The Golf Club 2019

41,497 Views | 487 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mazag08
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I searched both here and The Nerdery board and didnt see a thread. Does anyone have this game? I just bought it on PS4. Not a bad game.. definitely better than the EA Rory game. The course designed is worth buying the game for.
PJYoung
AG
I've played on wgt.com since 2008 but I'm gonna pick up this one on pc and see how it looks.
Tom Hagen
AG
PJYoung said:

I've played on wgt.com since 2008 but I'm gonna pick up this one on pc and see how it looks.
Do they have it on PC? I haven't found a good PC game since LInks.
JarAG2007
AG
I bought it on PS4 last month also because it was on sale and it is the best version so far. I am working on building the course i grew up on, which was a small 9 hole course.

We need to get a TexAgs or Texas A&M club together so we can all play online. The club thing is cool because you just play at your own pace and set up your own schedules, but it keeps track of everyone who played. I also like how you can't purchase golf clubs that are outrageous like in the old Tiger Woods games.

Best part about this game is that people build replicas of the best course in the world and you can play them at no extra costs or anything.

My screen name on PS4 is the same as my TexAgs if you want to play, start a club, or something. Thanks.
jonj101
I've never played it but I'd be willing to check it out. Haven't gamed online since NCAA Football
Mr.Bond
AG
I bought it. Graphics are great, swing with analog stick can be very difficult at times and the short game for me is extremely difficult. Course design is incredibly complex as well. I wanted to make CCC but I bet it would take me 10+ hours
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

mazag08
AG
Yeah it's not the easiest game, but thats why I like it. The old Tiger Woods games would get to a point where you had to play in 20+ MPH wind to not shoot 16 under.
PJYoung
AG
Tom Hagen said:

PJYoung said:

Do they have it on PC? I haven't found a good PC game since LInks.

Yes on Steam. They have several PGA licensed courses.

WGT has like 8 or 9 but I believe this one has at least double that.
bagger05
AG
Dude I bet I could spend HOURS messing with the course designer. I kinda want to buy it just for that purpose. Probably better for my productivity if I don't.
JarAG2007
AG
Does anyone know if thier online play is for all systems or if they are separated by platform (PS4, PC, etc.) If not i bet we could get a CC together and have quite a few Ags get in and play.

I would be willing to take some time to set up if we had interest. My idea would be mimic all the big pga events and majors for a season, and use the appropriate courses for those events.

Let me know thoughts or interest.
Mr.Bond
AG
I believe it's usually always separated by console but I could be wrong

I'm ps4 I'd be in
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

jonj101
I'm a PS4 guy as well.
Pahdz
I'm PS4 and would get this game if a league formed
WhoopN06
I play on PC. I think on 2019 only the courses are shared... Not gameplay
JarAG2007
AG
Alright i did a quick setup last night. If you search under societies for TexAgs it should show up. I tried to make our colors Aggie colors and once our group earns money we can upgrade logos and clubhouses.

It is open to the Public right now so any Aggie can join. I have only added 1 event, this weekends Farmers Open. I even made it at Torrey Pines (South). I only set the rounds for 2 round and it is open thursday-sunday. We can see how this format works.

After we get our feet under us we can schedule events that use handicaps, the majors, and even have championships. Hopefully this will be fun. If anyone else wants admin privileges i can give those out as well for our group.

I did this on PS4, so i am not sure if it will show up for other users or not. If anyone has any questions or thoughts let me know. Thanks.
mazag08
AG
Awesome. Is there a group difficulty setting or does every player play with their own settings?

Because I started the PGA career last night on hard.. and there are some greens that are literally impossible to land safely on.. and some where no strength of putt can get you over a ridge (leading to 3-4 putts). First game that has made me almost throw controller in a long time.
aggietony2010
AG
In on PS4.
JarAG2007
AG
I set everything to normal default settings. I didn't increase green speeds, wind conditions, or anything like that. The only thing I stipulated was 2 rounds versus 4, the time the tournament is open, and pin placements (2 and 4). Other than that everyone will play the same settings, conditions, and tees.

I am open for recommendations if changes should be made after this week though. Also the Waste Management Stadium course is on here so that will be added for next week (I will make the whole week eligible for that tournament) and should be fun.

Just let me know thoughts as we move forward. If we have a wide group of handicaps we could play some handicap tournaments in the season as well.
Mr.Bond
AG
I added you yesterday. I'm TxAggie007 I think

jonj101
I'm heading to gamestop to pick it up tonight. I'll post when I join.
aggietony2010
AG
I'm gonna have to beat my Tiger Woods putting habits out of me. Last time I played that game, you set the putt distance and did a full analog stick swing. I've been a couple 4 footers wayyyy past as a result.

Also, anyway to get a non frat-boy caddy? He just told me my drive was "dece"
Mr.Bond
AG
Requested membership

WhoopN06
So it's cross platform?
Mr.Bond
AG
I have no idea I'm PS4

JarAG2007
AG
I am not sure either. It says the courses are cross platform, but not sure about the society clubs or playing online. If you have it on another platform maybe search for our club and see....?
JarAG2007
AG
Just realized the club was set to private. I reset to public and approved those who already requested membership. Let me know if it worked and if everything looks right. Thanks.
mazag08
AG
I'm officially in. My SN is Flower-Arranger
mazag08
AG
aggietony2010 said:

I'm gonna have to beat my Tiger Woods putting habits out of me. Last time I played that game, you set the putt distance and did a full analog stick swing. I've been a couple 4 footers wayyyy past as a result.

Also, anyway to get a non frat-boy caddy? He just told me my drive was "dece"

I would have been 4 Under in Q School.. instead I 4 putted three holes in a row because of this and finished +5
jonj101
First time playing a game like this. First round was 88, by the time I got to my 5th round for handicap, I was shooting even.

If only my real golf game would drop so fast.
aggietony2010
AG
What clubs are y'all using? Any reason not to just bite the bullet and play with the master clubs?
mazag08
AG
aggietony2010 said:

What clubs are y'all using? Any reason not to just bite the bullet and play with the master clubs?

I play with pro. I've read reviews the say the master clubs are tough.

This game is so hard. A course with firm and fast greens is very tough to shoot even par on.
Mr.Bond
AG
I play pro

aggietony2010
AG
Played my Q-school and a couple other rounds with the master clubs. I think they might have a bit more stopping power. I found the greens (TPC Scottsdale) quick but somewhat manageable.

Masters clubs punish bad tempo for sure. But I found a groove the last 4 holes to go eagle-birdie-par-birdie and get back to +2.

I think I'm gonna stick with the master clubs.
mazag08
AG
I played a 2 round tourney and finished each round -1 and -5. The next tourney had firmer greens and was a longer course... -1 and +4

I love this game.
Mr.Bond
AG
I've had this game for 3 months and just now found the search Golf Course function. It is badass whoever made the golf club of Houston absolutely nailed it and I just found Agusta on there too. this is going to be really fun deal if we make a full season out of it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.