Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,749,469 Views | 37537 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by AgCzar
Credible Source
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stan Crowch said:

Specs on Smith Street has W12 allocated if anyone is looking for some.

If you'll buy me some I'll pay secondary plus shipping.
BQRyno
AG
Opened up bottles of ETL and RHF to try for the first time with some buddies. RHF was noticeably better to me. Anyone else have a favorite between the two?
FriedTex
AG
I've always liked RHF over ETL
BQRyno
AG
I can see why. I'd always seen the two grouped together, but it sure seems like RHF should stand out.
BeardofZeus01
AG
ETL for me personally. But I've also consumed more bottles of ETL than RHF.
Wheatables02
AG
RHF for me.
AlaskanAg99
AG
W12 is a good bourbon @ $25. If you pay more for it it won't stack up. It is what it is and is a screw top shelf turd that was picked up by the hype. I can't believe people pay $140 for it on the secondary. It's not that good.

Specs seemed to have it limited to 1ea, and they check your account to make sure you have enough points. But not always, as Reno snagged a big boy just by asking. The smaller shops were getting it in this week, but it's totally hit or miss and you just have to get lucky.

As far as ETL vs RHF, I enjoy them both. Have both open now and I really need to do a side by side of W12, OWA, EC12, ETL and RHF to see what I really prefer.

All that's just my opinion.
Farmer1906
AG
Anyone know where to find RHF?
BQRyno
AG
aggie1906 said:

Anyone know where to find RHF?
Good question. I caved and paid too much on the secondary market.
Post removed:
by user
SuperAg05
AG
Where in Houston has RHF? I've yet to see it anywhere round here...
Post removed:
by user
SuperAg05
AG
Ok, which places have you seen "get it" ?
Post removed:
by user
AlaskanAg99
AG
I walked into a specs on 10 and bunker hill and just asked a worker if they had any good bourbon stashed in the back. He said only 1 bottle and it was RHF. I bought it, that was over a year ago.

Other than that, I haven't seen any more RHF or ETL in the wild.

In talking to the smaller independent stores, they ask for it from the distributor and sometimes they get it, sometimes they dont. They're just as frustrated.
TGoll09
AG
I would probably take RHF over ETL, but I'm not a fan of either. RHF seems to be much harder to find, at least for me. I've seen ETL a few times, but only seen RHF once. ETL is garbage, it just tastes bland to me. Definitely not worth the $75 or whatever secondary is now.

As for W12, OWA kicks it's ass all day. I don't dislike W12, but it's not worth anywhere near secondary. Don't buy into the hype! Most of the W12 I've found has been used to buy/acquire other bottles that are better.

There are plenty of other bourbons that are more available, and less expensive. I'll drink Russell's Reserve Store picks, 4 Roses store picks, etc. over W12, ETL, RHF, and end up saving money, too.

Sorry for the rant, I just get sick of shelf turds being elevated to mythical status. And I hate watching people waste their hard earned money, only to be disappointed.
jsn1986
AG
WB Liquor on Richmond is having a tasting and whiskey raffle tonight. 5-7:30 tasting raffle after. As I understand they are raffling the right to buy at retail prices.
2x PVW 23, 2x THH Rye, W12, 2x ETL, 2x EHTBP and some other stuff i forget. I shan't be going, but someone else go get something nice.
Post removed:
by user
AlaskanAg99
AG
Any idea how the raffle works? Just a name in a hat or buy tickets? I didn't see anything on their website about it.
bigevent99
AG
boogieman said:

Any Weller 12 left in DFW?
I called 4 places yesterday afternoon in Plano and they are all out.
jsn1986
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Any idea how the raffle works? Just a name in a hat or buy tickets? I didn't see anything on their website about it.
You'd have to call and ask. They were very forthcoming with information when I called this morning. I had heard it second had so called to check.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I may swing by just to see how crazy it is. I don't really need to sample bourbon.
ftworthag02
AG
The fw hulen specs just writes your name & number on a small piece of paper and then puts it in a hat. If you win then they will ask you if you want to go back into the hat. "Hell yeah!"
Credible Source
AG
Are there any good websites I can use to find and ship bourbon? I've used master of major but the shipping is so high I don't want to rely on it. TIA
Wheatables02
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Are there any good websites I can use to find and ship bourbon? I've used master of major but the shipping is so high I don't want to rely on it. TIA
Just buy three + bottles at a time. It cuts down on the shipping cost.
TGoll09
AG
Finedrams usually has Blanton's Gold and sftb. Mine came overseas as "interior decorations"
Credible Source
AG
TGoll09 said:

Finedrams usually has Blanton's Gold and sftb. Mine came overseas as "interior decorations"

Lmao! I just bought two Blantons gold and a SFTB on master of mault, curious to see how long it takes to arrive.
TGoll09
AG
Finedrams took 8 or 9 days. I was surprised how fast it was. They even emailed me to let me know the wax was bad on one of the bottles, so they replaced it.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I'll be at the Buffalo trace thing at WB if any of you fine folks wanna hang out...
AlaskanAg99
AG
I took a pass. If I buy anymore bourbon this month my wife will kill me. Even though it's so tempting.
Credible Source
AG
TGoll09 said:

Finedrams took 8 or 9 days. I was surprised how fast it was. They even emailed me to let me know the wax was bad on one of the bottles, so they replaced it.

I got the same warning, but no replacement. They just said they are all bad but it won't affect the bourbon.
bevokilla
AG
Is Orphan Barrel Barterhouse worth $80?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
bevokilla said:

Is Orphan Barrel Barterhouse worth $80?

I'd give it a shot for that price... I've never seen it that cheap. I've also never had it so do with that what you will.
BeardofZeus01
AG
Its good. It's not $80 bourbon though. But you won't typically find it much cheaper.
Credible Source
AG
Has anyone here discovered discount wine.online? Is this site a total scam? They seem to have everything available but I can't believe it's true.
First Page Last Page
Page 246 of 1073

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.