Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Tenbaggers

24,213 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by texagbeliever
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dogecoin. Bought $15 at 0.008. Now at .08
HustlerAggie
HustlerAggie said:

Bought FNGU at around $30.10 on March 23. If it gets to $301.00 (closed at 219.94 on Friday), I will have achieved tenbagger status. Used about 5% of my portfolio at the time and have only sold off about half in the runup so far, so looking good.
Been awhile since I posted this, but it is up over 356 as of today, so officially got a tenbagger out of it. Might turn into a twenty or hundred bagger some day, given splits and everything. Just gonna hold for now...
Hustle Harder
I bleed maroon
AG
CONGRATS!

I have added one, but it's a small fry. MJ April $15 Call Options - up 1248% since purchase. Even when they're small, 12-baggers never hurt!
59 South
AG
I need to add the PLTR calls I sold last week from the stock markets thread. $1.10 to $14 in 2 weeks. 10 contracts on that made for a nice little monthly bonus that will probably be more than my real job annual bonus this year!
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Talon2DSO
AG
ZOM was my first tenbagger followed by OZSC
aglaes
AG
Intuitive Surgical (IRSG). Bought 120 shares at $34.76 in Mar 2009 (actully bought 40 shares at $104.29, but it did a 3 for 1 split while I had it).

Sold half at $95.00 (after the split) after 9 months - so net free+ after that.

Sold the other half last year at $378.97.

Kicking myself today, because it is currently at $760.

If I would have held all 120 shares from the beginning I would be looking at $4k to $90k over 12 yrs.
hph6203
AG
Bought a TSLA leap option February last year (September 17 2021 expiration, $1540 strike) $11k, held it until September with a selling price of $95k. Took some of the profit and re-upped into a 580 strike that has since doubled making the 11k end up at roughly $115k. Had I held the original options post split they'd be worth $277k. Would've paid only slightly more in taxes with the long term rate.
WoMD
TSNP today. Up 1300% and net free.
Max Stonetrail
Long time lurker... like, pre crash.

I stopped by the B&I forum to see what was being said about Gamestop last week, and am now completely addicted to the Stock Market thread. I have been trading off and on for about 15 years or so. Mostly just buy and hold. I did a little dabbling in options but wasn't any good at it (which is a euphemism for lost a lot).

However, I will claim my ten bagger. I bought AMD in May of 2013 at $3.07. Still hold a lot today. At $87.90, I think that makes it a 28-bagger. It offsets a lot of expired worthless options.
TriumphForks
AG
Bought AAVE (crypto) in '17 for $14.33 and sold it (I.e. converted it to bitcoin) today at $463 for a 32 bagger. This is the only time anything remotely this good has happened to me in terms of trading. Best I've done otherwise is a double.
GigEm81
AG
AAPL in at $5.07 is my only current one.
AgsnFly
AG
My portfolio of stock trades has so many 5, 10 and even 15 baggers. I also have 50 times as many of small losing trades. The point is that the success rate of trades is not important and the cardinal rules of trading - cutting losses quickly and letting your winners run; is paramount. Btw, I have crushed the indices over the past many years.
I bleed maroon
AG
Talon2DSO said:

ZOM was my first tenbagger followed by OZSC
My ZOM recently became an 11-bagger as well.

If after-hours prices hold at the open tomorrow, my SNDL calls will join the club.
PA24
AG
If we can count reverse splits, I may be the champ.
YourFavAggie
AG
Got in EGOC at .0018
Eyes of texas Crying
KaneIsAble
AG
Got mine at .0021
EliteZags
AG
Moderna at $25 last Feb
I bleed maroon
AG
EliteZags said:

Moderna at $25 last Feb
Outstanding!

The first rule of the Tenbaggers thread is to tell everybody here about it! We need to celebrate longer-term holds as a winning strategy, and this thread provides a way. Of course, short-term tenbaggers are fine (I typically don't include my 10x options plays, but there's no law against it ), but the time-proven way to build wealth is to pick great companies and hold equity to capture your share of their success.
T Durden
AG
So what is the next one?
I bleed maroon
AG
T Durden said:

So what is the next one?
This is purely an ex post facto thread. For your crystal ball gazing or magic 8 ball predictions, you'll have to go elsewhere on this forum.

My personal opinion is very time-proven (some would say staid), and is to select well-run companies with a record of strong financial performance, with steady to growing market share in a segment that has great future prospects, and sit back and watch it become a ten-bagger over time. Boring, but effective.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Got my first tenbagger today. NET. picked them up shortly after IPO and have been riding them up.

as a reminder to myself on having patience with stocks i am long on, i went back to look at what should have been my first tenbagger. Square. bought them in the first dip after IPO in 2016 at $9.84/share cost basis because i saw their card readers popping up everywhere. got impatient and took a profit at $14.31 / share. if i had just sat id be be showing 2562% total returns right now... or 92.8% annualized returns. that sale will forever hang on my own personal wall of shame.
I bleed maroon
AG
Update:

New tenbagger: HUN (bought in 2009) - up 1096%

On Deck (hope I don't jinx these by listing them here):

QQQ + 985% (bought in 2001)
AAPL + 923% (held since 2013)

PNTG dropped off my tenbagger list - now up a measly 716%.
62strat
AG
Quote:

you got a 10bagger out of this?

I bleed maroon
AG
Yep. It was a spin-off from ENSG, so it carried over my previous gains from that holding, too. That's how Schwab calculates it.

It's a really small holding, if that helps.
I bleed maroon
AG
I bleed maroon said:

Update:

New tenbagger: HUN (bought in 2009) - up 1096%

On Deck (hope I don't jinx these by listing them here):

QQQ + 985% (bought in 2001)
AAPL + 923% (held since 2013)

With today's action, both of these are now tenbaggers:

QQQ + 1029%
AAPL + 1058%

I have bought puts on QQQ and sold covered calls on AAPL to celebrate (and partially hedge)!
I bleed maroon
AG
It's been a while since this thread was updated. Anyone have any new tenbaggers during the latest rally?

My updated list (per Schwab):

• HUN: +1004% (bought in '09)
  • ORCL: +1682% (1997)
  • PLUG: +10,694% (2013)
  • AMZN: +1035% (2013)
  • AAPL: + 1078% (2013)

Watch List: QQQ (847%), SCI (822%), ENSG (802%), LLY (786%)

Current Hedging Actions: Several tranches of protective puts on PLUG, SCI, and QQQ, opened covered calls on half my positions in AMZN and AAPL. Had to roll AMZN and AAPL calls forward recently, which eats into profit, but I am OK with my risk management approach so far. Any unique thoughts appreciated.
I bleed maroon
AG
It seems like Chef Elko needs to add to this thread (100-bagger noted elsewhere). Time to update!

For me, it's been a mixed bag since mid-2022. A few additions, a few drops, and some mega-caps treading water:

LLY: +2129% What a run for this bad boy. Very happy it comfortably made my 10-bagger list and kept going!
ORCL: +2422% Continued nice growth in this super-long-term holding
PLUG: +1327% My, how the mighty 106-bagger has fallen. :/
AMZN: +1231% Decent growth in past 18 months
AAPL: +1148% Mostly treading water since last update
META: +1143% Recovered 10-bagger status after losing it spectacularly a couple years ago
ENSG: +1140%
QQQ: +1132% New 10-bagger

Dropped off the list: HUN +790%. SCI at +869% is about where it was at the last update. No others on-deck in my portfolio at the 8-bagger level or better. I don't list options, but others should feel free to do so.

The reason I like this thread is it demonstrates "time in the market" vs. "timing the market" works for a lot of people. It's fine to speculate and trade, but a solid portfolio of excellent companies is a time-proven method that any young investor should pursue.

Your updates?
Chef Elko
AG
I'm in the club! I'm a fairly young Ag but work in Finance and have been following/investing in the markets since early high school. I had to flex some with SMCI being a 100 bagger for me. I was pointed to this thread by I bleed maroon, thank you!

SMCI - $10.07 cost in 2018 and sold various chunks off at $40ish, $225, $275, $425 and then $1,007 for the 100 bagger. Holding 10% of original purchase.

ALPP - it was another ticker before ALPP merged/bought them. I bought at $0.07 or something like that, rode it up for a 100+ bagger to the $8 range and sold remaining shares of what I had left. This was a penny stock brought to the forum, I can't remember who brought it but I'm thankful, please speak up!

AAPL - 3,850%
Had a mowing business as a kid and bought Apple, GE and Transocean in high school. Stupidly sold half my Apple shares in 2016 and will never sell the rest.

AR -550%, had a 10 bagger but still holding. Bought an over leveraged gas company cheap in the hopes of increased gas prices and resulting deleveraging.

That's really all the ones I'm still holding onto. Some other big gainers I have include NXPI, SOXX, AMD, DE, MSFT but nothing over 200% or so.

I made a ton and lost a ton in my generations dot com boom during the pandemic. GMBL was a big winner. PHUN and DWAC the first time around. Many others but I always had relatively small amounts in these.

I round tripped 5, 10, 15+ baggers or so. I sold chunks off and took profits and at least took back my initial capital outlay but I would say rode most of these back down. RUBI/MGNI, NIO, BLNK, SNDL and multiple of the GameStop like squeezes, I remember KOSS being 5-10X at least.

I enjoy the B&I board and love seeing all of us succeed! Cheers to more 10 baggers in the future and shoutout to my dude Peter Lynch!

jamey
AG
chrisfield said:

That NFLX is insanity.

500 shares would have been $5700 and worth $217k today

I was on an airplane with my mentor in business back in 2005 and he asks, whats a big business that's coming down the line.

I had never heard of Netflix back then but I tell him with the internet bandwidth growing, movies and TV over the internet is going to be a thing

I went back and looked at Netflix stock years later and it was only 3 or 4 dollars in 2005. I wish I had thought to seek out such a company back then and invest, even a few hundred bucks
texagbeliever
First 10 Bagger.
AMD 150s. Sold when AMD was 146, bought at $0.32.
It was tough going from up 5x with the first dip then down to up 1.2x, then holding strong for that 10x (closer to 13) when AMD got to 146. ($146 was my target based on the charting)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.