Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,747,972 Views | 37521 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by tu ag
fatherof4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any ideas on where I could find Midwinters Night Dram in the DFW area?
BeardofZeus01
AG
Just saw 2 bottles of Act 7 Scene 6 at Total Wine in Ft. Worth off Hulen. $100. At the customer service desk up front. Also had one bottle of each Kentucky Owl Confiscated and Kentucky Owl Rye.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
I may have a bottle of Blanton's "Straight from the Barrel" to trade with someone if there is any interest. Let me know what you have to trade. Should be getting it around November 10.

Edit to add: I'm in the Austin area.
TamuKid
AG
Anyone tried Capmaker? Liquor store guy said it's a good value drinker. I don't know whether he was pulling my leg or not. It can't be better value than OGD BiB or EW BiB, etc.
fatherof4
Thank you very much.
FTAG 2000
AG
fatherof4 said:

Any ideas on where I could find Midwinters Night Dram in the DFW area?

All the Total Wines got in MWND today. At least two cases per store, some got more. Happy hunting.
fatherof4
Thank you.
DonaldFDraper
AG
I usually alternate between $20 for the 1.5L EW BiB and Very Old Barton for my "house" whiskey. Any consensus on which is better?

Any suggestions on others for a similar quality/price/volume?
John Francis Donaghy
DonaldFDraper said:

I usually alternate between $20 for the 1.5L EW BiB and Very Old Barton for my "house" whiskey. Any consensus on which is better?

Any suggestions on others for a similar quality/price/volume?

I've never been able to find anything I like better for the price than that big ol $20 jug of EW BiB.
SpiderDude
AG
PM sent.
Habanero Guero
AG
Picked up MWND at Total Wine off 183 and 360 in Austin. I'm pumped!
[img]<a href=[/img]" />
Houston Astros- 2017 & 2022 World Champs
DripAG08
AG
EL TORO L0C0 said:

Picked up MWND at Total Wine off 183 and 360 in Austin. I'm pumped!
[img]<a href=[/img]" />
How many bottles did they have?
Habanero Guero
AG
Just one left behind the counter when I went. I did call ahead. If you can, try calling the TW in Mueller and seeing if they'll put one aside for you.
Houston Astros- 2017 & 2022 World Champs
GarlandAg2012
AG
Is it even worth bothering to drive over to the big Total Wine off 75 @ Walnut Hill in Dallas?
Cowboy Curtis
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Is it even worth bothering to drive over to the big Total Wine off 75 @ Walnut Hill in Dallas?

I really like MWND. Always a nice change up. I seem to enjoy it most neat on very cold nights. Lots of Christmas flavor notes.
HouseDivided06
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Total Wine in Plano off the toll road and park has 6 bottles out right now. Debating on whether I wanna snag one or not as I have about 2 pours from my bottle last year left and I love it, but not sure I can justify the $100 with some other current expenses. But bottom line it looks like it's out there
John Francis Donaghy
HouseDivided06 said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

Total Wine in Plano off the toll road and park has 6 bottles out right now. Debating on whether I wanna snag one or not as I have about 2 pours from my bottle last year left and I love it, but not sure I can justify the $100 with some other current expenses. But bottom line it looks like it's out there

The one next to Willow Bend Mall?
HouseDivided06
AG
Yessir. 5 bottles left on the counter. $99
AggieBarstool
Dammit! Y'all save me a bottle. I won't be back in Dallas until some time next week!
haydland
AG
TW @ 75 and Plano Parkway had 6 bottles plus on the shelf as of 5:00 today
John Francis Donaghy
HouseDivided06 said:

Yessir. 5 bottles left on the counter. $99

Got one! None left when I walked out the door. Thanks for the info!
CharlieBrown17
AG
One of y'all needs to open it and report back so I don't have to break into mine yet
GarlandAg2012
AG
I just called the 75/park store and they said they hadn't received their shipment yet. I'm going out of town this weekend but I'm guessing it'll be in store in the next few days.
HouseDivided06
AG
Glad you got one! Happy to help!
HouseDivided06
AG
Popped mine upon walking in my house. I'm really bad about the whole save it for something special deal. Damn good juice. I compared it to a sip of what I had (Act V) and I like it better. Just explodes with flavor although I'm terrible at describing what those flavors are. All in all, really damn good.

Garland, if I have the chance, I'll run by tomorrow or Friday and see if they have any. If I can grab you a bottle, I will.
GarlandAg2012
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

Popped mine upon walking in my house. I'm really bad about the whole save it for something special deal. Damn good juice. I compared it to a sip of what I had (Act V) and I like it better. Just explodes with flavor although I'm terrible at describing what those flavors are. All in all, really damn good.

Garland, if I have the chance, I'll run by tomorrow or Friday and see if they have any. If I can grab you a bottle, I will.

That would be greatly appreciated.
RebelE Infantry
AG
Some of the Houston area stores have MWND. Pearland has 4 or so as well as Cinco Ranch and Holcombe. The galleria store hasn't received theirs yet but it may have come in this morning. I got mine at Pearland right off the truck. Excited to give this a try tonight!
SpiderDude
AG
Just picked up MWND at Total Wine on Lakeline in north Austin. Was gonna grab a buddy one too but It's limit 1 per customer.
TamuKid
AG
Y'all drinking MWND neat? Are y'all mainly bourbon guys, but like a switch up?

It's a serious rye, right? I highly enjoy baby saz (I know it's barley a rye) for an Old Fashioned. But that's about the extent of my "rye" experience. As a guy who mainly drinks bourbon neat, old fashioneds, and the occasional manhattan, do I need to go find a pour of MWND?
SpiderDude
AG
I love, love, LOVE Rye!!! Probably more than bourbon (which I also love). My 3 most expensive bottles are Ryes. I love the depth of flavor in a good Rye. Everyone's palate is different so it's not for everyone but Rye as a category is #1 for me. If you want to dabble in Rye try a Knob Creek Single Barrel at 115 proof or the new Old Forester which has a higher barley in the mash bill. Nothing wrong with baby saz either.
Vade281
AG
Talking with some buddies about bourbon milk punches...yall have any recommended recipes?

This is what I've found so far.

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life/eat-drink/article_a50d962c-9ee0-5293-82fc-7c88426f32be.html
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Robert C. Christian
AG
For those interested, Total Wine off 75 in Plano had ECBP sitting at the customer desk. Excited to finally try it.
trouble
AG
We used this for CharlieBrown17's wedding and it was great.

https://breadboozebacon.com/bourbon-milk-punch/
boboguitar
AG
Brought home 2 bottles of blantons for $60 per from Mexico Sunday. Happy as a clam.
Matsui
AG
Looks great. Will try!
First Page Last Page
Page 387 of 1073

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.