Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Tenbaggers

24,234 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by texagbeliever
Ulrich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KorbinDallas said:

Ulrich said:

How much is a beater economy car worth? That was my net worth in 2010.

At least you were in the green.. I was in the red at that point.

I walked the stage that year owing 300 dollars on my credit card, nothing in my wallet, and eleven dollars in the bank. It's not great when filling the gas tank makes your net cash balance swing wildly. Fortunately I had a job lined up to start immediately!

Here's to a 16x decade!
Dr. Doctor
AG
I bought tires for my car once and it doubled the value.

I know the feeling!
62strat
AG
Yeh not many years before 2010 we were in the red. Not that we had no savings, but wife paid her way through grad school so she had some loans about $40k worth. We got in the green at about 2008 at age 28 if I remember. Then we were dinks for 6 years, so that certainly helped jump start our lack of saving in our early and mid 20s.
I bleed maroon
AG
Two more holdings have hit tenbagger status:

AMZN - up 1082% at the moment

BLDP - now up 1014% (I didn't see this one coming - it was about a 6 bagger at the time of the intial post.

PLUG has become a thirty-six bagger now. My all-time best, by a good margin.

Has anyone else achieved (or better yet, banked) any more tenbaggers?
McInnis 03
AG
I'M HERE!

It's not earth shattering, but took an Amazon long call option butterfly I purchased for $.65 to $6.53 in about a week.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Please formally change your user name to McFly
2wealfth Man
AG
TSLA and NVIDIA. Qualcomm and HD well on their way.

I need another of these portfolio makers!
I bleed maroon
AG
Congrats, McInnis and 2wealfth Man! You have to pace yourself, McInnis - it takes most of us about a decade to get into this club, and some clubmembers may not like the smell of your new money.

I just hit another one in the past couple of weeks. PNTG, up 1181% at this point. It was a spin-off from another holding (ENSG), and according to Schwab, I have a grand total of $291 cost basis in it. Ensign is up 489% itself - I just wish I threw more than $2000 at it initially in 2014. Not exactly going to fund my Ferrari Portofino with it, but I'll take it.
Fightin2010
AG
Bitcoin 2017. Problem is I didn't sell.
I bleed maroon
AG
Hey - unrealized gain tenbaggers are also welcome here.

It's a tradeoff between wanting to cash in some gains, pay the taxes, and reallocate, vs. sticking with a holding that has performed so well and has proven its' worth.

My personal approach is to sell off bits of it over time to reduce concentration risk, but I can't argue with continuing to ride the horse that brought you the tenbagger.
YouBet
AG
Missed this thread. I have 500 shares of PLUG with a cost basis of around 0.50 per share so looking at a ~2,500% return right now.
BT1395
AG
Just hit the 10-bagger mark with AMZN! Ain't selling one darn share of this machine...
I bleed maroon
AG
Great to see more members of the Tenbagger Club! Congrats, YouBet and BT!

I think my next closest on-deck stock is AAPL, which is only up 765%, so if it hits tenbagger status anytime soon, I'll be quite happy!
BoydCrowder13
Just got there on FB. $30 cost basis. Wish I'd bought more back in the day!
59 South
AG
I only remember one. It was the one that hooked me forever shortly after I starting playing with options:

4 QCOM 60 calls 4/18/2019 bought at .58 and sold for $10. $232 turned into $4k in the blink of an eye. They were set to expire worthless until crazy news hit 2 days before expiration. I sold that afternoon and they ended up going over $20 the next day. That was the best OA special I've been in.

I've only been buying individual stocks and options for about 3 years or so. On stocks my best so far that are well on their way are both about 4 baggers so far, NIO and ROKU.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
I bleed maroon
AG
59 South - similar story for me. I had a friend in Nashville in the early/mid 90s who invested in Projectavision (a very early flatscreen TV company). Over the summer, he watched it go from $2 a share to $26 (or something like that). I wondered how that was possible at the time!

I have found the best way is to buy and hold quality companies for the long haul. The second best is options trading with minimal capital and limited downside risk, along with exit discipline. Of course, luck (or good fortune) is a prime determinant, as well.
bmks270
AG
TSLA is now 10x in 12 months.

aggiefan83
AG
I'm up over 1000% on Visa, and I'm getting close with FB at 990%.

My best is NFLX which is at 5,736% today. Unfortunately I didn't buy that much of it back in 2012. I've sold a little over half of it over the years.
tamc1956ag
S
Stumbled it to a couple of 2 baggers at northgate
59 South
AG
tamc1956ag said:

Stumbled it to a couple of 2 baggers at northgate

I believe that's called a deuce my friend!

62strat
AG
OSTK is a 36 bagger since march, up over 2500%.

Unbelievable. $1k investment on 3/17 would be ~$36k today.
59 South
AG
62strat said:

OSTK is a 36 bagger since march, up over 2500%.

Unbelievable. $1k investment on 3/17 would be ~$36k today.

Now do 10k. That's what I almost did but didn't.

62strat
AG
It makes me want to start throwing $500-$1000k on random stocks a lot more, and see if I end up with one like this. Downside is low, but upside is endless.

I currently only have maybe 15 positions in actual stocks. Maybe that should be like, 50.
DRE06
AG
62strat said:

It makes me want to start throwing $500-$1000k on random stocks a lot more, and see if I end up with one like this. Downside is low, but upside is endless.

I currently only have maybe 15 positions in actual stocks. Maybe that should be like, 50.

It's got to be a losing proposition. Hindsight 20/20 situation.

You are looking at a 1 in 1000 stock situation in an absolutely insane market. This is investing 101

Keep on investing for the long term, collect your 7-10%, and you will build significant wealth. Keep hitting singles and doubles. Chasing the grand slam results in failure.
HustlerAggie
Bought FNGU at around $30.10 on March 23. If it gets to $301.00 (closed at 219.94 on Friday), I will have achieved tenbagger status. Used about 5% of my portfolio at the time and have only sold off about half in the runup so far, so looking good.
Hustle Harder
I bleed maroon
AG
Any new TENBAGGERS to celebrate?

I have AAPL, HUN, and ENSG all hovering around the 8-bagger level, so it would be great to add another by this time next year. Not gonna jinx them by begging for it, though.

I have started to write more covered calls on appreciated positions (including the 5 tenbaggers I currently hold) though - don't want to pay the tax-man for capital gains, but I like the incremental income. Selectively using protective puts, as well. Any other creative thoughts on the care and feeding of your tenbaggers?
Tree Hugger
AG
I bought NIO at $2.24 and it is currently at $53.03

2262.78% growth per my Ameritrade dashboard.
CLB2008
AG
Someone give me a potential tenbagger stock to check out. Something in the $5 range. K? Thanks.
Mr President Elect
AG
PRTY oddly has been a tenbagger for me. Bought it at $0.44 in the spring and it is currently at $6.53. Been looking to exit on it via CC's but the premium hasn't been much for how much it has gained the last couple of months, so I have kept holding. I don't really trust it though, so will probably exit soon.
AW 1880
AG
I bought Dell in the 90s when I was 15 with money I had won on Wheel of Fortune. My $1700 investment turned into about $30k after the five or six splits. I thought I was going to be a millionaire by the time I was 25.
YouBet
AG
AW 1880 said:

I bought Dell in the 90s when I was 15 with money I had won on Wheel of Fortune. My $1700 investment turned into about $30k after the five or six splits. I thought I was going to be a millionaire by the time I was 25.
That's awesome. Were you on the old version where they had the spinning rooms and you picked stuff out of setup room?
AW 1880
AG

No, but Jump to 1:40 mark for when I demonstrate how smart I am.
YouBet
AG
AW 1880 said:

Lol! Are you for real?? That is awesome. Please tell me your the guy with the butt cut?
AW 1880
AG
Indeed.
cjo03
AG
AW 1880 said:

Wow. This just made my night. Couldn't stop watching! I may or may not have yelled D D ELDERS!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.