Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,035,437 Views | 231635 Replies | Last: 27 min ago by ProgN
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good. Was thinking I missed something along the way.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BaylorSpineGuy
Need AustinAg to clarify a few things.

Breaking headline just now that Bank of Japan offers to buy unlimited amount of bonds at fixed rates. Can someone please explain this? The moment this broke the SP futures dipped dramatically. Would appreciate some insight here.

Thanks
slacker00
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

The moment this broke the SP futures dipped dramatically.
Maybe zoom out on your chart a little bit?
BaylorSpineGuy
Lol was following on TradingView. Maybe dramatically is an overstatement but it was the longest candle of the night so far.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If this Bitcoin move holds those MARA short puts will be good
ProgN
PeekingDuck
AG
Doing whatever they can to get people to pay attention, I guess.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I want to know where Foggy is.

Yes, losing him and OA from posting here was a hit. I also really miss Third coast posting here. I know he needed to clear his social media presence, but he seemed like a really good guy.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
$30,000 Millionaire said:

If this Bitcoin move holds those MARA short puts will be good

Does OSTK still have a lot of bitcoin exposure? If so those may pop as well. I need to look that up!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
cptthunder said:

Everyone keep an eye out for when the Koch brothers start showing up on the $WWR major holdings releases… they might even be able to give the TexAgs holdings group a run for its money
https://t.co/kxH5ThMjfA

Quote:

The money comes at a crucial time for many of these companies, which need to spend heavily to commercialize their products. Koch appears to be focused on building up the battery industry in the U.S.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Yes I think so. The fundamentals on OSTK are outstanding.
Philip J Fry
AG

Trying the twitter thing this week for posting. Mostly because screenshots on my mac are .pngs as default and texags doesn't know how to deal with them.

First off,

SAVA. I bailed with a +20% return. Though, the MACD still suggests it will keep running to at least 47. I may buy back in if it dips back into the 30s. Until then, I'm not going to fomo. Until the 3rd phase is announced, I'm treating this stock like any other. It's in a bearish downtrend so you have to be careful with your entry points.

AMX: Sold for an ~9% profit. Trying to teach myself to be happy with this level of trading.

This weeks picks:
TTE
SUN
and if you want a lotto...PPSI. Look for the big green candle on a single day.

Other notes:
Watch our for DNN. Looks to me like it could make a run for 2.4 or so.

So far this year, I've taken my etrade account from 7.9k to 10.5k.

Here's a link to my screener: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17uJNteIul6k_Ex6pZS3QgFI2IhEvICWPjimCJllR0po/edit?usp=sharing

Will 6 edits do it? Nope, more like 13. I'm old.
FJ43
Mornun Gents!

US and Asia mixed
EU green
VIX 21.87

Back traveling so light trading for me. Just managing positions mostly.

Good luck this week and…..

Trade wisely!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

cctexagMD
AG
TSLA to $1055 in the premarket.
"I wanna go home with the Armadillo."- Gary P. Nunn
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BrokeAssAggie
BaylorSpineGuy
Gonna sell one 4/14 CMRE 20P (ITM) this morning in my small account. Gonna try get my average price around 16.50-16.80 if I can. Hoping to get assigned and then will carry the shares.

Pays small dividend but this company's EPS growth is bonkers right now and with Europe looking in other directions for their LNG in the future, I think this LNG shipping company has room to run.
austinAG90
AG
Wild Ride In Treasuries Overnight...Crushed and Reversed...5/30 Inverted 2006

It was a wild ride in treasuries overnight, as well as seeing the Japanese Yen crushed and more of the China Shutdown... While it may not look like it to those watching the screens at the moment, we saw 5 years go FROM 2.52 TO 2.67 and now back to 2.56... 10 years FROM 2.44 TO 2.553 and now back to 2.46...2 years to 2.41, now back to 2.31... And long bonds to 2.64, now back to 2.57... The 5/30 curve INVERTED FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 2006... We wonder how many bond people have never seen a 5/30 inversion as well as a full fledged bond bear market.

Asia... Not looking good for either Japan or China... The MOF is the last strong hold of QE and they will not give up... Their intransigence toward rates is crushing their currency, which is something they may want... We said if 122 dollar yen broke ,the door was open all the way to 1.50, it is currently 124, after hitting 125 overnight... China shut down more of their country, which has the double effect of making the supply chain worse on the negative, but sending oil prices lower on the positive. We see WTI down 5.5%... Our friends up north are starting to see gas prices lower... It is still about the same in Texas, 3.75-3.99.

Equities... Do not seem to care where treasury rates are going... And only care on how credit spreads are holding up... Corporate treasurers, to their advantage, have refinanced a good chunk of paper in 2021 and early 2022... IG is better today and within its recent range... We see HY out 23, but that includes a rebalancing... But we do not sense panic in the credit bond space as of yet... Liquidity remains poor...Equities bottomed overnight at 2.10 am and then have rallied up 32 points for the S+P, currently up 10. The S+P and Nasdaq have had a strong two weeks up 8.8 and 13% respectively... We have tried to emphasize that major Fed meetings, like March 16, are crucial for trend changes... And we have said the same thing for May 4...

Month end and quarter end reallocations will be a big event on Thursday...with unemployment looming Friday.. Remember it is also Japan year end... Where it used to be a big deal when we were at Nomura... Not so much now being at a regional.

Government bonds are on pace for their WORST YEAR SINCE 1949. According to Barron's, investors are looking for other places to invest money and those that do not have access to venture capital are allocating to equities... This will end at some point, but it is the current trend...Equities LIKE THE IDEA THAT THE FED IS FIGHTING INFLATION... BOND VIGILANTES ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE LACK OF FED INTERVENTION.... The Bank America Bull and Bear Indicator fell to EXTREME BEARISH for the first time since March 2020, you know what that means..

On Friday, we told you Citi upped their Fed increases to the next 4 meetings at 50 basis and then 25 for the remaining meetings... That was the reason for the sell off Friday.. Now Bank America has come out with a forecast that the Fed will keep raising rates until they hit 3-3.25% range... ... Expect pressure today as the Treasury auctions both 50 billion of 2 years and 51 billion of 5 years... Treasury liquidity is not good... And kudos to a Bank America strategist who predicted a yield curve flatter than a pancake... He had 2.25 across the board, looks more like 2.50... Bernstein was in Barron's saying the FAIR VALUE OF 10 YEARS IS 3.7%... Good luck to that...
AgShaun00
AG
$TSLA is up 55pts and Mara popping. Going to be a good day!
McInnis 03
AG
AgShaun00 said:

I need TSLA to chew between 1025 and 1075 for a few days....hate to be a damper.......I guess I'll be buying an upper level fly on a dip just to protect from a runaway.
AgShaun00
AG
let it push up to 1090 so i can sell and then pull back for you
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AgShaun00 said:

I need TSLA to chew between 1025 and 1075 for a few days....hate to be a damper.......I guess I'll be buying an upper level fly on a dip just to protect from a runaway.
You have a target in mind? Trying to figure out what to do with that fly.
McInnis 03
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

McInnis 03 said:

AgShaun00 said:

This is where it gets tricky. There should have been some pushback at both 1025 and then 1050 area but the gap smoked both. I'll look for a retest and then hopefully some consolidation. I also would think psy-1100 would be resistance too, but this is where we look to take a multiple and possibly move on.

The price we paid at entry was close to $5. If you bought multiple, trim and trail is a no-brainer. If you bought 1......well, this is where we define our trading haha.

TSLA can definitely hold it's own, but if the macros decide to dive, you have to think TSLA will follow suit. If it holds ground then any reversal could be grounds for a TSLA rocket.
Brewmaster
AG
Wow, nice work bud! I might join you on SUN
McInnis 03
AG

kyle field 94
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Gonna sell one 4/14 CMRE 20P (ITM) this morning in my small account. Gonna try get my average price around 16.50-16.80 if I can. Hoping to get assigned and then will carry the shares.

Pays small dividend but this company's EPS growth is bonkers right now and with Europe looking in other directions for their LNG in the future, I think this LNG shipping company has room to run.

Are you sure that they have lng ships? I did a quick look and all I see is that they have container ships

Lng has to be shipped on specially ships. Take a look at FLNG if you want a pure play lng shipping company
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

McInnis 03 said:

AgShaun00 said:

This is where it gets tricky. There should have been some pushback at both 1025 and then 1050 area but the gap smoked both. I'll look for a retest and then hopefully some consolidation. I also would think psy-1100 would be resistance too, but this is where we look to take a multiple and possibly move on.

The price we paid at entry was close to $5. If you bought multiple, trim and trail is a no-brainer. If you bought 1......well, this is where we define our trading haha.

TSLA can definitely hold it's own, but if the macros decide to dive, you have to think TSLA will follow suit. If it holds ground then any reversal could be grounds for a TSLA rocket.
Yeah, I also think of the recent split announcments (GOOG, AMZN, etc.). They had a one day pop and then pulled back. Feels like TSLA should do the same but it's a stupid stock too.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
50K:

Sell CWH 29 call for $0.76
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice candle on ROKU.
FJ43
Net free on MSFT calls.

McInnis 03
AG
Tech is blistering hot right now. SP lagging comparatively.
spud1910
AG
FJ43 said:

Net free on MSFT calls.
Me too. Thanks for the heads up last week.
FJ43
FJ43 said:

Net free on MSFT calls.

Set trails on balance. I set mine wide to lock in a solid trade but hopefully not get tagged. Can't babysit this one.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
FJ43 said:

Net free on MSFT calls.

I'm being greedy. I put my net free plus order to $4.05 during the premarket. Let's see if the works out for me.

I edited that order and got out at $3.10. Still net free. I left an additional 10% on the table for not selling at the peak, but I wanted to give it a little more room to run. It's a small portion size.
McInnis 03
AG
SPY last week's high $.08 higher than the high SPY just hit. If we break that high could make for fun run.
Spoony Love
AG
Yeah it could be fun time if it breaks that level. Being held back right now but maybe we see it run after the opening 30.
First Page Last Page
Page 5231 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.