Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,035,013 Views | 231635 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by ProgN
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I do like that the mods here don't say anything when I bypass the filters and put choice words in charts.

Whoever the mod is for this thread is pretty cool.

You're not so bad yourself
bwahaha, just saw this. Mod chatting back to 30k the legend.

ProgN

I do like that the mods here don't say anything when I bypass the filters and put choice words in charts.

Whoever the mod is for this thread is pretty cool.

You're not so bad yourself

This is great and agreed this board's mod does a good job and not thrown in with my *****ing about F16 moderation.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
That's epic!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Now we just need to get you and irish b&i immunity regardless of your indiscretions on f16, and all will be right with the world
ProgN
That'd be cool but Irish is still pissed and said he's not posting on TA again last time I talked to him. I hope he cools off and at least comes back to this thread. Losing OA on here was a gut punch and losing additional people with experience sucks. Different approaches shared by seasoned traders/investors helps others that are at the beginning of their journey.
Jet Black
The viewing room, or whatever they call in at Guinness, where you get the free Guinness, is amazing. 360 views of Dublin.
ProgN
That's the bar at the top I suggested he go to and yes it's really nice.
Jet Black
ProgN said:

That's the bar at the top I suggested he go to and yes it's really not nice.

Ah, my bad, didn't see your post, and yes sir, very nice. I'm disappointed I didn't visit Jameson.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Oa is off texags? Like for good? I thought he was just busy lately
Jet Black
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I don't think permanently.

Unrelated, not saying they are right or wrong, but I know quite a few Aggies that quit posting here because of the moderation.
ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna said:

He comes back sporadically but he's building his Twitter followers. Unfortunately, I can't follow him on Twitter.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ah i was reading into it that he had left as a statement or protest or something. I appreciate that he drops in once in a while. He definitely laid a foundation here for a lot of us
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Why not?
ProgN
Twitter banned all 5 of my accounts and I ran out of phone numbers and IP addresses.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I want to know where Foggy is.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
ProgN said:

Twitter banned all 5 of my accounts and I ran out of phone numbers and IP addresses.

What the hell are you saying?!?
Ragoo
AG

I want to know where Foggy is.
good question
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Don't answer that prog, don't want you getting sent away at a time like this!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
He's an outstanding trader.
ProgN

ProgN said:

What the hell are you saying?!?

I didn't say anything threatening but I did get into it with progressives. I didn't know that Twitter was run by them, that was my mistake. My bans occurred way before the purge of wrong think on their platform. I've mellowed somewhat since then.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I just view it as a bad use of time to argue with random people on the internet. I'm not going to change their mind and it's probably informed by their child hood trauma / life experiences / life circumstances.

I also recognize that one of the hardest things for people to do is admit that they're wrong. They will go to the grave before they admit they're wrong and ironically some of the most firmly held positions people have are developed from emotional stimuli vs facts.
ProgN
You're 100% correct. Controlling my emotions has always been hard for me but I'm getting better. Ironically I was able to remove emotion from trading, which eliminated so many mistakes and benefited me greatly, at a much younger age. I wish I'd have applied that to everything at the same time. If I had, I'm confident that I'd be a better man now. I'm improving in that area though.
mazag08
AG
Jet Black
Twitter
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I can't stop thinking about elon's post on Friday about twitter and freedom of speech or whatever it was. I bought a couple june (i believe) lotto spreads. He could hostile takeover twtr then take it private. Probably a way better use of his bandwidth than trying to build a new platform and steal market share from twitter. Dude believes in free speech and information flow as indicated by him parking starlink satellites over ukraine the day after the invasion. Really not that unfathomable to think he would take over twitter and keep it open as a philanthropic mission
cptthunder
Everyone keep an eye out for when the Koch brothers start showing up on the $WWR major holdings releases… they might even be able to give the TexAgs holdings group a run for its money
https://t.co/kxH5ThMjfA
ProgN
Well one of them died so I doubt he'll be involved.
PeekingDuck
AG
All the more reason to keep an eye out. If the dead one shows up we know we're really in trouble.
BrokeAssAggie
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
BTI

Post quote below from February 16th, Page 5047
Quote:

For BTI followers, it's been a nice run over last 60 days and I do not see it slowing, but likely needs a breather. A couple of analysts have a $52.99 Price Target on BTI. I think it's $60, been saying it's $60 and staying with $60. Albeit, I wouldn't ignore those analysts and their $53 number. At a $53 price I may look at selling $60 Calls or wait. At a $60 price I'll sell 35% of the position. I'll take the profit and invest in something else. I am very over weight at $60 and would trim. It's a great stock, great investment.

Post below from article March 24th. (40.00 Pounds Sterling = $52.76) JP Morgan confirms, it appears Farmer is finally going to pull one out of his .....
Quote:

British American Tobacco new Price target 40.00(in Pounds Sterling) (NYSE:$BTI) is on watch after JPMorgan turned bullish with an upgrade to an Overweight rating from Neutral.
Analyst Jared Dinges and team noted that BTI's strong execution in cigarettes is driving share gains and said the tobacco giant is a true multi-category player in next generation products.
"It's three-pronged NGP approach that is well placed to take advantage of Vapor's transition towards profitability and the rapidly improving Vapor margin profile fundamentally changes our view on the speed at which BAT will be able to reach breakeven for its NGP business as a whole (now FY24e with upside risk vs FY25 target). Supported by SBB and improving Vapor profitability we believe double-digit MT EPS growth for BAT is now well underpinned."
While visibility on British American Tobacco (BTI) may be somewhat limited near-term due to regulatory wildcards like the FDA proposed rule on menthol cigarettes and a potential guidance cut following Russia exit, those factors are seen priced in and any near-term weakness is expected to be more than offset by the underlying strength of the business over the mid-term.

BTI - still a great opportunity. Yahoo Finance published a BTI announcement yesterday that the Dividend is being increased to 6.6% (and shown as $0.54 Pounds Sterling) of current stock price as of August 17th. Maybe I screwed up the math, but that translates to US$0.71. The current dividend is US$0.735 or 2 cents more....so, I have something off or the article has something off. Probably me..

Bird Poo
AG
ProgN said:

That'd be cool but Irish is still pissed and said he's not posting on TA again last time I talked to him. I hope he cools off and at least comes back to this thread. Losing OA on here was a gut punch and losing additional people with experience sucks. Different approaches shared by seasoned traders/investors helps others that are at the beginning of their journey.

Wait, was OA banned????
ProgN
No, he just posts his play on his Twitter account now.
BaylorSpineGuy
Found CMRE last night. LNG shipping company. Emerging from deep cup and handle formation.

Does this look like a good move here? Best way to play it? LEAPS, shorter dates options, or shares? It does pay a small dividend.
FJ43
ProgN said:

No, he just posts his play on his Twitter account now.
Ok I'm lost. I totally missed OA having an issue with TA. I follow and interact with him on Twitter and just assumed his absence had more to do with selling his company the past 6-8 months than anything.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ProgN
Everyone is interpreting this all wrong. OA doesn't have any issue with TexAgs. His focus and attention with his trading advice is focused on Twitter. He continues to pop in here from time to time but it requires a lot of time to post in both places. He's building his Twitter followers but it's not because of any issues with TexAgs. Twitter is his preferred focus right now. I hope that clears it up for everyone.
First Page Last Page
Page 5230 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.