Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,171,097 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Spoony Love
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Punch Maduro for the win!
TeddyAg0422
AG
When are you finding the best time to sell is after earning reports come out? Same day, day after...?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Congrats on the new endeavor, and glad to have you back!
TTUArmy
Spoony Love said:

Punch Maduro for the win!

Actually, for a $8-9 truck stop cigar, they do the trick.
irish pete ag06
AG
Hell yeah! From a fellow Irishman
yocod
AG
Just to reiterate the Robinhood warning by others (and me). I saw this morning that they are pumping their awesome 4.9% APY for uninvested cash...that is, if you subscribe to Gold for $5/month. So, you're paying money to get something other brokers provide for free.

Fidelity is at 4.98% for uninvested cash. No extra fee required. I'm sure every other broker is at a similar rate (or should be).

It's stuff like that why Robinhood sucks.
Rydyn
AG
yocod said:

Just to reiterate the Robinhood warning by others (and me). I saw this morning that they are pumping their awesome 4.9% APY for uninvested cash...that is, if you subscribe to Gold for $5/month. So, you're paying money to get something other brokers provide for free.

Fidelity is at 4.98% for uninvested cash. No extra fee required. I'm sure every other broker is at a similar rate (or should be).

A warning for Schwab users, I got stung recently there. Their sweep "Money Market" is still only yielding 0.9%. You have to sweep it yourself into any of a thousand other MMFs to get better. To make a trade you have to plan a day or two ahead.
topher06
What happened to this thread?
0708aggie
AG
OA took everyone to his service
southernskies
Only us poor people remain
irish pete ag06
AG
It's sad.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
I got nothing on NBR.
Dan Scott said:

What's up with PXD. It's been lagging last couple weeks.
It lags on occasion. It'll catch back up.
I use Fidelity and Vanguard. I'll be leaving Vanguard in about 3 years. I have a special arrangement with them that I can't break. Only thing I can say is Vanguard has gone no where but down hill for the last 35 years in their "systems"....their funds are very good. If you want a good system, don't do Vanguard. I have great success at Fidelity. A wrinkle at Vanguard I discovered was canceling a GTC Order on a Sunday night. I could not get a "verified cancel" response. The system stated it would be canceled the next day(Monday) at the Open. I called to question this response. The Vanguard Rep told me the cancellation will occur if the market opens and is not executed. I questioned if the Rep could manually cancel the order in the system and he said "No. All Vanguard orders are cleared through Citadel". He would have to have Citadel cancel the order and he didn't know if they would actually cancel it. I said, you're kidding right? He said, "No. All Vanguard orders are cleared through Citadel". .... I didn't know that.. In the past, an after hours cancellation at Vanguard use to be honored. At Fidelity, I had the same type of GTC order in their system and it was verified canceled pronto in the Fidelity system on the same Sunday night. These cancellations happened 2 weeks ago. FWIW
jimmo
Never posted much, but check by most every day.
appreciate those that have always contributed here.
If i ever go pro, I'll bring all my picks ...
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
How is citadel not under antitrust investigation when they control nearly all the order flow in every exchange? Oh i know why...

Wti up another buck this morning! Moo!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Looks like another opportunity to swing smci
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Cramer just said he was calling the top of oil right now
Nice Ash
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Load up boys!! TO THE MOON!!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Cpe 40c for me
fightintxag13
AG
Nice Ash said:

Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Load up boys!! TO THE MOON!!
For you Always Sunny fans...

txaggieacct85
AG
SpeedyNoilBurner said:

When are you finding the best time to sell is after earning reports come out? Same day, day after...?
if the stock increases the day after earnings, I generally sell then. for some stocks I find there is more than a one day lag in response to earnings suprises, but its generally the next day after reporting after hours the day before or the same day when earnings are reported in the morning before the market opens.
LMCane
yocod said:

do you have to sign up for something on the Fidelity site to get the 4.98% cash rate

or it's just automatic for every account holder?
ProgN
Nice Ash said:

I wish to explain my absense for the last year or so! This is what I dumped a good bit of my market profits in!!

Come check out our new selections. Our inventory and facings have doubled since our opening last month!

https://instagr.am/p/CxN8BU6Apnp

Whatever your college battle cry may be for this Saturday, be sure to come in and stock up today during our freebie Friday event! Buy any 6 cigars from our vast selction of fine cigars and get one of any of these cigars for free!

-Tatiana(Vanilla or Groovy Blue)

-Punch Classico (Natural or Maduro)

-Perdomo Fresco (Connecticut, SunGrown, Maduro)

-El Professor

-Gran Habano (Connecticut or Habano)

Come check us out!

Yours Truly,
Irish 2.0

3117 White Oak Dr.
Houston, TX 77007
Nice to see you again you absent SOB. I'll spread the word about your new venture.
ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Good eye, it's getting close to a squeeze higher very soon.
Towns03
AG

what are the indicators you're seeing? TIA
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Price went down, but prog and 30k say smci goes up. That's a strong buy signal!
tremble
AG
NM
Philip J Fry
AG
Towns03 said:

what are the indicators you're seeing? TIA

The head and shoulders that is forming. I'll hold off a bit more
yocod
AG
You have a choice of a few different options for your cash. I believe the default it SPAXX, which is the government money market fund that is paying 4.9%. And, I believe that rate changes every time there is a fed rate change and what not. So, could go down/could go up, but the same applies to any other brokerage or those promotional savings rates at Marcus/Apple/etc...

El Chupacabra
yocod said:

You have a choice of a few different options for your cash. I believe the default it SPAXX, which is the government money market fund that is paying 4.9%. And, I believe that rate changes every time there is a fed rate change and what not. So, could go down/could go up, but the same applies to any other brokerage or those promotional savings rates at Marcus/Apple/etc...

I have a TDA account moving to Schwab in November. My 'cash' is in SWVXX, paying a bit over 5%
Heineken-Ashi
Still no commitment either way on this one for those looking for the short term trade. It's hugging below the resistance line.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

AAPL support is $171. Below $168 (50W EMA), which is my stop if I'm in, and it leaves my radar until it approaches the 200W EMA between $135 and $155.

If daily candles start an uptrend above support and I'm in, I'm looking for $200 to sell at least 50% and at $210 I'm out with everything except some runners.
Uptrend trying to form but still some indecision. If you want to buy here, place stop at $173.50. Same targets as previously mentioned and don't be scared to take some profits on the way.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

QCOM at $100-$105 range is a buy. Draw a line from the 11/3/22 bottom to the 5/25/23 bottom and make sure it carries forward. That's your lower support and you place your stop just below. If it breaks below, delete the ticker from your watchlist until November at the earliest. Also draw a line from the 2/1/23 top to the 7/31/23 top and carry it forward. That line is your target, and you should be out with 50% of your position at $115. This is a share buying opportunity unless you are willing to buy ATM calls at least 3-4 months out and sell 75% after the first move. I wouldn't recommend it as this timeline can be anywhere from October to March. And with calls, you lose the safety of an easy stop and have to watch intently and manage the stop manually.
If you went in you should have offloaded some of your position at $115 which this hit last Friday. Stop should be moved to $109 on remaining shares. Same upper target applies.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow, this is currently paying out more than my HYSA. Honestly didn't know this one existed.

I'm moving my savings over.
First Page Last Page
Page 6221 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.