Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Will the crypto currency market cap exceed $100Billion before 2018

764,099 Views | 6116 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by administrative errors
TxAG-010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It will be interesting to see where the market is a week from now.
GlendaleAg
AG
wheelskjm
AG
Got most of my investment in $TRIG out at arund 2.40, not sure where I'll buy back in as its going into a hemp farm...

But I gotta say trying to plan a hefty investment around crypto prices is nervewracking.... I hate selling. Wish I could just send the crypto but they aren't setup for that, yet.
GlendaleAg
AG
If you believe Veritaseum VERI is a scam coin, please do not click on the link below. I don't like to talk about VERI because so much fud has been spread that it triggers many negative responses.

BUT

Things are about to get real. Real exciting!! :-D

If you are holding VERI, as a fellow Aggie I ask you to please not sell as I believe you will regret it for the rest of your life ... this is generational wealth, imo

And for those who believe Reggie is just a scam artist, he's speaking at Harvard University on Sept. 20th at 3:45 pm local time

September 27th : He sits down with former President Barack Obama

ENJOY!!

Uncle
What exchange is VERI on?
DallasAggie0
I bought a veri yesterday on Mercatox.
JD Shellnut
AG
You can get it on etherdelta.
MrJonMan
AG
I'm still holding on to my VERI
wheelskjm
AG
I'm just happy that we have a crypto thread on texags that doesn't have every other poster asking to delete or stop bumping the thread.

It's a brave new world out there.
RangerRick9211
AG
wheelskjm said:

I'm just happy that we have a crypto thread on texags that doesn't have every other poster asking to delete or stop bumping the thread.

We've swung the other way into the Twitter/YouTube/Bitcoin Talk type pump-and-dump attempts.

Yeah, Glendale doesn't like to talk about VERI - well except for literally every page since page 9 of this thread he's pimped VERI.

I wish all the best to VERI investors. But please, roll-on cautiously. I'm still fully convinced it's a scam.
DallasAggie0
Hopefully now that the China news is settled it will be back to the moon
MrJonMan
AG
LTC this morning was $45, now $55

Should've bought this morning!
wheelskjm
AG
Btc bottomed at ~2890 last night... now back at $3600

En route, 6k

mavsfan4ever
AG
I have very limited know how if how to buy/sell/trade virtual currencies. I basically have used it to deposit onto poker/sports gambling sites some in the past, so I have a coinbase and blockchain account. I wish I would've bought a ton back then but I wasn't aware of the great investment opportunities, I just used it for its ease of use. If I am wanting to buy Bitcoin as an investment, would I buy it off of coinbase and then just keep it there? Or would I move it to a wallet like blockchain? Or is there something else most people do with it?

What is the most popular and safest exchange that sells a variety of the different coins such as veri, etc?

Thanks in advance for the answers to the newbie questions.
Uncle
MrJonMan said:

LTC this morning was $45, now $55

Should've bought this morning!
I woke up this morning in shock.

I then bought LTC at ~$39 and made some coffee. Been a nice morning.
wheelskjm
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

I have very limited know how if how to buy/sell/trade virtual currencies. I basically have used it to deposit onto poker/sports gambling sites some in the past, so I have a coinbase and blockchain account. I wish I would've bought a ton back then but I wasn't aware of the great investment opportunities, I just used it for its ease of use. If I am wanting to buy Bitcoin as an investment, would I buy it off of coinbase and then just keep it there? Or would I move it to a wallet like blockchain? Or is there something else most people do with it?

What is the most popular and safest exchange that sells a variety of the different coins such as veri, etc?

Thanks in advance for the answers to the newbie questions.

Firstly, you know more than most just by having used it. Congratulations.

Next, coinbase has some widely different opinions around it, I think it is a relatively 'safe' company, but fees are high and customer service is slow (but I haven't seen any unresolved issues). You can keep it there, but like any exchange or business that holds bitcoin, and gives you an IOU.... YOU CAN'T TRULY TRUST THEM. They could fail, there is no FDIC.

Blockchain.info wallets are called soft wallets. I would recommend investing in a trezor or ledger hardware wallet for safekeeping. There is a learning curve to everything here and lots of trial and error.

Enjoy the process.

Good luck. And HODL.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Thanks for the quick response. One more question. If you buy Bitcoin or some other currency from an exchange, do you have to use that same exchange when you sell it? For instance if I buy Bitcoin from coinbase and then move it to a hard wallet, if I want to sell it in 2 years will I have to use coinbase to sell? Or can I use any exchange at that time? I'm assuming I'd be able to use any exchange as long as I set up an account at the exchange.
wheelskjm
AG
Nope(1st question). You can trade it anywhere to anyone for anything.

From coinbase to phone wallet to stranger for tacos, if that's what ya wanted to do.
MrJonMan
AG
Well I tried to purchase some LTC yesterday but Coin Base canceled my transaction

No idea why?
GreasenUSA
AG
Coinbase has been cancelling my purchases when I use my bank account lately for some reason. My purchases from credit card have been fine.
MrJonMan
AG
Yea it's from bank account

It's happened once before but then tried again and it was fine when buying ETH

So I'll try again I suppose
GlendaleAg
AG
I've already gone in on the pre-ico but the Centra CTR regular ico begins at midnight Monday EST ... I'm a big believer in their President Sam and their business model ... pre-ico tokens are already selling for ico prices which is more than double pre-ico prices

Also, Floyd Mayweather ...

GlendaleAg
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

wheelskjm said:

We've swung the other way into the Twitter/YouTube/Bitcoin Talk type pump-and-dump attempts.

Yeah, Glendale doesn't like to talk about VERI - well except for literally every page since page 9 of this thread he's pimped VERI.

I wish all the best to VERI investors. But please, roll-on cautiously. I'm still fully convinced it's a scam.
You got your key words in fudmaster: pump-n-dump & scam

Good job
aggie028
Confused by all the ICOs. In a nutshell, why would you invest in so many new coins? What are they bringing to the table?
MrJonMan
AG
GlendaleAg said:

I've already gone in on the pre-ico but the Centra CTR regular ico begins at midnight Monday EST ... I'm a big believer in their President Sam and their business model ... pre-ico tokens are already selling for ico prices which is more than double pre-ico prices

Also, Floyd Mayweather ...

I like this.....

And I've been noticing a steady increase in price. Excited to see what happens after the ICO
RangerRick9211
AG
GlendaleAg said:

RangerRick9211 said:

wheelskjm said:

You got your key words in fudmaster: pump-n-dump & scam

Good job
97.9889% of VERI is held by Reggie.

I'm sure all of that volume on EtherDelta is market organic and not at all him.
TxAG-010
AG
interesting...
GlendaleAg
AG
Same crap ... been answered dozens of time but go ahead and continue being lazy ... VERI are software token licenses (not equity stock or crypto cash like btc or ltc) ... you don't have anything to compare it to so you're comparing it to dumb crypto coins when buying VERI is buying a license to be your own Goldman Sachs ... to make an analogy: you'd be calling Bill Gates a scam in 1995 because he'd only issued 2 million MS Office site licenses when there were a possible 100 MM ... you are parroting btc hiearachy and competitors Goldman and Morgan Stanley FUD ... if it makes you feel smart, go ahead .... you won't show your face on this thread 12 months from now
GlendaleAg
AG
And for the umpteenth time ... there was an ico from April 25th to May 26th where 51 million VERI were made available 30:1 to ETH ... at the same time ETH exploded so the VERI price exploded in $$ from $1.50 to $6 and I believe many thought they'd wait till the ico was over and get it for cheaper on etherdelta and that never happened .. instead it went almost 1:1 with ETH then here comes the FUD along with what naturally happens in the crypto world: holders begin to take profits to get into other ico's

btw alot of the fud comes from THOSE THAT WANT TO BUY VERI ... just like Jamie Dimon trashing bitcoin while JP Morgan Chase buys millions of $$ worth of BTC on the dip

Now the bitcoin fundamentalists have their story down ... low count of circulating coins, website , white paper , ...

There's just one problem: Reggie Middleton is not a scam artist ... he is a household name on Wall Street with 3 children who he is bringing up in the world of finance ... why on earth would he throw all that away for a scam that will ruin his career? He is speaking at Harvard University this Wednesday at 3:45 pm EST ... also there's no way he could cash in even a 10,000 VERI without the price plummeting much less cashing in 98 MM and on the block chain this is all transparent so we'd all know where the dump was coming from (you can't do this secretly like you can with equity stock) ... the fudsters are making connections to equity stock that don't exist here

Those 98 MM are available for sale to clients right now (again think Microsoft licenses or Grand Theft Auto software downloads) and will be almost all bought out before it's over ... privately, Reggie is concerned about NOT HAVING ENOUGH VERI tokens to go around to meet demand once this goes worldwide ... currently, clients can buy VERI at 10% over market but most will rent VERI... VERI holders will be renting their tokens and that will be the true wealth generator (both economic and contract rent) even more than the price appreciation of the token .. oh and the rental interface called VeADIR (like Darth Vader) is already in beta and will be up and running by the end of the month http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/27-veritaseum-autonomous-distributed-interactive-research-veadir

Also, almost every ico I've seen there are 10% to 70% kept by the company ... it's necessary functionally depending on the business model but instead of seeing it that way (because all you know is crypto coins like Bitcoin that have no business model because they're just currency) you just see a black guy at the corner who wants to scam you with a trench coat full of Rolex watches ... that's fine, Reggie is used to it and it's been an eye opener for me ... Reggie called the housing crisis, Bear Stearns, and Lehman back in 2007 before anybody else had a clue ... he's a financial genius, but you and others want to see a scam

The deal is done with the Jamaica Stock Exchange ... a top 10 worldwide exchange will also be announced soon ... many others too that if you'd just wait a few more weeks before spreading the fud ... I keep trying to leave it there and here we go again calling me out ... you could learn all this on BitcoinTalk, Reggie Middleton channel YouTube videos, Slack, Telegram, @ReggieMiddleton twitter, Veritaseum website, like I did by doing my own research, watching Reggie answer the tough questions LIVE on Facebook, etc
GlendaleAg
AG
And one more thing ... why only 2 MM sold during ico, right? Why didn't more people want to buy?

Because Veritaseum didn't try marketing to whales and this was early in the ico apocalypse (April) ... most people didn't even know how to use MyEtherWallet in April ... things have changed that much that quick ... Veritaseum actually wants a large part of the VERI wealth to stay will small time investors who are the founders ... and Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley aren't going to buy because Veritaseum is their competition ... those guys are trying to get the same crypto patents that Veritaseum has the inside track on ... IF you'd watch the videos Reggie has made you'd see that this is his great life vision that includes giving something back ... you and me get to change our financial position forever because of his generosity ... generational wealth ... so again, if you don't have the wherewithall to understand this enough to put your $$ into VERI, please don't ... but don't call something a scam that you really haven't looked into more than skin deep ... if you're looking to weed out anything that's not orthodox, VERI is not for you ... get you some bitcoin, litecoin, dash, monero, or other coins (not tokens with a business model) that are mined and enjoy the ride as the world dumps worthless fiat for crypto and you make millions of $$ ... I'm going to make Billions of $$ AND generate passive income from VERI rentals .. either way we'll both do well ... I'm choosing my way to be a little closer to the Forbes List

And talk about scam ... we are carrying around green pieces of paper DEBT created out of thin air and using them for money ... the only thing crazier are the electronic blips created by banks out of thin air we use for money every time we swipe our debit card or electronically pay our credit card
TxAG-010
AG
Glendale thanks for your insight. I think it's good to have a healthy discussion about the possibilities that all crypo's could have. I am in no way agreeing or disagreeing with you or Ranger, just like with all crypto you formulate your own opinion based off of what other people say or the research you put into it.
RangerRick9211
AG
You're passionate about VERI. Good for you and I hope you make that "generational wealth". But I'm not investing. My conclusion is scam. It's not objective fact and I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

However, it's very hard to deny the following:

Quote:

There's just one problem: Reggie Middleton is not a scam artist ... he is a household name on Wall Street
So I've heard. Mainly from Reggie himself - over, and over, and over again. He exists in the third person.

This is also a good time mention this is his second cypto project. UltraCoin didn't fair so well: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ultracoin/

Quote:

Also, almost every ico I've seen there are 10% to 70% kept by the company
10-70% is a huge margin. I don't think I've seen more than 20%. But it doesn't matter. Reggie has 98%.

Quote:

http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/27-veritaseum-autonomous-distributed-interactive-research-veadir
Only quoting to reference the website issues.

Product ultimately matters, but this is bad - 90's Geocities bad: http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php

His targeted investor is Mega-corp and Wall Street and a GoDaddy website is his choice. Literally, it's a GoDaddy site: https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=veritaseum.com.

Their GitHub is empty.

The only exchange you can buy VERI is Etherdelta. The literal wild west of crypto lacking order matching and regulation.
aggie028
Not to be a stickler but shouldn't you be aiming to make billions of bitcoin instead of $$?
wheelskjm
AG
aggie028 said:

Not to be a stickler but shouldn't you be aiming to make billions of bitcoin instead of $$?
not to be a stickler, but you can't make billions of bitcoin, as 21,000,000 will ever exist.

there could be 2.1 Billion cBTC (centi-bitcoins)
or 21Billion uBTC
GlendaleAg
AG
aggie028 - Good one :-D
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 175

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.