Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,004,995 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by El_duderino
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apparently you didn't get the memo. We're all bullish now
GreasenUSA
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Lake08 said:

BREwmaster said:

Lake08 said:

Charts aren't the end all be all. That's where most people fail. They pay too much attention to them.
please enlighten us, lol

Are charts always right? Do you know how many times posters here say "x" is going to happen because of a chart or graph and it does the opposite. That's all I am saying.

Please tell us your method. I'm interested.
Me too. I'd like to know what method allows him to definitively state that the bottom is in.
Lake08
GreasenUSA said:

Lake08 said:

BREwmaster said:

Lake08 said:

Charts aren't the end all be all. That's where most people fail. They pay too much attention to them.
please enlighten us, lol

Are charts always right? Do you know how many times posters here say "x" is going to happen because of a chart or graph and it does the opposite. That's all I am saying.

Please tell us your method. I'm interested.
Me too. I'd like to know what method allows him to definitively state that the bottom is in.

I have NO idea if anything is in. Just my .02. As for what I do, I sell calls on a weekly basis. I usually make around 4% on my money per week.
Brewmaster
AG
0708aggie said:

same. Had 10 $900 8/12's
what led yourself (and same q for Ragoo) to hold TSLA overnight? I haven't looked at the chart, so I'm completely ignorant on this one, just wanted to get y'all's take.

and huge congrats!
SF2004
AG
Only been at this around two years but from reading your posts I am not sure if you look for an "overall bottom".

It looks like you have a trading account which utilizes shorter term technical indicators and a larger portfolio that is just DCA'd.

I also could give a rip about a bottom as I have the same.

Trading account is overall green on the year for the first time today though. I was in a hole on some trades I didn't cut sooner.
0708aggie
AG
I went with my gut. Numbers couldn't be bad so the fix was already in. Since it was beaten down at close yesterday, I took advantage.

No technical analysis was really looked at here. So you could say I got lucky.
Agvet12
AG
Busy with work so haven't kept up with research

General sentiment on TTD rip this am?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Yes, exactly. This is what every trader I know does.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

0708aggie said:

same. Had 10 $900 8/12's
what led yourself (and same q for Ragoo) to hold TSLA overnight? I haven't looked at the chart, so I'm completely ignorant on this one, just wanted to get y'all's take.

and huge congrats!

They would have had 10 contracts at $4. Pretty decent bet that it wouldn't go to zero overnight. Paid off well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Still haven't fully made up for the SQQQ losses from the last couple weeks, but getting there.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
For you XOM players. If it can break $91.50 today, there is a good chance to drift to $95-$96. It's trying now..

The $95-$96 would happen during tomorrow to next week. Major head wind today is it's Ex-Div(8/11), last chance to buy today(8/10) to collect div. Likely see a setback tomorrow.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I sold Dec 30C on MARA at 1.45.

Goal is to buy back at 0.7
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Still haven't fully made up for the SQQQ losses from the last couple weeks, but getting there.
It doesn't help to think that way. Loss happened, focus on moving forward and making smart decisions.
ProgN
I wouldn't buy it today but FSLY is very tight and a gap fill could happen very soon with all their earnings and negative news already out. Just FYI
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Done for the day. It's actually easy to trade chop if you know how and aren't stupid with risk.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Really? Right when the big move is about to happen?!
Carioca Corredor
AG

I sold Dec 30C on MARA at 1.45.

Goal is to buy back at 0.7
Very nice! I'd love to do this too, unfortunately, someone is borrowing my MARA shares, at 8.375%
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Hey what happened to beer candles?
Spoony Love
AG
I don't see how there isn't a huge drop tomorrow based on current activity from today.

This is the longest time SPY has stayed above the 408-414 box in the last few weeks. What news am I missing that would send this higher tomorrow (assuming we stay relatively flat the remainder of the day)?

maybe I should have zoomed in on that chart a little more.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Really? Right when the big move is about to happen?!
What big move? The big move was in futures. Market makers are just killing premium at the moment.
GreasenUSA
AG
Why does there have to be a huge drop? What bodes well for continuation is that the market held its gains today, and didn't sell off (yet).

On the flip side, we are back at the 150 MA, which is where QQQ dropped from on Monday, and S&P is also at its 150 MA for the first time since April.
Spoony Love
AG
Maybe I'm using TV poorly, I don't see it close to the 150.

And maybe a huge drop is hyperbole on my part, but the market fills gaps, and today created one.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Yeah I'm trying to force trades. My triangles closed out but all that happened was more chop
AgEng06
AG
What do we think on TTD? I missed my chance to go net free on shares bought back before the split when it hit $100. This time I want to go net free but keep as many shares as I can. Right now I'd need to sell around 2/3 of them.

What kind of continuation can we get here?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Yeah I'm trying to force trades. My triangles closed out but all that happened was more chop
Ok,

If you're long: first target would be 4210 followed by 4220 (today). If you're short, your target is first the VWAP which is 4196 and then 4192.

Safer move is to wait for something to clear. On days like today there are normally buy imbalances into the close which would push price up after a dip into 2:30. This is also a really big move, so you could see downside action. I probably wouldn't get short unless price started to stay under the VWAP.

Right now, you shouldn't be putting any trades on unless they are very small scalps with tightly defined risk. The volume will return at 2:30.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
There's your VWAP touch megafauna. Let's see if price stays under now.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm gonna live play this for you.

See that bounce so far? That's a reaction you would expect. What you want to look for is a bounce, fail, 5 minute close below VWAP and then it might get started a bit.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think there is a lot of liquidity here (not looking at profile, just guessing from PA). Still need to wait.
ProgN
AgEng06 said:

What do we think on TTD? I missed my chance to go net free on shares bought back before the split when it hit $100. This time I want to go net free but keep as many shares as I can. Right now I'd need to sell around 2/3 of them.

What kind of continuation can we get here?
TTD has broken out but today's move is significant. They beat earnings and guided higher so I don't see it going near the 40's again, but it will pullback. If you can, I'd take advantage of today's move and write CC's out 2-3 weeks because premiums are juiced.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
There has been a lot of action around this level today.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I don't want to short this yet. I think this is taking liquidity.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

I don't want to short this yet. I think this is taking liquidity.
Like I thought, trap so far.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
VWAP tested and held.

Tricky spot here, but if I had to guess one way, i think we go to 4210.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Premium killing moves here.
ProgN

VWAP tested and held.

Tricky spot here, but if I had to guess one way, i think we go to 4210.
First Page Last Page
Page 5609 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.