The Golf Club 2019

41,709 Views | 487 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mazag08
investorAg83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah it's the course...it just doesn't have the stands or the drunk college kids.
Mr.Bond
AG
I shot 66/72 and finished +7
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

mazag08
AG
Not a fan at all of the handicap. Players who haven't played much get a huge boost for making pars and bogeys while I'm sitting here -4 after 12 and showing a +1.

Edit: Through 17.. just had 3 birdies in a row and didn't gain a stroke.
Mr.Bond
AG
Agreed. Handicap got to go
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

investorAg83
AG
I've played a good amt after posting the +15 or whatever it was in the first tourney but I like the cap system. I played about normal for how I've been playing and finished this one about 3 under I think (worked my cap to scratch).

Considering some finished the first tourney at 14 under or whatever it was, the field being closer together is pretty interesting.
mazag08
AG
investorAg83 said:

I've played a good amt after posting the +15 or whatever it was in the first tourney but I like the cap system. I played about normal for how I've been playing and finished this one about 3 under I think (worked my cap to scratch).

Considering some finished the first tourney at 14 under or whatever it was, the field being closer together is pretty interesting.

For me to tie you, I would have needed to actually been about 10 or 11 under. I've only posted a round like that one time. I'm usually between 1 and 4 under.
investorAg83
AG
mazag08 said:

investorAg83 said:

For me to tie you, I would have needed to actually been about 10 or 11 under. I've only posted a round like that one time. I'm usually between 1 and 4 under.

I'm usually 1 to 4 under now too. That's weird.
JarAG2007
AG
I think I shot like a 64/66 or something and finished +12. That's is crazy. I too cannot shoot -8 or -10 in every round to makeup for the handicap scoring.

After playing this tournament I agree that 2 rounds are not enough. I have increased the rest to 4 rounds and removed most of the handicap scoring.

I added tournaments all the way to the Masters. In there I made mostly regular tournaments, a championship tournament, and a Major. What this means is the purse might be higher for non-regular, you earn more points for placing, and for the Major i said you have to finish in the Top 25 in a previous event (so with our group size as long as you finish at least one event prior to the Masters your in).

If you guys like this setup let me know. I added Mr. Bond to admin so he can make changes and add tournaments as well. Thanks!
Mr.Bond
schwabbin
AG
I'd like to join. What's the society name?
SquirrellyDan
AG
I also don't like the handicap scoring. I played pretty well this last tournament but I feel like it's diminished after reading about bogies costing others three strokes.

I'd rather have the incentive to get better at the game by playing on a level field.
investorAg83
AG
schwabbin said:

I'd like to join. What's the society name?
I just searched for Texags.
B$Weigem
AG
Is there a TexAgs society for XboxOne already? TIA
schwabbin
AG
I just created a society on XBox One. Search 'TexAgs'
jonj101
Finished the WM event. Still struggling with putting but starting to improve a little bit.

Also, there are a few Augusta National courses on there. The one I played was labeled something like Augusta National '18 pins. It was a good layout and played pretty authentic I thought.
investorAg83
AG
Yeah...easiest way to find good courses are to filter out the handicap rated courses (meaning they've been played enough to count towards HC). Keeps you from playing trash someone put together.

On a similar note, I made it about 5 minutes into course design before I said eff it. I don't have the patience for that; God bless those that do.
Mr.Bond
AG
investorAg83 said:

On a similar note, I made it about 5 minutes into course design before I said eff it. I don't have the patience for that; God bless those that do.

Me exactly

SquirrellyDan
AG
bmcghee03 said:

I have played this game since the first version came out a few years ago. The second version is a little bit worse on short game than the first but overall it's an awesome game that much more closely resembles the challenges/frustrations of real golf haha.

If any of you actually want to really get into it check out https://www.tgctours.com/

They have a very legit tour set up. You go through Q School and depending on how well you do you get placed into the tiered Challenge Tours (A being the highest) and then move up into the Web.Com. If any of you maniacs can get past that you can choose the Euro Tour or PGA tour and actually accrue points to play in the Ryder Cup. (I am a +10.8 handicap in the game and never made it past Challenge Tour B when I was playing a lot).

EDIT: I am a fan of the online concept they put in but as it stands right now it's unplayable if you want to play on the hardest settings-you'll get matched up with people playing the easiest swing settings playing from 70 yards closer on the tee and lose all the time-getting punished for being a good player on the hardest difficulty)
I tried the Q School tourney last night...I had a great round going until I hit one in the water, dropped, hit another in the water, cursed, 3 putted, threw the controller, then spent 10 minutes trying to explain to my wife what I was doing before I just turned the damned thing off.
Mr.Bond
AG
Lmao. Dude I swear exact same thing happened to me. Online is tough, so many good players. I restarted my offline career and did it as very hard with Master clubs It's a Grind to say the least

investorAg83
AG
The tourney after the WM open on the tour mode (GREAT job on the stadium hole, btw...why can't we add the crowd to our online league rounds?!) is on a course that is INSANELY difficult. That or I just had a few bad rounds. The greens were domed so much that if your approach shots were off even a little bit, forget about putting.

Need to work that one into the league.
The Milkman
AG
I have to lose 6 more pounds then I can buy it. I got a playstation last weekend as a birthday gift to myself with a couple games. Said I'd get another one when I hit a weight loss goal. I'll be joining the group soon!
Mr.Bond
AG
The Milkman said:

I have to lose 6 more pounds then I can buy it. I got a playstation last weekend as a birthday gift to myself with a couple games. Said I'd get another one when I hit a weight loss goal. I'll be joining the group soon!

Take a big dump and mission accomplished

jonj101
The Milkman said:

Ever try keto?

I'm down 14 on the year. You'll be playing in no time.
bmcghee03
AG
Joined the xbox society last night and played the WMO at -12 (-5 and -7). That wind in the first round was brutal...

I played the first game on Master Clubs the whole time and it was great, I'm not a fan of them in the new game. It seems to be very inconsistent and nearly impossible to groove unlike the first game. I'm on Pro in the new game and it's a trade off worth making imo...
The Milkman
AG
jonj101 said:

The Milkman said:

Ever try keto?

I'm down 14 on the year. You'll be playing in no time.
On it haha. Lost 14 so far this year as well. 20 lbs is the next milestone.

An ice cold Mick Ultra cheers to us
investorAg83
AG
Anyone gonna be on tonight?
Roger Goodell
investorAg83 said:

Anyone gonna be on tonight?

PlayStation or Xbox?
investorAg83
AG
PS4
aggietony2010
AG
Likely at some point. I've got to play my tournament rounds.
Mr.Bond
AG
I'll likely be on around 9

aggietony2010
AG
Round 2 hole 17...had my first 100+ foot putt...and blew it through the green and bogied after driving the green.
mazag08
AG
Ya, I pretty much chip or flop any putt over 35 feet.
aggietony2010
AG
I've got a good tempo down for 30-70. I do a fast count. Count to 3 for 30 ft, 4 for 40, etc.

Just didn't work for 108.
Sugar_Land_Wes
AG
Just joined the PS4 Texags society. nbraska2009 I think is the name. Just started this game - sounds like I need to figure out what master clubs are...any help?
aggietony2010
AG
If you go to edit your golfer, you can select 3 types of club. Master clubs are the least forgiving, but they're longer (and I think more workable and possibly better at stopping on greens). You get much less room for error (both being off centerline and off tempo), but so far I've found them worth it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.