Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,004,820 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by El_duderino
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He is a 0 or 100% trader.

It either goes to zero or it doubles. He's right most of the time, though.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
confucius_ag
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

That's who messes with prices like that to manipulate it. What these jerks do is the pull the bid so that if a stop gets triggered, they'll get your ITM calls for 0.01 when they're worth at least 0.40. When I see this manipulation, I just get out.

I have complained to the SEC about this at least 10 times, but the market is crooked and these crooks are all in it together.
Maybe FJB should hire another 87000 SEC investigators instead of IRS agents.
Heineken-Ashi
My examples are on 1 day beer candles. A wise trader would also be looking at hourly candles to get a feel for when the best entries and exits are. You can trade hourly trends using minute candles for entries and exits as well. Weekly beer candles can also tell you if you are fighting a longer term trend or playing with house money inside of one.

Beer candle trading maximizes returns while simultaneously minimizing risk. It's a strategy that succeeds in any market if you are patient and consistent.

Remember, it's always time for beer.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

+$1,236 in today's trades (last 4)

My YTD is down since then (thanks SQQQ), but back on the right track today.
Ragoo
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I can't do this every day, but if you watch the market long enough, you can do this too.

Harry Wang took a major L today. Like $250K.
oof that name
cjo03
AG
envx up 11% after hours
djmeen95
AG
WWR call tomorrow dial in details in case anyone has time and interest in hearing the quarterly update:

Wes****er Resources, Inc. (NYSE American: WWR), a battery-grade, natural graphite development company ("Wes****er" or "the Company"), today announced it will hold a conference call to discuss its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2022, and will update investors on developments at its Kellyton Graphite Processing Plant in Coosa County, Alabama.

The call will be held on Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 11:00 am EDT.

DIAL-IN-NUMBERS
1-800-319-4610 (USA and Canada)
1-604-638-5340 (International )
Conference ID: Wes****er Resources Conference call
gougler08
AG
cjo03 said:

envx up 11% after hours
It just couldn't come down a bit more before launching?
YNWA_AG
AG
cjo03 said:

envx up 11% after hours

At least I held onto 75% of my calls today.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Thanks for sharing and we appreciate your offer to provide live updates to the board as the call progresses.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
So i just noticed goldman's stock price. I had some 340 calls that I bailed on early. Would have been 800%
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
techno-ag
AG
cjo03 said:

envx up 11% after hours
They were awarded a military contract for wearable batteries.
wanderer
Dang. Similar to the OA TTD 8/19 50c play. Sold all mine last week and today they were up ~700% today
irish pete ag06
AG
This is phenomenal!
Dan Scott
AG
Some key items from WWR 10Q:

Project expected to be completed end of 2Q 2023. They are waiting for 1 more permit before can proceed. They are working with a consultant to get some government money. 47M shares outstanding as of today. 36M shares outstanding end of 1Q. Spent $24M of budgeted $202M on project. $109M cash on balance sheet, no debt.

Completed drilling activity related to exploration program in April 2022 and expect to have resource model for graphite and vanadium by year-end. Provided their is material deposits, mining will begin in 2028.

We need government money.
lobwedgephil
Lake08 said:

Charts aren't the end all be all. That's where most people fail. They pay too much attention to them.
Chart is the chart, most people fail due to risk management.
FJ43
Love reading the thread at night. Keep it going!

I'm neck deep my M&A project. Only making 1-2 high probability trades a week but sure miss the all day game. I'll be back at it post exit.

Post some potential setups you degenerates and help drive by trader out a bit!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
lobwedgephil said:

Lake08 said:

Charts aren't the end all be all. That's where most people fail. They pay too much attention to them.
Chart is the chart, most people fail due to risk management.
This

It's not for everyone.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43

Trade I'm watching for tomorrow.

Push into 423ish to short next Friday expiry ATM or maybe -1 to -2.

Trade only.

Eliminatus
AG
FJ43 said:

Love reading the thread at night. Keep it going!

I'm neck deep my M&A project. Only making 1-2 high probability trades a week but sure miss the all day game. I'll be back at it post exit.

Post some potential setups you degenerates and help drive by trader out a bit!
Same. Trying to get into this world at least a little bit and of course we really started to ramp up at work for a certain contract that I am positive will pop up on a least a few of yalls radars....

Just not enough hours in the day...
Bird Poo
AG
Dan Scott said:

Project expected to be completed end of 2Q 2023. They are waiting for 1 more permit before can proceed. They are working with a consultant to get some government money. 47M shares outstanding as of today. 36M shares outstanding end of 1Q. Spent $24M of budgeted $202M on project. $109M cash on balance sheet, no debt.

Completed drilling activity related to exploration program in April 2022 and expect to have resource model for graphite and vanadium by year-end. Provided their is material deposits, mining will begin in 2028.

Has 2028 always been the year they projected to start mining? I thought it was supposed to be a couple of years from now.
GreasenUSA
AG
SPX 4227 will be the Model T 50% retracement from January high to June low. Just FYI.
YNWA_AG
AG
Bird Poo said:

Dan Scott said:

Has 2028 always been the year they projected to start mining? I thought it was supposed to be couple of years from now.

The graphite processing plant is supposed to be able to produce enough graphite for around 100k EVs a year in 2023.
AgCPA95
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Bird Poo said:

Dan Scott said:

Has 2028 always been the year they projected to start mining? I thought it was supposed to be couple of years from now.

The graphite processing plant is supposed to be able to produce enough graphite for around 100k EVs a year in 2023.
Correct, through sourced graphite. The 2028 plan to start actual mining goes back at least as far as the October 2020 business plan so sourcing up until mining local graphite has been in the works for some time.
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

Trade I'm watching for tomorrow.

Push into 423ish to short next Friday expiry ATM or maybe -1 to -2.

Trade only.

you'd hold some or all overnight right? I wiould think a decent pullback is coming from the 423 area. We might be there tomorrow, looking at futures.

thanks for checking in here brother!
wanderer
They just needed to borrow/hold all of our money for the next 6 years in order to make the mine a reality.
CheladaAg
AG
Brewmaster
AG
G Money said:

Long time lurker but this group has made me an above average trader. Similar to you, I was really knocking it down during the chop. Playing the reversal when things got extended, winning both ways.

Trend got me red a couple of days but have managed to stay green by doing a combination of all of these things:

1. Use stops. Just like 30k says. When I enter a trade, I immediately entered a stop at .70 percent of price. At the very least on a portion of the trade just to have an area to re-evaluate. When a trade goes green I move the stop up to not let it go red and enter another buy 10% below stop. You won't go broke limiting trades from going green to red and can average down and again use a stop to prevent anything going against you big.

2. I learned instead of doubling down to roll options and move both the target and extending the time frame on options. Just elongating the ability for the initial thesis of the trade to work.

3. Set a time limit. If my trade hasn't moved my way in 30 minutes, I get out of the trade.

4. Lastly and most importantly have a process you understand to enter a trade. Redler's above 8 and 21 play calls, below play puts. Mancini's levels on SPX. 30k's +/- 3 ATR and FJ43 saying stick to one type of trade until you can see it and understand it.

Hope this helps someone limit their losses to papercuts and increases your winning percentage on trades.

Happy trading!
I wanted to TTT this post. Outstanding stuff here, and I'd do better with discipline like this! I had to go back a few pages and find this.
irish pete ag06
AG
boyz05 said:

I like Burry's insight, but he seems permabearish.

Oh well, I'm biased to think he's right... I've got a large position I've been DCA'ing into in SQQQ and I'm positioned with sizable VIX calls in September.
Philip J Fry
AG
Anyone else on the SIGA train?
FJ43
Would depend if we get any dip into resistance and if so I'd trim or exit. Most likely hold some given a next Friday expiry. That would push it into +3 ATR with a week+ out to expiry.

Will probably add to my Sept 20 VIX 28c calls either way today.

FJ43

This is similar to what I'm watching for a trade.

59 South
AG
Holy $ENVX
gougler08
AG
59 South said:

Holy $ENVX

Had you started accumulating yet?
BaylorSpineGuy
SIX missed on their quarterly report and down 12%. Debated buying puts but just couldn't bring myself to play earnings. Oh well…

Congrats on ENVX!
First Page Last Page
Page 5611 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.