Houston Open

19,342 Views | 203 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CFTXAG10
JYDog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C ROC N said:

They got a sponsor due to the fact that some big names have committed!

Who'd they get?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Willy Wonka said:

C ROC N said:

They got a sponsor due to the fact that some big names have committed!

Who'd they get?
Vivint!
Aggie1391
Password for tickets is HOemail
AustinCountyAg
just got mine for Saturday's round
AustinCountyAg
I've very curious how to all inclusive food/drink is going to work. Hopefully it is fresh cooked food and not just bottled water/chips/crackers type of crap....

It looks to be a fantastic event. small crowds, and a great field
Gig-Em2003
AG
Got a pair for Friday
CFTXAG10
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I've very curious how to all inclusive food/drink is going to work. Hopefully it is fresh cooked food and not just bottled water/chips/crackers type of crap....

It looks to be a fantastic event. small crowds, and a great field
Spectrum is the concession provider and has been for several years out at the tourney. From what I understand it is going to be the usual menu you would see like burgers, dogs, fries, nachos, etc. - It is a grab and go situation, meaning you cannot linger in the tent once you get food and beverage, but it will be more than just a boxed lunch. Beer and wine will be available for purchase at different points throughout the course CC only. No cash.
E
AG
Do they have a map with the designated color areas to see which holes we wanna get by? Or does it even matter because its just an area to pick up food/drinks?
AustinCountyAg
I saw no map online and I think it doesn't matter. It states basically you get your food and keep moving. I don't think it is going to be set up with TV's and what not like days of old.
E
AG
Cool, thats what I figured.

"The color-coded venues (aka "Hospitality Tents") are solely a space for grabbing food, beverages, and snacks. It is not meant to be a gathering or congregation space, nor a space to watch tournament play."
CFTXAG10
AG
E said:

Do they have a map with the designated color areas to see which holes we wanna get by? Or does it even matter because its just an area to pick up food/drinks?
This is constantly changing. There is a "soft" layout for a lot of the builds, but the tour threw a wrench into a lot of the original plans. Hell, like I mentioned before we just found out last Wednesday/Thursday fans were even going to be allowed in.

The COVID protocols for the week are going to be interesting. Not as much for fans, but players/amateurs/volunteers etc.
AustinCountyAg
what is your connection to the tournament
E
AG
I did see one of those tents is between 1 teebox and 9 green when I played on Saturday
David_Puddy
AG
Good question.....I just picked one of the colors. I grabbed 2 for Thursday
CFTXAG10
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

what is your connection to the tournament

In order to preserve some anonymity lets just say I "volunteer" out there, but I have been involved with the tournament in some form or fashion for the last 15 years.
dubberage
If any buys tickets for Thursday, please buy an extra parking pass for me and will pay you $40. I already bought 6 tickets and won't let me buy a pass now without buying more tickets but I am at my limit with 6.
JCA1
AG
Appreciate the heads up on the password. Bought 2 for Friday. It's going to be very interesting going to a PGA event with only 2,500 fans there. Spread out over a golf course, that's basically empty. Very much looking forward to it, especially after the course kicked my butt last week.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Oh boy. Tiger considering adding Houston. This is a game changer if true.

https://golf.com/news/tiger-woods-houston-open-surprise-event-add/
JCA1
AG
And I thought it wouldn't be crowded. Now all 2000 of us will be following one dude.
Ag_07
AG
But the secondary market for this pair of Thurs tickets I have will skyrocket.
AustinCountyAg
now I'm pissed I bought Saturday tickets....we all know he will miss the cut
AustinCountyAg
just think if he does play you could prolly end up following a group of say DJ, Fowler, and Brooks and be one of 30 people because everyone else is following Tiger.
Ag_07
AG
Hell if every fan in the place followed Tiger you'd still be closer than you would ever get during a normal event.
BayAg_14
Got tickets for Thursday. Should be a good time!
C ROC N
AustinCountyAg said:

Got a couple Thursday tickets so I can watch them all and be apart of the 1st day with spectator golf. Might have to paint my face and make a sign!! TV baby!! Or Streaming online?

I Am A Critic
AustinCountyAg said:

With your luck, he'll skip Houston.
Username checks out.
C ROC N
If he plays i might have to sell the tickets to fund a mens golf trip!!
Dr.Pepper7
AG

@CFTXAG10

How are they setting up the practice facility for the tournament? Only been out to Memorial Park once since the renovation, but practice green seems extremely small. Also, what's up with the driving range? Mats and no fairway woods or drivers for a tour event??

Seems unreal that players wont be able to warmup with Drivers at a PGA TOUR Event.
E
AG
They enlarged the putting green by probably more then twice the size and it's not open to the public. They are also raising the nets so that we will soon be able to use drivers. The pros will be able to use drivers for the tourney.
CFTXAG10
AG
E said:

They enlarged the putting green by probably more then twice the size and it's not open to the public. They are also raising the nets so that we will soon be able to use drivers. The pros will be able to use drivers for the tourney.
This. They are also making the two story driving range "multi-use." Early in the week the pro am folks will use the first level for a tabled luncheon/checkin area. Tour and COVID protocols are making things interesting to say the least.
Dr.Pepper7
AG
Figured they would raise the nets...

Tiger just announced he's finishing Masters prep at home, bummer......
SweaterVest
AG
Anyone know a good way to sell or trade HO tickets? I bought six for Thursday and realized about 10 seconds after I hit confirm that I scheduled our global sales meeting for that day.

I'd sell them to someone on here for cost or consider trade my six Thursday for 4 Friday passes.
Mustang1
AG

Ag_07
AG
So Tiger said he may be in and Phil says 'Nope I'm scared of the rona'

Then this week Tiger stays home and Phil jumps back on.
AustinCountyAg
Phil said last week he would play in the tournament that didn't allow fans, however he said if both tournaments are allowing the fans he'd head to Houston. I'm excited. I love Phil.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.