Houston Open

19,333 Views | 203 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CFTXAG10
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So say your thirsty and want a water or coke and your tent is on the other side of the course. The only option is to walk back for a drink?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
The beer stations have water and soft drinks. You only have to go back to the tent for food.
Poot
I've gotta say, the course looks awesome. Quite the renovation, indeed.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I've probably played it 10 times since the redo and 200-300 times before that. Some lines are similar but the majority of the course is completely different. 13 and 15 are wicked hard greens. I looked around the leaderboard and it was comical how many pros I saw go from one side of the green to over the other side and back again when getting out of position. It's a course where you miss badly or just slightly you still might end up just as ****ty off a tight lie to a table top green running away from you.

The course is a bear when playing muni speeds. Can't imagine trying to get up and down on some of these holes when it's running 12+
Ag_07
AG
Yes for a free drink. The only place you get complimentary food and drinks is in your color coded tent.

I wish they'd have done the tents smaller and done one of each color on the front and back or put them more centrally located.
E
AG
Looking for 4 tix for saturday... anyone needing to offload theirs?
ElCheAg
AG

SOLD
E
AG
Emailed! Thank you for the help. 4 at face value would be awesome
AustinCountyAg
(excluding beer/wine)....so you get free food/drinks in your tent, but on the course you have to pay for them?
RVAg02
AG
Emailed! We are a family of three so that would be great
Ag_07
AG
Yeah check your ticket and it should have a color coded venue. It's all inclusive (food, water, and sodas) at your specific tent. Food is pretty decent with paninis, fried shrimp, chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, cheeseburgers, and salads.

Everything else while out and about on the course is cash or card.

So if your drinking beer it won't matter since you're paying for it at the beer stations everywhere but if you want free food, water, sodas then head to your tent.

Actually come to think about it I don't think they're selling any food anywhere. Think it's only in the tents.
RVAg02
AG
If anyone has three tickets for Saturday, let me know. b phillips at ydklaw dot com

Wife and son actually want to go!
CFTXAG10
AG
Wheels just fell off for Phil on 9
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Snowman
Oyster DuPree
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Snowman

Man, I've had so many even-par rounds ruined by a quintuple bogey. In my experience, you've just got to put it behind you, clear your mind, and walk to the second hole like nothing happened.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Easier said than done. But these guys are pros. Me I'd be on full tilt and follow up with a snap hook into the **** on 10
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yeah check your ticket and it should have a color coded venue. It's all inclusive (food, water, and sodas) at your specific tent. Food is pretty decent with paninis, fried shrimp, chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, cheeseburgers, and salads.

Everything else while out and about on the course is cash or card.

So if your drinking beer it won't matter since you're paying for it at the beer stations everywhere but if you want free food, water, sodas then head to your tent.

Actually come to think about it I don't think they're selling any food anywhere. Think it's only in the tents.

Some of the beer stations have free water and sodas. The beer stand near #7 green had water for sure.
K Bo
AG
slow clap
Ag81Golf
Have any of you used VIP passes yet? I have two for Sunday and would like to know if parking is included and if so where that parking area is.
C ROC N
Do not waste your time eating the chicken sandwich or burger. The Brisket Tacos are the best!!
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Golf Channel coverage is abysmal. 3 whole hours on Friday. In the morning they were showing the Aphrodite Hills Cyprus showdown, which is chock full of a bunch of no-names. I'm sorry, but I don't care about the Euro Tour, especially if you can't even get your own best players to show up for that tournament.

The course looks awesome, I'm glad some of y'all actually get to be in the gallery.
CFTXAG10
AG
Watching Phil get his 8 on 9 much earlier in the day. Tough scene....
Ag_07
AG
Any player feedback you care to share?

I struck up a convo with the Golf Foundation guy (Gil something) yesterday as I noticed he was right next to me.

Said initially player feedback has been good and they all say it's the toughest typical PGA stop they've played.

**I took that to mean minus majors and bigger tourneys like Players, Memorial, etc.
Texaggie7nine
Anyone have any interest in trading 2 saturday tix for 2 sunday tix?
7nine
CFTXAG10
AG
Ag_07 said:

Any player feedback you care to share?

I struck up a convo with the Golf Foundation guy (Gil something) yesterday as I noticed he was right next to me.

Said initially player feedback has been good and they all say it's the toughest typical PGA stop they've played.

**I took that to mean minus majors and bigger tourneys like Players, Memorial, etc.

The player feedback has generally been pretty good. Word around the tourney office this morning is that there are 3-4 holes that need some work and it became clear it wasn't a coincidence when it was the same holes again and again being mentioned by the players. I'd be lying if I told you I knew exactly which ones. Players are commenting quite a bit that they are loving having the fans back.
Gig-Em2003
AG
What an awesome tournament. Going back 2.5 years to when this was announced and most were very skeptical (myself included), it's amazing to see how far they've come.

That is a big, challenging golf course. Varied layout, tons of elevation for that flat of a property. The area around 2,3,4,5,7,8 is so cool with the exposed rivine. 16-18 are three great finishing holes. Green complexes are super impressive.

2,000 fans made for some incredible viewing. Was up close to nearly every big name throughout the day. Logistics were easy - parking, food, beer, etc.

Next year with 20,000 fans per day will be a very different feel but I'm all in on this thing.

I asked several inside the ropes guys throughout the day what they were hearing from the players. General consensus - course is very hard and they don't like it as much as GCOH. But they do love the central location and love having fans back this week.
agsalaska
AG
They like the GCOH.

I played Memorial probably 100 times from 2000-2006. Would I recognize the layout?

Really excited about this all coming to fruition. Lived Memorial Park when I was there. I always believed that inside the loop was the best inner city living in Texas. Memkrial Park was one of the reasons for that.
Shelton98
AG
Pignorant said:

Course is playing long.

At a Par 70, I don't think anyone gets to -10 this week.

I would like to acknowledge this guys post was a lot more accurate than I initially thought it was.
Gig-Em2003
AG
agsalaska said:

Would I recognize the layout?

You would recognize the corridors. But the entire front nine for the most part has been overhauled. And the rivine I mentioned just gives the course so much relief when you have the trees above. Visually I could stand on 3 tee and see nearly across the entire course. So cool. 16-17 are beautiful holes and remind me of 11&12 at GCOH.

Marauder Blue 6
AG
Shelton98 said:

Pignorant said:

Course is playing long.

At a Par 70, I don't think anyone gets to -10 this week.

I would like to acknowledge this guys post was a lot more accurate than I initially thought it was.
Plenty of time left to see -10 for the week. I thought we'd see -10 by today but I was wrong.
Post removed:
by user
jja79
AG
So the coverage was like it is for other regular tournaments? An Aggie is tearing it up this week on the European Tour.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
No.

Aphrodite Hills gets 4 and a half hours of coverage on Thursday and Friday. PGA Tour? Just 3.
EKG1996
AG
jja79 said:

So the coverage was like it is for other regular tournaments? An Aggie is tearing it up this week on the European Tour.
Unfortunately for him they reset everyone to par after the third day. But they did reduce the field to 19, so still a good shot at a victory.
jja79
AG
How is that different than most regular tournaments?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.