Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Tenbaggers

24,179 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by texagbeliever
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tsla almost a 10 bagger in previous 13 months.. crazy.
Diggity
AG
Please tell me you and Elenore smoked a bowl and hooked up after the show?
cjo03
AG
Diggity said:

Please tell me you and Elenore smoked a bowl and hooked up after the show?

Or before?
Diggity
AG
good point.

I wonder if she's an architect now. Seemed pretty pumped about the proposition.

We need a "Where Are They Now?: 90's Teen Wheel of Fortune Edition"
cjo03
AG
Ha! I had similar wonder of whether either made it as an architect.

I actually watched the commercials too... took me back.
Diggity
AG
maybe she set her sites higher...and became a city planner!
I bleed maroon
AG
62strat said:

62strat - did you buy and hold it and bank the 10-bagger, or is this just an observation. If you did, congrats!

TSLA was by far my worst play of 2020 - I bought 3 tranches of options, puts twice and calls once, and my timing was off badly for each one (right idea, wrong time). Since the premiums are so high, it necessitated much shorter expirations than I usually use. I would have done far better by just using a buy-and-hold of the underlying stock.
AW 1880
AG
Believe it or not, I was not a pothead. Don't know what happened to the other kids, but it is kind of ironic that the kid with a pet iguana works at an Architecture/Engineering firm.
62strat
AG
I bleed maroon said:

62strat said:

62strat - did you buy and hold it and bank the 10-bagger, or is this just an observation. If you did, congrats!

TSLA was by far my worst play of 2020 - I bought 3 tranches of options, puts twice and calls once, and my timing was off badly for each one (right idea, wrong time). Since the premiums are so high, it necessitated much shorter expirations than I usually use. I would have done far better by just using a buy-and-hold of the underlying stock.
no I wish. I was strongly considering getting into TLSA at that time, but alas, I waited and got in like at $400 something.
59 South
AG
Anybody else hitting the 10 bagger club on NIO? I accumulated a lot in summer 2019 and rode it down in the fall. My buys range from about 8 - 17 baggers with average of about 11.

I also figure some others are at or near it with ROKU. I'm at 9x right now from accumulation in late 2018.

I always thought both had 10 bagger potential, but it happened way faster that I thought it would!
I bleed maroon
AG
Welcome to the club! It's an exclusive fraternity with roughly equal parts:

1. Entry Timing
2. Skilled Selection
3. Passage of Time
4. Luck

#3 and #4 are probably my biggest secrets to success.
jsdaltxag
LVS

proudaggie02
AG
MARA: in at $1.71 in July; hit $28+ yesterday; have 2/3 of position left.
ALPP: bought in at .21; hit $4.50 (sold 70% of position).
Frisco86
AG
proudaggie02 said:

more interested in your suggestions now. Obviously you have picked some outstanding winners. Congrats.
proudaggie02
AG
Frisco86 said:

proudaggie02 said:

more interested in your suggestions now. Obviously you have picked some outstanding winners. Congrats.
I followed oldarmy1. I'm in big on his current accumulation plays (CIDM and WWR), but I think the expectation was to buy at .60-.70 and $4.50-5.00, respectively, and hold for $2-3 CIDM and $10-15 WWR.
sts7049
AG
joined the club for the first time with ABML!

62strat
AG
sts7049 said:

that's an 11 bagger, FYI
I bleed maroon
AG
62strat said:

sts7049 said:

that's an 11 bagger, FYI
Nope. He's right. It is the number of times you've doubled your initial investment. A four-bagger is a 400% return, in other words, a mere home run.

My thread, my rules.

CONGRATS, sts7049!!!

Gotta be some more ten-baggers out there. Show them here proudly, so we can celebrate them with you!
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
1,449.57% on PENN. $7.00 entry.

62strat
AG
I bleed maroon said:

62strat said:

sts7049 said:

that's an 11 bagger, FYI
It is the number of times you've doubled your initial investment. A four-bagger is a 400% return, in other words, a mere home run.

My thread, my rules.

he's doubled his initial investment 10 times? I don't think that's right either!

So doubling is a 1 bagger... So x-bagger is x times your initial investment you've gained in profit.

It makes more sense after you sell it. You're left with x times as much as you initially spent, after you sell it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
do negative ten baggers count?
I bleed maroon
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Assuming you were short the stock, why not? Unless you were short, and the stock went up ten-fold (then we'll shed a tear and share a beer?) with you.

62strat: Here's a source (the source?) that agrees with you: https://investinganswers.com/dictionary/1/10-bagger#:~:text=A%2010%20bagger%20is%20a,One%20Up%20on%20Wall%20Street.%22

It takes too much work to relabel the thread "1000% increase stocks" though, and it doesn't have the same ring to it as tenbagger. My apologies and condolences!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bleed maroon said:

Assuming you were short the stock, why not? Unless you were short, and the stock went up ten-fold (then we'll shed a tear and share a beer?) with you.

62strat: Here's a source (the source?) that agrees with you: https://investinganswers.com/dictionary/1/10-bagger#:~:text=A%2010%20bagger%20is%20a,One%20Up%20on%20Wall%20Street.%22

It takes too much work to relabel the thread "1000% increase stocks" though, and it doesn't have the same ring to it as tenbagger. My apologies and condolences!
no, these are the times I get cute and create a covered call where I have 1,000% loss on it. Like when I had a 32CC on SNAP the time it exploded to $45.
FbgTxAg
AG
BLDP is now a 12 Bagger for me.

PLUG was a 14 Bagger but I sold a bunch @ 71. Bought back @ 59. I dunno how to do the math on it and I don't care.

Those two stock plays have funded my entire portfolio. I've diversified now as a result and hold significant stock now in 16 companies.

Was lucky, but the Stock Market thread is literally a money printing machine. I just follow along, and when some folks talk about a position, I buy some.

Every single one of them is up. Many substantially.

TexAgs knows things.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
YourFavAggie
AG
I'm just starting playing with the markets. The stock market thread is incredible for my positions.

Only wish I dove in instead of dipping my toes in!
Eyes of texas Crying
aglaes
AG
Question is what do you think you should buy today that could be a 10 bagger - let's say within a 5 yr time span.
Fightin_Aggie
AG

What is it when it goes all the way to zero?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
I bleed maroon
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

What is it when it goes all the way to zero?
That's when you qualify as an experienced and active trader!

Seriously, if you've never had a holding that went bankrupt or options that expired worthless, your education isn't complete as a trader. Active investing has risks, and no one bats 1.000 on their stock picks. Believe it or not, this really helps you get a feel for risk/return, and keeps you grounded. I have had many holdings go to zero (including Enron!), and I think I learned from every one of them.

My personal bar to clear is having success with at least 55%+ of my trades (and trade value). I choose this because the S&P goes up on 54% of trading days, so if you can't beat that, you should avoid active trading, and just buy and hold something like SPY.
Tibbers
Tibbers
aglaes said:

Question is what do you think you should buy today that could be a 10 bagger - let's say within a 5 yr time span.
bmix
Leon Sandcastle
AG
Hvbtf
12thMan86
AG
Lol had a 10 bagger in 3 days with Amazon this week. 3300 butterfly I paid 1.57 for and closed for 17.50 Friday.

Also NIO ( 80 bagger)and RIOT (25 bagger) have been sweet.

Portfolio up 160% last year.
I bleed maroon
AG
Congrats! That's a banner year, for sure! Are you still holding NIO (just curious)?

I haven't been including my options plays in the tenbaggers, although there's absolutely no reason not to. They're usually just a tiny part of my portfolio, and the way I use options, they're either feast or famine. I had several options hedges last March that exceeded 20x (SPXL and TZA), and I like to use strangles when I expect big moves, so one side expires worthless, and the other sometimes hits 10x+.
Aggie09Derek
AG
NFLX up 55x since I bought in 2011....still holdling some and have bought/sold off some throughout. Had I held my original $16k position....would be sitting NICE right now.

NIO - Bought earlier this year for $2.39 - now at $61.95

Not quite a 10 baggers; but damn close and quick on all of these:

PTON - Bought earlier this year for $19.50 - now at $159.78

RH - bought earlier this year for $75.99, now at $502.02

ROKU - bought earlier this year for $58.53, now $422.85
12thMan86
AG
I bleed maroon said:

Congrats! That's a banner year, for sure! Are you still holding NIO (just curious)?

I haven't been including my options plays in the tenbaggers, although there's absolutely no reason not to. They're usually just a tiny part of my portfolio, and the way I use options, they're either feast or famine. I had several options hedges last March that exceeded 20x (SPXL and TZA), and I like to use strangles when I expect big moves, so one side expires worthless, and the other sometimes hits 10x+.
Yep still have NIO. 10 strike calls that expire Jan 22

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.