Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,653,231 Views | 62634 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If any Houston folks head up to JK and are willing to part with a bottle of atrial I'll pay you plus finders fee (extra cash or beer) mbryan116 at yahoo. I don't have any super rare beers to trade but I do have a few things that could peak some interest, maybe we can work something there out as an alternative to cash.
CDub06
AG
Got to hit up Warpigs brewpub in Copenhagen. Besides having some pretty decent barbecue, these guys are putting out some phenomenal IPAs. Mikkeller is part owner in the place, but Mikkeller ain't never made an IPA this good. Parking Lot Zamboni was the standout of standouts.
streetfighter2012
AG
Houston Saucer is releasing Cantillon tonight at 7:00. I've never had it before, is it worth the headache of driving downtown and dealing with the neckbeards to try?
jah003
S
streetfighter2012 said:

Houston Saucer is releasing Cantillon tonight at 7:00. I've never had it before, is it worth the headache of driving downtown and dealing with the neckbeards to try?
I'm gonna go with a no... Although, they might all be at the Atrial release.
jah003
S
AgEng06
AG
Holy ****
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Welp.

At 9:30 in the morning.

Good lord.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I was debating getting one if they just still had them when we go Sunday but no chance in hell would I stand in line all damned day. What a bunch of morons.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
And I want to know how many of that 50 are mules. I'd bet it's not an insignificant number. A good number of those bottles are probably already listed for sale.
dave99ag
AG
Kuddos to anyone that does this with a magnum while at JK.

streetfighter2012
AG
I'd also be interested to know how many bottles get flipped and are sold on site for cash.
AgEng06
AG
Turns out I actually know one of the guys out there. I'd wager his intentions are to flip it.
AggieStout
AG
Geeze. Thought If I went early Saturday at around opening time I might be able to snag one. Probably be people in line like it's franklins BBQ.
62strat
AG
Picked up this little TRVE/Jester King nugget today.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Somebody already asked on twitter what time they could start lining up. I swear these people must have eaten paint chips as children.
Represent830
AG
Wonder if there's a secondary line market. I'd sell my spot in line for $500.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Think they mentioned wrist bands so my guess is they'll put them on too tight to take off.
Jock 07
AG
streetfighter2012 said:

Which one? I might head down depending on what it is, don't have much going on. On a side note, checked out 8th wonder last night, cool spot, meh beer.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I like a few of 8th Wonder's offerings. Nothing earth shattering but ok. I wish their beer lived up to their swag which is on point.
streetfighter2012
AG
Facebook says Rose de Gambrinus
Jock 07
AG
Not worth the squeeze for me personally.

A
Jock 07
AG
Quote:

For Atrial Rubicite magnums Saturday and Sunday, we ask that you please not arrive before sunrise nor camp at the brewery. We have people who live on the property, whom we'd like to be respectful of.
How pathetic
Jason_Ag98
AG
How much is JK selling the magnums for?
Represent830
AG
Jason_Ag98 said:

How much is JK selling the magnums for?

$65

What a **** show
Jock 07
AG
Upgrade is not too bad
AustinCountyAg
jah003 said:

safe to say these are neck beards who are single and still live with their parents. They also probably watch wwf wrestling still too
La Fours
AG
I'm back home beer.

jetch17
BSD
AG
Dude. Was there a state you didn't see? Cool trip!
turfman80
AG
La Fours said:

I'm back home beer.

Bottles from Decorah or it doesn't count!
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
maca1028
That was a helluva trip y'all made.
Hudson2508
AG
Dear Lord, idiots started showing up at 1 AM this morning to line up for Atrial mags. Had 50 people by 6AM. They need to start doing lotteries for stuff like this.

I should be heading out there this afternoon around 2 to get some bottles. If anyone will be out there let me know.
Jock 07
AG
I don't even understand the draw of the mags, same beer, right? Just buy a bunch of the regular size bottles.
Hudson2508
AG
It's the trade/resale value. Almost all of them will be immediately flipped.
AggieStout
AG
I'll be out there today. Just picking up the beer and splitting though. You think they will have a line today? Even though there is a huge amount available.
First Page Last Page
Page 1232 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.