The Golf Club 2019

41,548 Views | 487 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mazag08
investorAg83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Posted on the game...started 4 under thru 5. Thought it was going to be a special round.

Finished even (I think). Wheels came off on a few holes.
B$Weigem
AG
For me, I mess up on my approach shot on Par 5's using the master clubs. I can hit a perfect temp on the drive and be a 3-wood/ hybrid distance out and completely shank it b/c of the tempo.... It infuriates me.
mazag08
AG
I tried Master's Clubs.. but they are just way too unforgiving. I had a perfect tempo shot where i slightly tailed off center at the very end and it shot off way left into the water. Almost lost a controller. Back to pro clubs for me.

Not to mention.. it's nearly impossible to have perfect tempo on chips and flops.
investorAg83
AG
mazag08 said:

I tried Master's Clubs.. but they are just way too unforgiving. I had a perfect tempo shot where i slightly tailed off center at the very end and it shot off way left into the water. Almost lost a controller. Back to pro clubs for me.

Not to mention.. it's nearly impossible to have perfect tempo on chips and flops.

Yeah but that extra distance though.
B$Weigem
AG
The tempo on chipping is asinine!!!!
Bunk Moreland
been playing with masters clubs the last few days. Won a single round tourney but overall agree it's way too inconsistent. I don't think it fully reads the joystick sometimes as it is, so it's hard to keep using it. Going down again and giving up the distance.
PJYoung
AG
mazag08 said:

Yeah I just switched back to pro as well. Gonna be a few weeks before I can get to master.
investorAg83
AG
PJYoung said:

mazag08 said:

Yeah I just switched back to pro as well. Gonna be a few weeks before I can get to master.

Going from playing with masters clubs back to pro helped me get better with the pro. That said:

First 2 rounds with masters: -2
Last 2 with pro: -14

I'm sticking with pro.
JarAG2007
AG
I did the same thing and went from masters back to pro and it made a huge difference. I did lose distance and some stopping power, but accuracy went way up.

Played first round of tournament yesterday afternoon and actually made some putts. Hope i can keep the pace up.
B$Weigem
AG
What's crazy for me is that I'm actually a good putter on the Master clubs.. it's the approach shot / chipping that screws me!
investorAg83
AG
1bite_Frankie said:

What's crazy for me is that I'm actually a good putter on the Master clubs.. it's the approach shot / chipping that screws me!

I think the putter is pretty much the same. I notice it too.
B$Weigem
AG
The chipping tempo is ridiculous.
aggietony2010
AG
The chipping/flop tempo is brutal. And eerily similar to real golf. You're thinking of finessing the shot, so you get a little slow on the way down, and just watch the ball go short and right.

Anything not 100% around the greens is so tough. At least with a full swing, you can loft up/down to dial in the distance.
B$Weigem
AG
Exactly!!! I almost always try to do a full swing with loft rather than use the punch or pitch option.
investorAg83
AG
So much of the game is figuring how the ball reacts when you adjust each club. I.e. delofting a flop shot to see it go FLYING past the hole when you're hitting out of 80% rough.
JarAG2007
AG
All these reasons are why i like this game over Tiger Woods golf. I like the challenges each course has and having to dictate shot shapes, high or low for more or less spin, with chipping and putting being most difficult like in real life.

Glad we have the challenge and started this league. Makes me keep turning the game on, cussing, and drinking more beer! CHEERS!
investorAg83
AG
Absolutely. When someone turns in a solid round, you know it's earned.
B$Weigem
AG
Completely Agree. I like that I'm not shooting -50 in tournaments. Although there are some Societies I'm in where the leaders do...
mazag08
AG
Haven't been on in 2 days and won't be able to tonight. has anyone else finished this week's tourney and know the current standings. I feel like I did pretty well but fully expect a couple of yall to beast mode me into 3rd place.
aggietony2010
AG
Only through one round. I do know that Jar shot a 60 in round 1. After feeling cocky about master clubs, I finally had tempo issues and struggled my way to an even par first round. Hoping to play the other 3 tonight.
Mr.Bond
AG
First round master clubs +2
Second round pro clubs - 7
Third round pro clubs - 8

**** I'd be right in the thick of this tournament if I started with pro clubs

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr.Bond
AG
Nevermind I ****ing suck. Putter went ICE COLD
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

investorAg83
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Nevermind I ****ing suck. Putter went ICE COLD

Haha...I love that this game can elicit these reactions.
mazag08
AG
Can we all just agree to pro clubs in our society?
aggietony2010
AG
I ****ing hate this golf course. All the greens need are a clown and a windmill.
jonj101
First two rounds I foolishly play when I'm exhausted.

Second two rounds I shoot one under and two over, for a four day score of 22 over at Riviera.

So far I've made my home at the bottom of the Texags leaderboard.
Producers_96
AG
Am I the only one annoyed that their cyber self is a jerk who doesn't fix ball marks? Anyone?

(I'm Tomservaux96 on the Xbox group, BTW)
Bunk Moreland
Yes I think the same.

Im GrooGruxKing21. Just joined Xbox group.

Riviera greens bent me over. Wtf.
jckrjr7
AG
After playing the course a few times and watching a few hours of coverage yesterday I don't get the Riviera praise. Seems like if this course were in Pittsburg instead of LA you'd never hear about it.
aggietony2010
AG
But but it has a green with a bunker in the middle of it!
AggieEyes
AG
Ok should I get this game or what?
bagger05
AG
Do they have kikuya in Pittsburgh?
mazag08
AG
AggieEyes said:

Ok should I get this game or what?

Yes. I've played a lot of golf games (including Jack Nicklaus golf in 95 and Great Golf which was a sega master system game in the 80's) and this is easily the best and most realistic.
Bunk Moreland
I could never beat Gunther on Links MS-DOS as a kid.
Mr.Bond
AG
Where are we at next week?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.