Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Will the crypto currency market cap exceed $100Billion before 2018

762,403 Views | 6116 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by administrative errors
GlendaleAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok, I'm starting to get excited ... what's the old saying? ... "you don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

Watch this ... you talk about being at the right place at the right time ...

EDIT: oh and the flashing light in the window behind Reggie are the lights from Times Square, Manhattan, NY ... his office is right there on Broadway
John Maplethorpe
AG
Ok it's interesting I'll give you that. But what happens when the VERI insiders dump their 99 million tokens on the market with street investors holding only 1 million at ~$100? You need a 10 billion USD infusion to support the current price.

Either the math adds up or it doesn't. Not trying to be hostile but how does this make any sense. VERI has a $10 website but needs $10B soon to justify the current price.
Donald Trump is a protectionist like many other politicians, save that he unfurls his vast economic ignorance more fully and more proudly than do more seasoned politicians.
wheelskjm
AG
One thing I like about bitcoin, it isn't up to the whims of any one person or entity. There is no Reggie Middleton who you have to put faith into.

Not saying veri is good bad or in between, just it serves a far different purpose than the crypto I fell in love with. Good luck.
GlendaleAg
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Ok it's interesting I'll give you that. But what happens when the VERI insiders dump their 99 million tokens on the market with street investors holding only 1 million at ~$100? You need a 10 billion USD infusion to support the current price.

Either the math adds up or it doesn't. Not trying to be hostile but how does this make any sense. VERI has a $10 website but needs $10B soon to justify the current price.
You're still thinking like equity stocks, John. It's a hard habit to break. Why on earth would I dump a license to make money?

Again, you'll see it working one day and understand it when you see it but by then it will be very expensive to buy.

Now, could this be a terrible business plan that doesn't work ... of course, nothing is guaranteed ... but I see the track record of Reggie and that alone would get me in on this

And as far as dumping, Warren Buffet could start dumping Berkshire Hathaway any time but by the time word got out it would lose probably 80% of its value ... you do have to trust the holders of the tokens in pre-mined crypto world ... but why single out Veritaseum? Most of the cryptos coming out nowadays are pre-mined with a large portion held by the founders so this is not just Veritaseum.

BUT ... I understand this is a much larger % than the usual 20 - 60% held by most other crypto token founders and that's out of your comfort zone ... I've spent enough time watching and listening to Reggie the last 5 months on an almost daily basis to know that's the last thing he's about and frankly with so few circulating it's actually SAFER because you can't hide a million token sale ... it would sink the price and everyone would sell ... Bill Gates sells millions of shares of Microsoft every month to slowly diversify and it's practically hidden, on the other hand, selling VERI like that would stick out like a sore thumb

So, in summary, there's always going to be some doubt ... nothing is air tight ... but that's why it's less than $100 per token now instead of $10K per token like it will be a year from now ... might be worth throwing some beer money at it for a couple of tokens ... Reggie is not going to ruin his career at the age of 50, and as I've said a business that he's passing down to his three children (mentioned his oldest son Masiah being a big part of the deal with the Jamaican Stock Exchange) to try and steal less money than he's worth now ... you realize he made a fortune calling the 2008 housing crash and Bear Stearns and Lehman before anybody ... he is a household name in Manhattan and Wall Street all to throw it away on a scam coin? Doesn't make sense to me.
John Maplethorpe
AG
Buffet owns 20% of BRK nowhere near 99%. If your $10k prediction holds. VERI market cap would be $1,000,000,000,000.

Not trying to be combative, it's good to have a healthy skepticism/devil's advocate to separate wheat from the chaff.
Donald Trump is a protectionist like many other politicians, save that he unfurls his vast economic ignorance more fully and more proudly than do more seasoned politicians.
Ryan34
AG
https://steemit.com/money/@financialcritic/analysis-of-the-veritaseum-scam

Not sure if that's been posted yet or not, but it's an interesting read.
GlendaleAg
AG
That market cap is not real nor is it really real for stock ... when someone says market cap they are implying you could sell all the shares of stock or tokens for that amount today and cash out

That is just not so ... if Buffett put his whole 20% for sale today he would not receive his # of shares times the current price of Berkshire Hathaway stock (and I know I'm simplifying this beyond the complexity of warrants, options, Berkshire A & B, etc)

John, all those tokens will eventually be sold ... what more could Reggie do? He offered 51 million (51%) during the month long ico ... I explained previously why I think more didn't sell but #1 he didn't try to sell to whales like most ico's and he was under the radar until mid May then the price of ETH was quadrupling from $45 to $180 and suddenly 30:1 VERI to ETH was $6 per token instead of $1.50

Also, the peoplel who pump VERI all the time now and read Clif High's report like I did DIDN'T BUY ... you know why? they simply had never used MyEtherWallet or participated in an ico and just let 3 weeks slip by before the light bulb went on ... you don't know how many people I've come across in Slack and Telegram who are still smiting their foreheads that they knew about Veritaseum but didn't act ... I can't even mention that I have 14K tokens because I can tell the FOMO (fear of missing out) overwhelms them but now it's too late to buy a thousand tokens ... it was a planet aligning moment ... then suddenly VERI was 1:1 with ETH and then the fud has set in so people can get the price down to buy and just the general "cash out 20% to put into other ico's" plus VERI not being on a large exchange but mainly on etherdelta that manipulates prices down

ALL THAT IS ABOUT TO CHANGE as Veritaseum is basically partners now with the Jamaican Stock Exchange ... and that is just the beginning ... I sound like the biggest pumper but instead just someone who's followed this everyday and want to be sure everyone has pristine information to make their own choices
RangerRick9211
AG
Quote:

Now, could this be a terrible business plan that doesn't work ... of course, nothing is guaranteed ... but I see the track record of Reggie and that alone would get me in on this
Do you have a non-Reggie links supporting Reggie's track record? Every Z-Hedge, Huff-Po, BoomBust, Reddit post, etc... Reggie Middleton calls... blog article is by Reggie.

The track record I know is of failed UltraCoin.

Even Reggie's Wiki page was created and edited by Reggie. His account is now banned on Wikipedia.

The edit history is comical: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Reggie_Middleton&offset=&limit=500&action=history
GlendaleAg
AG
Ryan34 said:

https://steemit.com/money/@financialcritic/analysis-of-the-veritaseum-scam

Not sure if that's been posted yet or not, but it's an interesting read.
Best hit piece money can buy ... if you believe it, you'd be silly to buy VERI

This is Defense Attorney 101

Inverse

You see in logic class you learn that inverses and converses are lies

Here's an example:

All men have two legs
This has legs
Therefore it's a man

False, it could be a pigeon

All men have two legs
This is a man
Therefore is has two legs

True

I told you guys the fud masters have all the FACTS right but their connecting of the dots is wrong. I've been following this since May 1st and it is not a scam but the facts can be set up to play on your fears. It won't matter soon as VERI will be out of reach for most.

It's like the missing dollar trick. $25 was given and $25 received but the riddle makes it sound like the $$ should add up to $30 and thus a missing dollar

Ryan34
AG
I'm not really interested in a back and forth, but I find the arguments in that article (and there are many like it) much more compelling than yours.

Even if I didn't believe it was a scam, I'm more interested in the platform technologies like Ethereum, Stratis and a couple others.
Gary Johnson
Quote:

That market cap is not real nor is it really real for stock ... when someone says market cap they are implying you could sell all the shares of stock or tokens for that amount today and cash out
I disagree, market cap is a very useful number. Of course you can't dump it all at once and expect the price to hold. But Warren Buffet can liquidate all his BK stock if he chose to and it wouldn't tank the price, it would just take some time to do. BK also has an effective price floor because it pays dividends.
GlendaleAg
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Buffet owns 20% of BRK nowhere near 99%. If your $10k prediction holds. VERI market cap would be $1,000,000,000,000.

Not trying to be combative, it's good to have a healthy skepticism/devil's advocate to separate wheat from the chaff.
When all the tokens are distributed and Veritaseum is going full blast ... I expect that market cap yes ... will be bigger than anything we've seen as it takes in a large portion of the Finance (Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan world) , Insurance (all of the Berkshire Hathaway world) and Real Estate business which are quadrillion $$ markets in total
GlendaleAg
AG
Ryan34 said:

I'm not really interested in a back and forth, but I find the arguments in that article (and there are many like it) much more compelling than yours.

Even if I didn't believe it was a scam, I'm more interested in the platform technologies like Ethereum, Stratis and a couple others.
Ok, please invest in Ethereum. That's what Veritaseum runs on although it is platform agnostic. It was originally to run on Bitcoin and that's what they were doing last spring: changing it over to the Ethereum network

You'll do well with Ethereum ... Stratis I'm not sure about but it's probably a winner too.
GlendaleAg
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

I disagree, market cap is a very useful number. Of course you can't dump it all at once and expect the price to hold. But Warren Buffet can liquidate all his BK stock if he chose to and it wouldn't tank the price, it would just take some time to do. BK also has an effective price floor because it pays dividends.
Ok, market cap it is. Yes I believe Veritaseum will be a trillion $$ company by the time all the VERI tokens are distributed and being used around the world which I expect within 5 years

The market cap in crypto world is circulating supply times price of the last sale

so roughly 2 MM VERI tokens * $90 = $180,000,000

with the same number of circulating supply in Fall 2018 (I believe there will be much more in a year) and $10K price per VERI token is a market cap of:

2 MM * $10,000 = $20,000,000,000 by Fall 2018 (2 MM circulating supply)

If they get those 51 MM VERI tokens (that were available during the ico) distributed to new clients (they can buy them now for 10% above market but most are going to rent them from guys like me) by Fall 2018 then the market cap would be:

51 MM * $10,000 = $510,000,000,000 by Fall 2018 (51 MM circulating supply)

Clif High predicts 1:1 with Bitcoin by Fall 2018 ... with a $15 - $20K BTC ... I'm being conservative.
bjork
GlendaleAg said:

EDIT: oh and the flashing light in the window behind Reggie are the lights from Times Square, Manhattan, NY ... his office is right there on Broadway
Yes, 1460 Broadway is the Veritaseum address.

It's a WeWork space. For $625/mo, you could also have that address.
GlendaleAg
AG
I'm editing my response ... thought you were saying that the offices aren't real or something ... now I know what WeWork is ... maybe it is WeWork
Ryan34
AG
GlendaleAg said:

Ryan34 said:

Ok, please invest in Ethereum. That's what Veritaseum runs on although it is platform agnostic. It was originally to run on Bitcoin and that's what they were doing last spring: changing it over to the Ethereum network

You'll do well with Ethereum ... Stratis I'm not sure about but it's probably a winner too.
My general thinking is that there will eventually be consolidation in the crypto space. It's probably not coming soon, but I don't want to try to time it either. Also, I don't think there will be "one coin to rule them all," but I do think maybe a handful will emerge to dominate the market. I like the platform technologies because in theory they should be able to eventually provide the functionality a lot of these altcoins are pushing, and also do so in such a way that the users don't even know the blockchain is there. I think when someone figures out the last bit is when blockchain will really take off.

Stratis is pushing Blockchain as a Service and is partnered with Microsoft Azure. It may not be one of the finalists in the end, but it fits what I outlined above so I'm willing to give it a shot. It also uses Microsoft .Net/C# for the development so that could give it a competitive advantage over Ethereum's homegrown programming language Solidity.
wheelskjm
AG
http://www.trustnodes.com/2017/09/19/vitalik-buterin-ancient-greek-cat-rides-unicorn-llama-ufo-rainbow-background?ref=coinwisdom.org

I like vitalik and his t-shirts way more than some guy. If I had to invest in someone based on their background in the crypto industry.... it wouldnt be someone that had a backdrop to times square or some other bull***** most crypto companies moved out of nystate after ben lawsky ****ed everyone with the 'bitlicense'.

thats my opinion.

my opinion is that you secure your monies now, out of veritaseum, especially if you've made millions. convert it to bitcoin, ride the wave, if veritaseum is actually productive and not vaporware (it's vaporware at least at this point) you've still got half of it and that's still a lot.

I was surprised that a customer of mine actually invested in Onecoin ponzi and he was a true believer... but as the year went on and people got arrested, i could tell he had the fear in his eyes he wouldn't get his money out... haven't touched base with him again... but I'd hate for you not to be able to realize your gains at this point.

secure the life-changing money, especially in unproven projects/ico's. My advice.

My advice, don't listen to me, i'm derpy.
Ryan34
AG
I too would take the money and run... At best it looks poorly managed. Their entire team is 3 people, only 1 of which is a developer. If they really want to compete, they are going to need a lot more people and that probably means Reggie selling some of his coins. The fact that he didn't do that from the get-go is incredibly sketchy... Their github page has basically nothing of value and the coin itself doesn't actually do anything right now. Even if you believe in Reggie, maybe he's just not cut out to run a technology company like this?
GlendaleAg
AG
wheels,

You're not gonna go wrong investing wherever Vitalik Buterin goes ... he's big into OMG too so check that out if you like ... I don't know why the OMG ico slipped past me in June that went 1000:1 ETH and is now selling for $10 each ... it will be huge during the Beijing to Berlin one belt one road initiative and is another one where token holders get a piece of the revenue stream: my favorite kind!!

You're not gonna go wrong with Ethereum either ... I just don't talk about it because it's so ubiquitous and while it's the main ico platform it's going to continue to go up and down: up for the buyers then the company dumps some for the cash they need to start their business but I still expect it to be at $1,000 per ETH by next Spring and many expect it to bypass BTC at some point

GlendaleAg
AG
Everything you're saying is true ... I could explain again and again but I understand it's too much just to take my word for it not just because of trust but maybe I've been fooled too right?

I get it. I'll post updates on stuff I'm excited about and when/if VERI goes to the moon you're not going to see me gloat because frankly you shouldn't just throw darts at the wall hoping one will hit ... you're not gonna go wrong with the main ones

Here's what Clif HIgh said about Stratis in June (I don't usually want to post his work that he spent so much time on but since it's a few months back here you go)

Stratis
Stratis is a interesting concept similar in nature to the complex model token in which the token is an
access required coupon pre-sold, and pre-delivered. The same model in Stratis is focused on bringing
C# code to the ethereum network, as well as producing yet another rail building effort for business. The
Stratis $Stratis access token has value that is backed by the brains and capacity of the organization, and
their blockchain with its processing.
The Stratis organization is basing itself as a consultancy for blockchain related work using expertise in
C# and .Net frameworks with that in-built tendency to thus focus more on Microsoft technology
support for enterprise level applications. The idea is that Stratis will be focused on implementing
blockchain applications for large corporations both internal, and as noted, external on the Ethereum
blockchain. The Stratis organization is also positioning itself to provide launch pad services for
blockchain applications, and their support.
This is a blockchain, and thus mined, token, with very tight, specifically focused use cases. The people
within the organization are clearly talented, and also focused. Early results are promising, and
supportive of the value currently seen in the token.
Vulnerability sets include team management breakdowns, inability to cope with unexpected growth,
and problems on the underlying Ethereum network. Should these develop, the value of the coin would
be tested along with the firm.
Evaluated as an organization, the result would be well positioned, well managed, tightly focused,
promising future. That they are based on proven C# (pronounced 'C sharp') programming language and
deep level skills provides a very competitive edge in the blockchain infrastructure industry.
$Stratis as a coin has to be considered to be a reflection of the combination of the organization, its
management and their work, both in flow and result.

Acquire for short term flutter growth. Watch carefully over early 2018 as the space becomes more
populated.
DallasAggie0
One coin I've been reading up on is I/O coin. Some of the work they are doing appears to be promising.
John Maplethorpe
AG
Ryan34 said:

I too would take the money and run... At best it looks poorly managed. Their entire team is 3 people, only 1 of which is a developer. If they really want to compete, they are going to need a lot more people and that probably means Reggie selling some of his coins. The fact that he didn't do that from the get-go is incredibly sketchy... Their github page has basically nothing of value and the coin itself doesn't actually do anything right now. Even if you believe in Reggie, maybe he's just not cut out to run a technology company like this?

Right. He could be honest, ethical, and a sharp finance mind, but maybe he doesn't understand the tech. The smartest coders in the world are working on blockchain right now and they're still trying to figure out how to use it, with little agreement.

Glendale, I surmise you own a significant portion of the actual public VERI tokens. You own about 6x the daily trading volume. You could test whether this is a low volume pumpndump scheme by seeing what happens if you unload a large amount. Watch the price, either way if you buy back quickly you won't materially lose capital.
GlendaleAg
AG
John,

I'm not that brave on EtherDelta. I'll tell you what, I'm going to give Reggie time to make good on his promises like the Jamaican Stock Exchange partnership and he says he has a verbal with a worldwide top 10 volume exchange ... we're expecting these to come to fruition in the next couple of weeks.

It would be hard to believe he could fool the people at Harvard University where he is giving a speech tomorrow at 4 pm EST (someone please verify the speech for those keeping up with this TexAgs Veritaseum soap opera lol) ... the person I really can't imagine him fooling is Clif High but anything's possible.
John Maplethorpe
AG
Sorry not that impressed by the Jamaican stock exchange agreement, what are the details? Or speaking at a University, or buying a cubicle timeshare at Times Square.

You could end up being right and we'll be kicking ourselves. Or I could be right, convince you to hedge, and save you $1 million+ dollars. The 99% VERI holdback is a giant red flag unworthy of substantial trust. You got 6x times the daily volume(low trading volume is a known red flag), you could risk 15% of your holdings with about 5% real risk(~limit orders) to test if the VERI price is really just Reggie bots propping the price.
GlendaleAg
AG
I appreciate it buddy ... but if I'm going to fail, I'm going to fail BIG ... haha
RangerRick9211
AG
Quote:

This is a blockchain, and thus mined, token, with very tight, specifically focused use cases.
STRAT isn't mined. It's PoS, proof-of-stake, not PoW, proof-of-work (mined).

It's, imo, a great way to enter the space. You can be up and staking STRAT within a few minutes.

They also have a real use-case example of Stratis out in the world: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.stratisplatform.identity
BigNastyNate
AG
How does one purchase STRAT or other coins.

I have Coinbase and am obviously limited there.

I checked out EtherDelta and it was not very intuitive...

Seems like the best way to make money in the crypto space is purchasing a promising coin early, hope it hits, and then selling if it runs up... problem is just figuring how to buy the coins that aren't popular yet.
Ryan34
AG
I use www.bittrex.com for the coin exchange. There are others though. I also prefer Gemini to Coinbase.

But in either case, buy Bitcoin or Ethereum on Coinbase or Gemini then transfer to the exchange.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Gemini fees are substantially lower than Coinbase
RangerRick9211
AG
BigNastyNate said:

Poloniex is the exchange I've used. But I would never hold a sum with them. I would stay far, far away from EtherDelta. Without order matching, it's too easy to manipulate prices.

Quote:

Seems like the best way to make money in the crypto space is purchasing a promising coin early, hope it hits, and then selling if it runs up... problem is just figuring how to buy the coins that aren't popular yet.
That is the best way in a lottery sense. However, for some, including me, that have bought into the platform/infrastructure of blockchain we think BTC/ETH and their derivatives are at the Apple circa December 13, 1980 phase.
John Maplethorpe
AG
OK does anybody know WTF this means in Engrish?

GlendaleAg
AG
BigNastyNate said:

Big,

Just go to coinmarketcap.com and click on "Stratis" then "Markets" to see what exchanges carry Stratis then go to their website and follow directions for signing up

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/stratis/#markets
GlendaleAg
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

OK does anybody know WTF this means in Engrish?

Here's the English translation from Russian Genius language

https://www.coindesk.com/ethereums-byzantium-testnet-just-verified-private-transaction/
GlendaleAg
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

Quote:

This is a blockchain, and thus mined, token, with very tight, specifically focused use cases.
STRAT isn't mined. It's PoS, proof-of-stake, not PoW, proof-of-work (mined).

It's, imo, a great way to enter the space. You can be up and staking STRAT within a few minutes.

They also have a real use-case example of Stratis out in the world: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.stratisplatform.identity
Yeah, you have to get used to Clif .. he knows it's pre-mined ... just his stream of consciousness that because it's blockchain it must be mined one way or the other ... trust me he's way beyond our level ... you only have to look at coinmarketcap to know if it has an asterisk (*) by the circulating supply and thus it's pre-mined
First Page Last Page
Page 20 of 175

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.