Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,171,120 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WTI ticked $90 this morn. If $90 holds, we zoom to $95. .... Watch for WTI and Brent to go spread neutral ($0). At some point, oil-will-be-oil, freight spreads will show the volatile side. Tankers demanding or wanting to load in easy dependable ports get a freight premium....riskier regions will be freight discounted heavily. JMO
GreasenUSA
AG
So glad to hear, Mr. Farmer!

Looks like 30K was wrong on GENI. It didn't go to 5.76. It went directly to 5.36.
texags79
APAX just sold 20 million shares after pledging not to. This is the moment we've all been waiting for. If 30K had that in his projections then he really is good! lol
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
I just took a substantial position in Pioneer ($PXD).
SW AG80
AG
Me too.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

I just took a substantial position in Pioneer.
FWIW - I think PXD will hit or be super close to $252 by mid-Nov (at least that's what my fuzzy crystal ball says). When it gets "close to there" I'll likely sell Covered Calls on the entire position. What Strike and Expiration, I don't know yet. I only feel comfortable with the target price right now.
AgsMnn
AG
Pioneer drilling or PXD?
SW AG80
AG
For me PXD.
nancydeedavis
Any thoughts on the looming UAW strike at midnight affecting the markets tomorrow? Friday Puts anyone?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Luke, your comments are spot on. EIA reports show crude as we are "swimming in the stuff". Its all baloney. It's been baloney for many months. Saudi is going to show us the bottom of the barrel. As they said, "whatever it takes." The NYMEX crude oil Futures manipulation is way out of hand and Saudi kept telling anyone who would listen.

EIA continues to portray that we are producing extraordinary amounts of crude weekly but the imbalance is...the EIA supply surplus is not mathematically showing up in inventory as all crude oil inventory locations show declining balances. This Adminstration has really put our country in a bad way. Politics will not turn this situation around. Any turn around from this situation is greater than 9 months down the road. China is coming back strong. Iran got financial assets unfrozen by Blinken for more oil and they arent producing - only laughing at Blinken and Biden. Russia will cut production only because western technology is not onsite to keep those rigs operating. It's a heck of a mess. Green Energy tried to murder Fossil Fuels. Fossil Fuels killed Green Energy in self defense.

Farmer do you have any thoughts on NBR?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
sorry, can't help it. Chilifest - where are you, boo?

You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
texags79
See above. Where do you think it will bottom out at? And where do you think it has the potential to get to? I'll say it will be above 10 before the end of the year. APAX can no longer sell after the end of september so i'll be trying to find bottom over the next two weeks
fightintxag13
AG
MSFT hit Model T today from its recent drop. Where will it go from here?
fightintxag13
AG
This is great news Farmer!! So glad the surgery accomplished what yall hoped it would!
Logos Stick
Question for the investing gurus on this site

I was able to buy a bunch of ARM at the IPO. It's up 25% today.

Robinhood warned about flipping IPO stock, ie holding less than a month.

First time I've bought IPO.

But it's a darn good profit if I sell.

So is the worse that happens is I can't trade IPOs anymore?
wanderer
Step 1: Stop using Robinhood
Step 2: trim
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Chilifest said:

See above. Where do you think it will bottom out at? And where do you think it has the potential to get to? I'll say it will be above 10 before the end of the year. APAX can no longer sell after the end of september so i'll be trying to find bottom over the next two weeks
I don't know, but the price action today gives you a clear trading bottom. There is that gap below around $4 that you have to watch out for. If you believe in the stock, then you know what to do.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Logos Stick
wanderer said:

What's wrong with Robinhood?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Logos Stick said:

Question for the investing gurus on this site

I was able to buy a bunch of ARM at the IPO. It's up 25% today.

Robinhood warned about flipping IPO stock, ie holding less than a month.

First time I've bought IPO.

But it's a darn good profit if I sell.

So is the worse that happens is I can't trade IPOs anymore?
lol there is no way Robinhood would blackball you from trading IPOs unless you're dabbling with an incredible amount of shares (which if you are buying an insane amount of shares, we need to have a separate convo about why you are doing so with Robinhood).

They are likely worried about their perceived relationship if there is a lot of the shares in their brokerage name being flipped. That being said, they are also likely hoping to keep those Robinhooders as likely bagholders if the stock tanks. There could also be daytrading issues if you sell the shares before the settlement date.

Do yourself a favor and take the profits. If they give you grief, you have your answer about going to another platform. That being said, I think you should go to another platform.

Its not your circus and not your monkey to be worrying about flipping IPO stocks - that's Robinhood's problem.

Take the profits and go to another broker.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Logos Stick said:

wanderer said:

Robinhood is shady. Robinhood has a track record of shafting their investors/users. Robinhood gets paid to send their investor's trades through a clearinghouse. Robinhood has terrible customer service. Robinhood is the anthesis of their name - meaning they steal from the poor to help Ken Griffin get richer.

Watch the movie Dumb Money coming out. Read about the whole Gamestop saga.

Grow your investments with Fidelity, Schwab, IBKR, Tasty, or literally any other brokerage.
TeddyAg0422
AG
Hey, I'm fairly new to investing and just finding this board. What do y'all usually talk about on here in terms of investing? Like strategy and what y'all are going into?
techno-ag
AG
SpeedyNoilBurner said:

Hey, I'm fairly new to investing and just finding this board. What do y'all usually talk about on here in terms of investing? Like strategy and what y'all are going into?
WWR.
AgPT06
AG
I would say this is more of a trading thread. Short term mostly with the occasional long term play.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Logos Stick said:

wanderer said:

Robinhood is shady. Robinhood has a track record of shafting their investors/users. Robinhood gets paid to send their investor's trades through a clearinghouse. Robinhood has terrible customer service. Robinhood is the anthesis of their name - meaning they steal from the poor to help Ken Griffin get richer.

Watch the movie Dumb Money coming out. Read about the whole Gamestop saga.

Grow your investments with Fidelity, Schwab, IBKR, Tasty, or literally any other brokerage.

Robinhood is cutting me a check for 20% of my losses from the outage during Covid after joining the class action lawsuit. I left them Jan 1 of this year and got rid of that massive head ache… I was shocked that I'm getting as big of a check as I am getting.
FJ43
techno-ag said:

SpeedyNoilBurner said:

WWR.

Ok this was the POTD. I laughed so hard it totally made my day.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
SpeedyNoilBurner said:

You've got 6219 pages of reading to get too!

Jk but really - reading the first group of pages will teach you some basic lingo like model T, etc.

We are collectively a majority shareholder of WWR. We talk about strategy and certain opportunity's. Crap on Chilifest because he has some hot takes on perceived pump n dumps (WWR is not a pump n dump to most). Farmer is our resident oil expert. Heineken is our beer candle and handy at charts. $30K will live action trades and provide great corporate insight. McGuiness will talk crap about himself in 3rd person. ProgN has gifs about everything including rally booty. FJ43 is out soothsayer and Stetson hat purveyor. OA1 is the godfather of this board and has made us collectively a lot of money by teaching us to fish and not giving us fish. Lots of great knowledge if you bookmark and just follow. Don't be afraid to ask questions but don't be upset if you get candid answers. It's not as rough as politics but we talk about current market and macro trends.
TeddyAg0422
AG
Awesome, thank you!

…sounds like I need to go in on WWR!
fightintxag13
AG
SpeedyNoilBurner said:

Awesome, thank you!

Tread very carefully with it. They're in a bit of precarious position at the moment. They need financing and haven't given much of an indication on when/if/how they're going to get it.
HoustonAg2014
AG
SpeedyNoilBurner said:

Awesome, thank you!

You would have a better cost basis than 100% of the investors on this board so you have a head start there
Heineken-Ashi
SpeedyNoilBurner said:

Awesome, thank you!

"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
idAg09
AgPT06 said:

I would say this is more of a trading thread. Short term mostly with the occasional long term play.

This. And you're on your own to sell when you feel it's time to cash in. I read this thread daily and hold some bags haha.

Also have made a little money but this year not so much

And activity has dropped substantially so guessing everyone is paying OA's monthly fee to be in the kool kids Klub
AgsMnn
AG
WWR as in Wes****er Resource?

Just curious.
gougler08
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
AgsMnn said:

WWR as in Wes****er Resource?

Just curious.
That is the one and only.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 6219 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.