The Golf Club 2019

41,553 Views | 487 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mazag08
investorAg83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any PS4 players want to try to get a group online at the same time tonight?
JarAG2007
AG
For me it would depend on time. Wife and kids on a Friday night....
mazag08
AG
Going out with the wife tonight. Apparently it's national margarita day.
investorAg83
AG
Those 2 par 3's on the back nine ate my lunch this week. That green side bunker on 14 isn't fair with these pin placements. Lol
Bunk Moreland
I hate that Hawaiian course. **** me.
jws456
AG
I'm in the Xbox group (ngYETI) - tough course this go around. Felt like I started every round 3-4 under on the front nine, and then just couldn't get under par to save my life on the back. Also didn't help I carded a first round 75 (after being 4 under through 5!!!)
NColoradoAG
jws456 said:

I'm in the Xbox group (ngYETI) - tough course this go around. Felt like I started every round 3-4 under on the front nine, and then just couldn't get under par to save my life on the back. Also didn't help I carded a first round 75 (after being 4 under through 5!!!)

Well that means I won't break 80 this weekend.
Texas_Aggie91
AG
Just joined the Xbox clubhouse. Clutch Ferrell. Have yet to play a round, hopefully it's not too bad
TXAg361
AG
Joined the PS4 society today. Let's just say I need some more practice.
schwabbin
AG
Back from vacation. Just updated the XBox season thru The Players.
mazag08
AG
Pwhat said:

Joined the PS4 society today. Let's just say I need some more practice.
You'll get the hang of it.

Until you get a feel for the game and the tempo of the shot, don't try to do anything but full swing shots. Measure the wind and elevation.. adjust your club and your loft, and swing full. Same with chips and pitches. Once you start to get a feel for it you can start messing around with half and 3/4 shots, but you should be able to hit 90% of the shots in a round with full swings.
andrago94
AG
For those of you trying to recreate real courses in TGC, you might be interested in this tool set built by a user named Chadgolf on the golfsimulatorforum.com.

It utilizes LIDAR data and Open Street Map to quickly recreate courses.

TGC Designer Tools

He did a live demo and Q&A session last week which I believe is now stored on his Twitch page see here:

Live Demo and Q&A

I haven't tried it yet, but looks doable.
mazag08
AG
andrago94 said:

For those of you trying to recreate real courses in TGC, you might be interested in this tool set built by a user named Chadgolf on the golfsimulatorforum.com.

It utilizes LIDAR data and Open Street Map to quickly recreate courses.

TGC Designer Tools

He did a live demo and Q&A session last week which I believe is now stored on his Twitch page see here:

Live Demo and Q&A

I haven't tried it yet, but looks doable.
How does that work for console players?
aggietony2010
AG
I don't think it does, but courses are cross platform. I may end up buying a PC copy solely to do this if the lidar is available for a few courses I'd want to play (the ones I played growing up in El Paso)
mazag08
AG
aggietony2010 said:

I don't think it does, but courses are cross platform. I may end up buying a PC copy solely to do this if the lidar is available for a few courses I'd want to play (the ones I played growing up in El Paso)
Alright, I have named you as our course guy.

Please do Traditions, Pebble Creek, the campus course, Lost Pines, and Bluejack.

Thanks!
bagger05
AG
And Bryan Muni?
aggietony2010
AG
mazag08 said:

aggietony2010 said:

Alright, I have named you as our course guy.

Please do Traditions, Pebble Creek, the campus course, Lost Pines, and Bluejack.

Thanks!

Don't put too much faith in me. I didn't even have time to play the last tournament.
jonj101
If we're taking orders I'd like to see Cypress Point and Mauna Kea.

My other society has Pine Valley, but I'll be adding other major venues.
ETFan
Has anyone played the VR (virtual reality) version? I have a ghetto VR setup for my computer/STEAM, a GearVR with RiftCat to make it work with Steam, but I haven't quite got it working well enough for TGC (I think I need cameras or just bite the bullet for a real, steam compatible headset.)

Anyway, I was able to mes around a little in the VR version and it looked like it could be incredible with a working solution.
Mr.Bond
AG
jonj101 said:

If we're taking orders I'd like to see Cypress Point and Mauna Kea.

My other society has Pine Valley, but I'll be adding other major venues.

Yes!!!
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

andrago94
AG
I have the VR version on an HTC Vive. It is pretty cool. It's just a bit weird swinging with just the controller. Would like to have something with some weight to it. I had to disassemble my VR room to do a house remodel, so haven't played it in 9 months. I think you are able to play all courses now, but last time I played there were only a few that worked in VR.
ETFan
andrago94 said:

I have the VR version on an HTC Vive. It is pretty cool. It's just a bit weird swinging with just the controller. Would like to have something with some weight to it. I had to disassemble my VR room to do a house remodel, so haven't played it in 9 months. I think you are able to play all courses now, but last time I played there were only a few that worked in VR.
Yeah, I was considering (if I ever got my setup working) of connecting the controller to a weighted section of golf shaft somehow.
mazag08
AG
Just published my course. Got tired of trying to make it look good and decided to just push it through. It's called Rustic Hills if anyone wants to give it a go. Good freaking luck.
aggietony2010
AG
So I just spent $50 and 2 hours fooling around with the lidar plugin and the PC version. I've now got a dead ringer of painted dunes North course hole 2 in El Paso. I'm talking looking at putts and feeling like I've stood over them before.

The lidar import is a game changer. I'm not saying that I'm gonna churn out requests, but I think I could add Traditions and the campus course if the data is there.
mazag08
AG
aggietony2010 said:

So I just spent $50 and 2 hours fooling around with the lidar plugin and the PC version. I've now got a dead ringer of painted dunes North course hole 2 in El Paso. I'm talking looking at putts and feeling like I've stood over them before.

The lidar import is a game changer. I'm not saying that I'm gonna churn out requests, but I think I could add Traditions and the campus course if the data is there.

It's been half a day. You could have made them already.

Less posting and more course creating. Stop being lazy and get to it.
sundaytiger13
AG
Got the game on Saturday after reading this thread and joined the XBox league.

Love the challenge of this game compared to the TW franchise.
mazag08
AG
We should do a crossover tournament. We pick a week sometime in the summer and no matter the platform everybody plays the same four-day tournament on the same course with the same basic conditions using pro clubs. We can track the results on here. If everyone is in agreement we could even possibly do a real money buy in.
sundaytiger13
AG
Don't know if I'm ready to bet on my ability to play this game after seeing everyone else's scores. Real golf on the other hand...
Bunk Moreland
just hop in. I have completely **** the bed in some and tied for first on another.

As mentioned earlier in the thread...frame of mind is so important when playing. Funny how that translates from real golf too. This game is good.
jonj101
Yea a bunch of us have posted blow up scores in the Tex Ags society and our PGA Tour career mode. Just play until you get used to it.

My second society is fittingly named for my play - Hack Lives Matter.
jws456
AG
Love my consistency in this game. In the Xbox tourney... round 1 (-1) round 2 (-12)
aggietony2010
AG
So the data is available for traditions and the campus course. I already have a test hole on each.

My home course is first on the list though. Mostly because there are very few trees that need adding. I've already got 9 holes done there.
JarAG2007
AG
So from everything I have read online course are able to be played across platforms....so all you boys getting the lidar and making legit local courses let us know when they are complete and the names.

We can make some tournaments from the local courses. This could get fun and interesting!
investorAg83
AG
JarAG2007 said:

So from everything I have read online course are able to be played across platforms....so all you boys getting the lidar and making legit local courses let us know when they are complete and the names.

We can make some tournaments from the local courses. This could get fun and interesting!

This is correct. Majority of the good course designs are by PC players.
Mr.Bond
AG
I tried doing CCC and threw in the towel after 5 minutes
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.