***** The Masters *****

65,263 Views | 1069 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by David_Puddy
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HAPPY MASTERS WEEK!!!!!

Early weather forecast calls for rain on Wednesday afternoon for the Par 3, breezy on Thursday and Friday, perfect weather on Saturday and Sunday.

Everyone lucky enough to get to go, soak it all in. It's an incredible place.
bagger05
AG
And who does everyone like?

Spieth hasn't been playing GREAT but he plays well at Augusta.

Hard to bet against DJ if you've gotta pick one guy. Top ten the last two years and playing some unbelievable golf.
Mr.Bond
AG
Augusta is the one major every year you don't have to be a bomber to win, you could actually argue for the most part being a bomber isn't really advantageous. Which is why I like it so much
LHIOB
AG
In Sept I got Day at 8-1, DJ at 10-1, Rose at 20-1 and Oosty at 40-1.
Quinn
AG
bagger05 said:

And who does everyone like?

Spieth hasn't been playing GREAT but he plays well at Augusta.

Hard to bet against DJ if you've gotta pick one guy. Top ten the last two years and playing some unbelievable golf.
Kind of a no duh statement, but it's really hard to pick anyone besides DJ or Spieth. Tons of big names are playing well this year, though, so it should be an awesome tournament.
I Am A Critic
Mr.Bond said:

Augusta is the one major every year you don't have to be a bomber to win, you could actually argue for the most part being a bomber isn't really advantageous. Which is why I like it so much.
Bombers have a distinct advantage at Augusta by having shorter irons to hit into the greens. Anyone else would have to be a light's out putter or shotmaker to even contend.
Mr.Bond
AG
My point is that Augusta is more of a shot makers course. Zach Johnson laid up into every par 5 and won. You cant do that at a US Open course on most years. It's a course that lets a non bomber with a great short game have a real opportunity
bagger05
AG
Quote:

Kind of a no duh statement, but it's really hard to pick anyone besides DJ or Spieth. Tons of big names are playing well this year, though, so it should be an awesome tournament.
I'm also going to keep an eye on Jason Day. He's the #3 player in the world so not like it would be a surprise, but I could see him getting on a hot streak and winning one for his mom.

Matsuyama is a high ranked guy that hasn't won a major yet that could come through. Top ten the last two years and possibly the best iron player on tour. Everyone says Augusta is a second-shot golf course, right?

I'm just hoping for an exciting tournament. We're due. The last three years haven't been very intriguing in my opinion. Last year was decent, but watching Spieth melt down wasn't very fun and Willett kinda came out of nowhere so he wasn't even really part of the storyline most of the week.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Masters week.
Ag_07
AG
Weather could make it interesting this year

Rain Mon-Wed
20+ mph winds Thurs-Fri
Sunny and clear for the weekend
FTAco07
AG
I'm lucky enough to be going on Wednesday, but it looks like there's darn near 100% chance of rain. Do they still play the Par 3 tournament in the rain as long as it isn't lighting? Do the players still play a practice round in the rain or are they likely to play on Tuesday when it isn't raining and take Wednesday off? I'm really bummed about the weather for my first Masters trip.
AustinCountyAg
good read here about contenders and pretenders http://www.golfdigest.com/story/who-can-and-who-cant-win-the-masters-and-why
Lonestarandi
AG
This would be a great question for Booradley. But I would assume they'd follow most conditions of play rules, as long as no lightning/thunder. Play resumes 30-45 minutes after last thunderclap heard.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I'm excited to see how Rahm and Hadwin do.
bagger05
AG
Ag_07 said:

Weather could make it interesting this year

Rain Mon-Wed
20+ mph winds Thurs-Fri
Sunny and clear for the weekend
I hope we don't run into a situation where half the field gets screwed while the other half gets prime conditions. I know it's golf and that just happens sometimes, but hopefully everyone will get their fair share of good and tough conditions.
Mr.Bond
AG
First timers historically havent panned out well, I wouldnt expect much from Rahm
LHIOB
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

good read here about contenders and pretenders http://www.golfdigest.com/story/who-can-and-who-cant-win-the-masters-and-why
Fun read. Thanks!
BigHitterDaLama
Matsuyama is going to win it.
Mr.Bond
AG
BigHitterDaLama said:

I swear to god if he drops his club after hitting a shot down the middle of the fairway again.....Im driving to Augusta and beating his ass down
Aggie1391
If the course it wet, I would definitely put some money down on Rory
98Ag99Grad
AG
Until shown otherwise I'm going DJ vs Speith. I think the year Speith won he also missed the cut at the SHO like this past week; DJ is just on another level at the moment. Should be exciting, as always. What's the weather supposed to do?
BigHitterDaLama
Mr.Bond said:

BigHitterDaLama said:

I swear to god if he drops his club after hitting a shot down the middle of the fairway again.....Im driving to Augusta and beating his ass down
It will happen
bagger05
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Fun read.
BESCo91
AG
Home: http://www.masters.com/en_US/index.html

Watch Live: http://www.masters.com/en_US/watch/index.html
bagger05
AG
On the Range comes on in about five minutes.
Icecream_Ag
S
Mr.Bond said:

BigHitterDaLama said:

was it him that hit a ball 12 feet left of the hole and slammed his club and went on a Tiger-rant? may have been at the SHO or the week before in Austin.
Gigem314
AG
Can't wait.
David_Puddy
AG
bagger05 said:

Quote:

I'm also going to keep an eye on Jason Day. He's the #3 player in the world so not like it would be a surprise, but I could see him getting on a hot streak and winning one for his mom.

Matsuyama is a high ranked guy that hasn't won a major yet that could come through. Top ten the last two years and possibly the best iron player on tour. Everyone says Augusta is a second-shot golf course, right?

I'm just hoping for an exciting tournament. We're due. The last three years haven't been very intriguing in my opinion. Last year was decent, but watching Spieth melt down wasn't very fun and Willett kinda came out of nowhere so he wasn't even really part of the storyline most of the week.

Speak for yourself. Not everyone likes that overly whiney, I'm going to blame a bad shot on everyone but myself, t-sip.
jonj101
Sitting in the parking lot waiting to exit, and traffic is not moving. The heavy rain came through, play has been suspended, and the course has been closed.

Its pretty disappointing, but I did get around 4 hours out there and snapped around 500 pics. I'll post some in another thread when I can get everything uploaded if anyone cares to see them.
Ag83
AG
Quote:

...watching Spieth melt down wasn't very fun

I love watching sips melt down...maybe that's just me though.
Lonestarandi
AG
Any time is better than none for sure. Post those pics! I'm anxious to see how weather shapes up the rest of the week too.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Looks like rain today, good tomorrow, rain wednesday, then good for the tournament. Little cooler TH/Fr and really nice for the weekend.
White Liberals=The Worst
David_Puddy said:

bagger05 said:

Speak for yourself. Not everyone likes that overly whiney, I'm going to blame a bad shot on everyone but myself, t-sip.

THIS. I pull for the kid a lot of the time, because he seems like a genuinely good dude, but I cannot stand his whiny attitude and how he like's to place blame on others. Just call yourself a "f@gg*t" when you hit a bad shot like I do and be done with it. I'd have so much more respect for him if he said "Dammit Jordan, you f@gg*t!" when he pushed an approach shot right of the green or left a putt short.
White Liberals=The Worst
I'm going with a dark horse pick this year...have a feeling Jim Furyk does really well.

One of my favs and he's due.
Ag_07
AG
Wet course = Shorter players benefit

Look out for the Zach Johnsons, Jim Furyks, and Fred Couples of the field.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.