Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,005,086 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by El_duderino
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
420 pin by close?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If it's going to rally, will start now. See if this holds as LOD.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

420 pin by close?
Possible.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Looks like we are going lower
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Too easy

Brewmaster
AG
peaking out of the little downtrend

sts7049
AG
i have 860 as kind of a key trendline for TSLA. see if it holds up.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Well,...here you go..

Quote:

Exxon ESG activist board member Jeffrey Ubbens states the he believes XOM can become an ESG leader and a very profitable one. He says: "I really believe that the return dynamics for Exxon from here are spectacular. They are part of the solution, not part of the problem"

On Aug 4th Ubben bought 1 million shares at $88.44. As of 12:29pmCST, XOM is $93.88. Today is Aug 11th and Ubben is up $5.44 million. Merica, yeah, I love it!

Any LEAPS worth looking at? Wife has some extra funds in her ROTH and may just buy the actual underlying for the dividend and holding.
Great question, good timing.

I'm not seeing the juice for Leaps that I thought I was going to see.

This O&G industry is now set for positive momentum going forward and here is what I am doing.

*XOM will see $100 before if sees $90
*JAS Q3 earnings announcement would be the end of October
*I am selling $105 October 21 Calls (that's 10 weeks out) - this works for me. I would like to have my position established before the end of next week.
*I think in September or October there will be a temporary setback in O&G alone, or the market buying opportunity I have mentioned before, and the $105 Strike should be high enough not to get called out. If I lose the shares, no worries. Otherwise, I would plan to hold these shares options to expiration.
*After expiration I'll sit on the sideline and wait.
*Expiration on October 21st, comes before earning announcement at the end of October. 3Q earnings performance should be as good as 2Q. There should be a dividend increase announcement. These 2 items should recharge XOM share price.
*I'll look to sell Calls again after earnings & div announcement. Just repeating this process per quarter.
*WTI and XOM are closely related in price relationship currently and I don't see that changing. WTI is going to $100+. XOM will be slightly ahead or behind.
*XOM hitting $110 this year is in the cards. If the world of crude gets wacky high, so will XOM.

If I left anything out or if I wrote something needing clarity, let me know.

ETA: You can essentially achieve the same thing as above by selling Oct 21st $85 Puts.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Traps so far.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Where is rally ass?
Saltyag15
AG
Probably in timeout with Prog
kyle field 94
AG
Carioca Corredor said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

I sold Dec 30C on MARA at 1.45.

Goal is to buy back at 0.7
Very nice! I'd love to do this too, unfortunately, someone is borrowing my MARA shares, at 8.375%

Does this previous from selling covered calls?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
No he's allowing his shares to be loaned out to short sellers
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So tomorrow stonks go up again, right?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
A spinning top moc candle? Really?!
Brewmaster
AG
thanks for teaching this boss, I scalped the 422's, to about 14% profit on that rip upward around 2:35. set a sell before it got there and it hit!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Someone really wanted that under 4210
kyle field 94
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Right, so my question is can he lend them out and also write calls on them?

I am debating in allowing some of my shares to be lent out, but want to make sure that it doesn't prevent me from also writing calls.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it, the owner of the shares can call back the lent out shares at anytime, so would this prevent selling calls, or would you have to pay margin on sold calls because they are being g treated as naked calls?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Carioca Corredor
AG
kyle field 94 said:

I am debating in allowing some of my shares to be lent out, but want to make sure that it doesn't prevent me from also writing calls.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it, the owner of the shares can call back the lent out shares at anytime, so would this prevent selling calls, or would you have to pay margin on sold calls because they are being g treated as naked calls?
Yes, once the shares are borrowed, Fidelity prevents calls to be sold as it would create an uncovered position which is against the agreement I signed with them.
kyle field 94
AG
Carioca Corredor said:

kyle field 94 said:

Yes, once the shares are borrowed, Fidelity prevents calls to be sold as it would create an uncovered position which is against the agreement I signed with them.

Thanks and bummer. I use fidelity as well and this might be a deal breaker for me to use their lending facility. Either that or I have to be more diligent about what shares I want to write calls against via those that I am not writing calls and would be therefore happy if they get borrowed
Carioca Corredor
AG
They called me a while back asking me to join this lending program. I didn't have anything to compare or analyze it against so I agreed. It was sweet in the beginning making $800-$1.3k per month extra. The market turned and demand dried up to $300 per month. Lately its been good again back to $800+. But its at the cost of selling calls. Just compare the two strategy's and which one will yield more per month in whichever type of market you project we are going into for the next year would be my suggestion as a neophyte
jimmo
FJ43 said:

This is similar to what I'm watching for a trade.

I've sit in his discord for a bit... watched his videos.
he has an interesting technique.
he likes ORBs/ inside bar breakouts and the rest is all Fibonacci based.
Uses Model T like OA does but goes a bit further..
Madmarttigan
AG
Wonder if this was healthy pullback after big rally or showing that we are in for a horrific close to the week.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Wonder if this was healthy pullback after big rally or showing that we are in for a horrific close to the week.

Assume pullback until proven otherwise. 4220+ is bullish
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm one good day away from hitting a new all-time high on my overall net worth. (Which was 8 months ago.)

Hopefully we get a strong finish to the week.
lobwedgephil
They closed SPY at 419.99 two days in a row. Bulls want 4170-4200 to hold tomorrow.
FJ43

Which way now?

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Dan Scott
AG
My guess would be August continues a grind up to 200MA which coincides with the triple top. Beginning of September it collapse down.
BaylorSpineGuy
Shooting star after a hanging man? I went short this afternoon.
Dan Scott
AG
Vix calls or SPY puts out to October I think are a must play. There will be an energy crisis this Fall in Europe and probably a hurricane here. Fed will also up their QT. Refiners entering turnaround season will push up gas prices and people will get pessimistic again. Plus no more 1MBD drawdown from SPR.
FJ43
I added to my VIX late Sept 28c on today's push that I posted last night. We shall see. RR is worth it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

lobwedgephil
I buy more time on my long term put positions, but agree at least out to October very much needed. I used this mornings pop for that.
FJ43
I took lotto puts into close. % of today's trade profits is all.

Here's to seeing a SPY 416.30s dip on the open for lunch money. If it goes up I may take a trade short for next week expiry.

BaylorSpineGuy
I bought the Monday 418's.
First Page Last Page
Page 5614 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.