainly "better." It compared favorably with the Bardstown Origin Wheated, which is a slightly lower price point.

The Ancient Cave is a higher proof and also their only annual release to my knowledge. Really tasty IMO. A little silkier and smoother and also "fun" because it's harder find.

I've got a buddy with their Soft Red Wheat Rickhouse option and I'm looking forward to lining them up and trying all 3.
Old Jock 1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trouble said:

DAYUM

Happy birthday, old man


Be nice! You're the same age.
HouseDivided06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow! Haven't had the Russel's or the gold foil, but that Little Book is one of the best ones I've picked up recently. Really outstanding.
Old Jock 1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

Wow! Haven't had the Russel's or the gold foil, but that Little Book is one of the best ones I've picked up recently. Really outstanding.


Someone here recommended a couple of OKC stores to me when we went to a concert back in August. Stopped by one and talked to the guy working (owner?) a while and bought a bottle of Southern Collective Single Barrel Master's Selection from him. (Really good BTW.)

A longtime customer of his had brought in a small glass bottle of about a half-dozen small pours of the WT 16 and he let me try it after we talked quite a bit. It was a really generous pour - well over an ounce. It was outstanding to say the least. I told my wife and I guess she listened. I would've never bought it for myself. Now I'm afraid to touch it or open it! Haha.

I've had my eye on the Little Book for a while. Every review I've seen has been solid. I may open that tonight.

I just starting getting into bourbon and American whiskey about 10 months ago and I'm addicted. I love the community surrounding it as much as the drink itself.
HouseDivided06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Little Book has been really hit or miss the last few releases. I've passed on a number of them but the reviews for this one were good enough that I had to snag it. Plus price was down. It's literally all the best parts of the Jim Beam releases but aged longer and so more flavorful and complex. Think you'll really enjoy it.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Old Jock 1997 said:

trouble said:

DAYUM

Happy birthday, old man


Be nice! You're the same age.


Not yet. You've got 3 months on me
emac0002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stopped by there is morning right as they were supposed to open. Guy was late about 30 minutes. People were walking out with multiple cases. I ended up with a case and there were still 10-15 left when I got done.
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sooooo … can I get 1?
WeightedWhiskey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stagg 26A for $18/pour at High Five Mini Bar at Stomping Grounds in the GOOF of Houston…

Have a bottle but didn't mind this at all.
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice. With these half ass decent evenings may have to go check it out. Live a mile away
Sit Down Rando
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kentucky Jeff said:

Sit Down Rando said:

Anyone here planning on being in Bardstown this week for Bourbon Fest? I'm flying into Louisville tonight and will be there until Sunday if any Ags want to get together for a pour.


How was the trip? I've been down there a couple of times. I live in Alexandria, KY. Bartons, Heaven Hill and Lux Row are close to there. Obviously Buffalo Trace is all the rage but I like a lot of Bartons and HH products.


It was a good time. I went with a smaller group this year so a little easier to coordinate tours, etc.

Hit up Bulleit, Whiskey Theif and Wild Turkey for tours and tastings. Then every afternoon went to KBF for a few hours to try everything we could. Usually closed each evening at Evergreen in Bardstown for some higher end stuff.

Left with a bottle of EHTBP, WA107, 2 single barrels from Whiskey Thief, Kentucky Boy and an OF Presjdent's Choice. Solid trip!
InnocentBystander99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was able to snag a KC 12 yr cask strength at Total Wine this morning.
Old Jock 1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sit Down Rando said:

Kentucky Jeff said:

Sit Down Rando said:

Anyone here planning on being in Bardstown this week for Bourbon Fest? I'm flying into Louisville tonight and will be there until Sunday if any Ags want to get together for a pour.


How was the trip? I've been down there a couple of times. I live in Alexandria, KY. Bartons, Heaven Hill and Lux Row are close to there. Obviously Buffalo Trace is all the rage but I like a lot of Bartons and HH products.


It was a good time. I went with a smaller group this year so a little easier to coordinate tours, etc.

Hit up Bulleit, Whiskey Theif and Wild Turkey for tours and tastings. Then every afternoon went to KBF for a few hours to try everything we could. Usually closed each evening at Evergreen in Bardstown for some higher end stuff.

Left with a bottle of EHTBP, WA107, 2 single barrels from Whiskey Thief, Kentucky Boy and an OF Presjdent's Choice. Solid trip!


Looks like 6 bottles? How did you get them home? We've got a trip planned next spring and I suspect we'll all bring home some souvenirs.
CWeezy17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Snagged two bottles of Stagg 26B at Spec's in Cedar Hill this morning. Anybody had it yet? How's it compare to other Stagg's if so?
Sit Down Rando
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Old Jock 1997 said:

Sit Down Rando said:

Kentucky Jeff said:

Sit Down Rando said:

Anyone here planning on being in Bardstown this week for Bourbon Fest? I'm flying into Louisville tonight and will be there until Sunday if any Ags want to get together for a pour.


How was the trip? I've been down there a couple of times. I live in Alexandria, KY. Bartons, Heaven Hill and Lux Row are close to there. Obviously Buffalo Trace is all the rage but I like a lot of Bartons and HH products.


It was a good time. I went with a smaller group this year so a little easier to coordinate tours, etc.

Hit up Bulleit, Whiskey Theif and Wild Turkey for tours and tastings. Then every afternoon went to KBF for a few hours to try everything we could. Usually closed each evening at Evergreen in Bardstown for some higher end stuff.

Left with a bottle of EHTBP, WA107, 2 single barrels from Whiskey Thief, Kentucky Boy and an OF Presjdent's Choice. Solid trip!


Looks like 6 bottles? How did you get them home? We've got a trip planned next spring and I suspect we'll all bring home some souvenirs.


I checked a golf bag, so was able to wrap ~4 bottles in shirts/towels and put them in the golf bag which was protected by a hard shell case. The other bottles were checked in my luggage, arrived just fine.
TravelinTex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Sit Down Rando said:

Old Jock 1997 said:

Sit Down Rando said:

Kentucky Jeff said:

Sit Down Rando said:

I checked a golf bag, so was able to wrap ~4 bottles in shirts/towels and put them in the golf bag which was protected by a hard shell case. The other bottles were checked in my luggage, arrived just fine.









This is the SEC. And this is absolute national championship calibur performance on display!
droop5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heading to Estes this Friday. Any suggestions on what liquor store to stop by to load up from DIA to Estes? TIA.
CZ-exanAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Because we all need a laugh after Saturday

txag2k
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've paid more for Blanton's on the secondary and way higher for 107, so that's how I justified to myself paying that much for Blanton's at Specs lol
tu ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I left a Weller 107 on the shelf at Specs in College Station today (ok - it was the barrel I left it on), because I already have several bottles.
txag2k
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks!
tu ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I sat in my truck a while afterward and before I took off, some guy came skipping out of the store - happy as can be - with a bag in hand. He got in a BMW and started laughing uncontrollably as he cut off everyone else in the parking lot. Wasn't you, was it?
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tried this over the weekend. I really liked it. I picked it up at Costco. They said folks said it was good.
txag2k
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tu ag said:

I sat in my truck a while afterward and before I took off, some guy came skipping out of the store - happy as can be - with a bag in hand. He got in a BMW and started laughing uncontrollably as he cut off everyone else in the parking lot. Wasn't you, was it?


Sounds about right xD. But I have to say, that is standard driving for a BMW owner lol it's in the manual next to where it says never use your blinker.
HunterAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was in Spec's Allen last Monday purchasing a couple bottles of John J. Bowman Single Barrel.

I was paying at the register and dropped my debit card. As I picked it up, I saw on an adjacent table a single bottle of Weller Antique 107. I guess they had been out the previous weekend and it was left over.

I did a double-take to confirm that it was actually OWA, then I grabbed it and it's the first I have ever purchased in the wild. $62.99 plus tax.

Thanks to my clumsiness.
HunterAggie

The Elko Era is in Action
First Page Refresh
Page 1405 of 1405 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.