The Golf Club 2019

41,552 Views | 487 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mazag08
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bum
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr.Bond
AG
But seriously
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

investorAg83
AG
No clue.

Switched to masters clubs to make it more difficult and had an ok round going until 18. Think I tripled or quadrupled it...couldn't escape the bunker to save my life.
Mr.Bond
AG
This is ****ing gay that I can't play

JarAG2007
AG
If I remember right back when we were talking about setups for tourn, this is a major. You needed to play in previous events and place. Not sure the exact requirements because it was set months ago. Sorry...

I have given many people admin rights on PS4 to change tournaments or add. So please add or make tournaments that you would like. Thanks.
jonj101
I can't play either
mazag08
AG
The pin placements on round 3 are insane.
Mr.Bond
AG
mazag08 said:

I wouldn't know

jonj101
Mr.Bond said:

mazag08 said:

I wouldn't know

Same here
Mr.Bond
AG
I played a round with flower arranger as a ghost..... You're the sickest putter I've ever seen on here

investorAg83
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I played a round with flower arranger as a ghost..... You're the sickest putter I've ever seen on here

My putting is a strong part of my game but this course is ridiculous. When I hit a 30 ft putt that comes to rest right next to the hole (judged perfectly but off line) and it then proceeds to roll back 40+ ft from the hole, something is wrong. Especially if it isn't a known Mickey Mouse course.

As a side note, I'm currently leading the tgctour field after 2 rounds. Had a rough 3rd but a strong 4th so we'll see where I end up. Best few rounds I've ever had.
investorAg83
AG
And yes...flowerarranger's putting is strong. That's the key to low scores (just like real life, lol).
mazag08
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Thank you sir. But I do have my blowup holes, and they often start with me severely misjudging downhill putts.
mazag08
AG
So it wouldn't let me play the final round of the last tournament. Yet it said it ended in 10 hours when I tried. Weird.
Mr.Bond
AG
Same here. Weird

PJYoung
AG
So in last week's TGC tournament I had a 75 followed by a 63.

This week I had a 60 in round 2 followed by a 74. Same course and even lighter winds in that 3rd round. So frustrating!!!! It's amazing how much momentum affects you in this game and somewhat mimics real life golf frustration.
investorAg83
AG
PJYoung said:

This week I had a 60 in round 2 followed by a 74. Same course and even lighter winds in that 3rd round. So frustrating!!!! It's amazing how much momentum affects you in this game and somewhat mimics real life golf frustration.

Yup...goes to show how much of this game really is mental.

Just moved from CC-E to CC-D this week.
PJYoung
AG
investorAg83 said:

PJYoung said:

I'll be waiting for you in CC-C. Hopefully.

Moved up 158 spots in the OWGR last week! Still outside the top 2500.
investorAg83
AG
PJYoung said:

investorAg83 said:

PJYoung said:

I'll be waiting for you in CC-C. Hopefully.

Moved up 158 spots in the OWGR last week! Still outside the top 2500.

I'm 1601 right now.
La Fours
AG
For Xbox One people, The Golf Club 2019 is free for Xbox live gold members right now.
jws456
AG
Great! More people need to pick it up... I need some competition in the Xbox TexAgs Society
schwabbin
AG
How does that work? Free to download or just free to play for limited time?
La Fours
AG
Free to download. And it's yours to keep and play forever.
La Fours
AG
FYI, I just looked again at the email, and the game will be free from 5/16-6/15.
Bunk Moreland
Lucky yall. I paid 50 for it.
Bunk Moreland
**** that 12th hole in round 2 on Xbox.
jws456
AG
I just went through it too. Reached max score. That's the problem with playing these non official janky courses, unfortunately
Producers_96
AG
Hit the pin 4 times, only to have it roll back off the green each time.
schwabbin
AG
This Bethpage course is one of the best designed courses on this game. Very tough distances. (Xbox group)
Bunk Moreland
Bethpage was fun.

Decided to go up to masters clubs for the early week tourney. I'm shocked at how much better I've gotten but the clubs are still hard as can be to play consistently with.
PJYoung
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Bethpage was fun.

Decided to go up to masters clubs for the early week tourney. I'm shocked at how much better I've gotten but the clubs are still hard as can be to play consistently with.

I think it's usual to play with pro and get pretty good and then jump up to masters for a week or two and then go back to pro for a while before making the jump to masters permanent.

I've noticed online (https://www.tgctours.com/) that 80% of the upper tier in our 'C' league plays with pro which is a problem for them if they want to eventually play in the top 3 leagues because only masters clubs are allowed there.
PJYoung
AG
I've also noticed that if I don't play at least 18 holes everyday I lose my edge.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Just got the game last night and stayed up way too late playing it.

Joined the Xbox Texags society, but I doubt I'll compete for a while. Best round I shot was a 76 on Pebble. I can't get the putting down. I think I had 3 or more 4 putts. Seems like some times they go the right distance and sometimes it blows past by 20 feet.

Anyways, crazy fun game.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Joined the Xbox Texags society, but I doubt I'll compete for a while. Best round I shot was a 76 on Pebble. I can't get the putting down. I think I had 3 or more 4 putts. Seems like some times they go the right distance and sometimes it blows past by 20 feet.

Anyways, crazy fun game.
Putting is tricky at first, but becomes muscle memory after a while. What's an absolute b/tch, even after four months having the game, is pitching/chipping. Short chips are WAY too hard.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Anyways, crazy fun game.
Putting is tricky at first, but becomes muscle memory after a while. What's an absolute b/tch, even after four months having the game, is pitching/chipping. Short chips are WAY too hard.
No ***** I can't get a read on the tempo needed for any shot below 100%.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.