Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,004,839 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by El_duderino
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tweeted it while ago but major volume alert went off on SDC
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

In 290 26 AUG NFLX calls... looking for the gap fill play.
Was up and didn't take profit fast enough... cut these loose.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Kicking myself for not buying some DIS before earnings (had a strong feeling they'd beat), but got back in at $119 today.

Think it's a solid play for medium to long term.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I bought expiring 424 spy calls on the pull to and support at orl.
Everybody is expecting a flush, they are going to run it again
edit: of course it would help if i didn't suck at this
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Execution error on my end today. I got faked out when the market started to top and then it rebounded to double top.

Ugh. I think I'm going to call it for the day now that I'm green again.

You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FJ43
FJ43 said:

Would depend if we get any dip into resistance and if so I'd trim or exit. Most likely hold some given a next Friday expiry. That would push it into +3 ATR with a week+ out to expiry.

Will probably add to my Sept 20 VIX 28c calls either way today.

Easy trade as posted. I just went with tomorrow expiry vs next week.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
But how many?!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I sold those amd jan calls again for 10.15 this morning after i bought them back the other day for 9
Boban
Notes from WWR Call I was half listening to

• They expect to hear by October about receiving funding from Fed Govt from the Biden Administration $3.1B NPRM announced in May.
  • $202m estimated cost to build Kellyton, with 27m spent so far.
  • The company they have historically said they are in conversation with (or have an agreement but can't disclose the company... I can't remember) is a company using consumer batteries (AA, AAA etc.), but he noted they are in conversation with many companies across many industries they hope to provide more information on customers by the end of the year.
  • Hopeful the IRA will provide support for advanced graphite production If it passes on Friday.

Edit for something I left out:
  • They hope to have full funding by the end of 2022. I'd assume personally they're betting on the NPRM or IRA will provide the funding. Hopefully that bet pays off.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Had a limit sell for the rest of my TQQQ at $37.95, but I got cute and converted to a trailing stop for 1/3 of it and let the rest ride. It immediately hit resistance and dipped way back down.

But, bought the dip again with the proceeds and gonna try this again.
FJ43
50. But the amount isn't the real metric. The trade and execution is. More is just more zeros green or red.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I know, i was just playing with your skillfully cropped image. Perfect trade. If i could sit on my hands until clean setups like that manifested I'd be a lot better at this (I'm getting there!)
Brewmaster
AG
nice work brother! I took those SPY puts after double top today, but closer expiration and sold about 30 minutes ago on the dump down
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
UK's Gordon Brown mentioning "Nationalize energy companies". (Government trying to fix a problem they created. Can it get any better?)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/08/11/dont-listen-gordon-brown-nationalised-energy-companies-would/

Wait til winter sets in.. Grab the popcorn.

WTI = $93.35 / +$1.42 / +1.54%
XOM = $92.80 / +$2.23 / +2.46%
topher06
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

UK's Gordon Brown mentioning "Nationalize energy companies". (Government trying to fix a problem they created. Can it get any better?)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/08/11/dont-listen-gordon-brown-nationalised-energy-companies-would/

Wait til winter sets in.. Grab the popcorn.

WTI = $93.35 / +$1.42 / +1.54%
XOM = $92.80 / +$2.23 / +2.46%
That should really encourage new investments. ****ing children at the helm.
FJ43
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I know, i was just playing with your skillfully cropped image. Perfect trade. If i could sit on my hands until clean setups like that manifested I'd be a lot better at this (I'm getting there!)

The bottom of that screen is noise on the app. I Just focus on entry/exit and the rest takes care of itself.

Sometimes trading less is a good thing to create good disciplines.

Dan Scott
AG
IEA raised oil demand forecast.

Quote:

"Natural gas and electricity prices have soared to new records, incentivising gas-to-oil switching in some countries," the Paris-based agency said in its monthly oil report, in which it raised its outlook for 2022 demand by 380,000 barrels per day (bpd)
59 South
AG
59 South said:

Alight chaps, here is $ENVX. Earnings on Wednesday so don't touch until the dust settles. The way stocks have been acting recently on earnings, it is probably either going to gap down for an eventual good opportunity to enter, or it is going to gap and go nuts so entering prior to earnings is just gambling.

Simple text book chart here - a back test of the falling wedge breakout coinciding with rising 21 ema would make sense. It is very extended so wouldn't enter here.

Maybe a 1/4 position at 12.50 and another 1/4 position selling covered puts lower maybe at 10 out a few weeks.

Busy week for me so likely won't be able to check in until Thursday or Friday - y'all kill it this week!

*Updated chart view from across the pond*

Philip J Fry
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Anyone else on the SIGA train?

BAM! Let's go
BlueTaze
The WWR all was ok. All permitting aquired, $100M cash no debt. But still need future funding. If that doesn't include the Biden admin writing a deep red state a check, then SH are gonna take it on chin.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Well,...here you go..

Quote:

Exxon ESG activist board member Jeffrey Ubbens states the he believes XOM can become an ESG leader and a very profitable one. He says: "I really believe that the return dynamics for Exxon from here are spectacular. They are part of the solution, not part of the problem"

On Aug 4th Ubben bought 1 million shares at $88.44. As of 12:29pmCST, XOM is $93.88. Today is Aug 11th and Ubben is up $5.44 million. Merica, yeah, I love it!
BaylorSpineGuy
Philip J Fry said:

Philip J Fry said:

Anyone else on the SIGA train?

BAM! Let's go

Anyone else being treated for it? May be more of a Longhorn thing ;-)
Philip J Fry
AG
lol. For the sake of my portfolio, I gladly encourage every longhorn to go experience the sexual freedom they deserve.
irish pete ag06
AG
Is this the beginning of the sell?

a 1.5 million volume buy stick on the 1 minute earlier today didn't even budge the price upward.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Hard to guess how the rest of the day will go.

The current level has had a lot of trading action so it may hold as support. I do think we're going to fill these gaps sooner than later.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Looking at orders, we may hold here. Let it bottom before going long.
Brewmaster
AG
key level here, the 4215
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Looking at orders, we may hold here. Let it bottom before going long.
there are services that charge big money for play by play like this. Cheers brother!

signed,
- just a minnow trying to learn to swim with some whales
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Risky move, but buying a little more TQQQ here in case it rips into the close.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Gap filled
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Ok, watch VIX. You want to see 4215 recover.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
For the SPY traders. $420.40 is the level you want to see recover.

Mancini talk about this, let is flush below a level, then recover.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG

Well,...here you go..

Quote:

Exxon ESG activist board member Jeffrey Ubbens states the he believes XOM can become an ESG leader and a very profitable one. He says: "I really believe that the return dynamics for Exxon from here are spectacular. They are part of the solution, not part of the problem"

On Aug 4th Ubben bought 1 million shares at $88.44. As of 12:29pmCST, XOM is $93.88. Today is Aug 11th and Ubben is up $5.44 million. Merica, yeah, I love it!

Any LEAPS worth looking at? Wife has some extra funds in her ROTH and may just buy the actual underlying for the dividend and holding.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Nothing to do here, by the way.

So here's what to watch for on SPY.

• Needs to clear and base above yesterday's high
  • If so, will likely challenge the 421 area and may get rejected.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

Well,...here you go..

Quote:

Any LEAPS worth looking at? Wife has some extra funds in her ROTH and may just buy the actual underlying for the dividend and holding.
Better to own underlying in Roth and sell calls against it to lower cost.
First Page Last Page
Page 5613 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.