Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,037,415 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I agree with you. I'm a long time PYPL user. I don't own an iPhone. I think pay technology is headed toward AAPL model. I think the chips are down for PYPL unless they change their model to be more like where AAPL is headed. ... Side note: if you haven't seen/read or heard, Kroger/Ohio is using grocery carts with scanning technology screen attached to cart push handle "scan as you go" and pay in route to the store front to complete bagging if bags are not already in the cart. Takes scanning aisles out of the store and puts more square footage back in revenue producing capacity.
FTAG 2000
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

AG 2000' said:

Man, AMZN. Poking around the option tree they really juiced the crap out of the puts after FB's cratering last night.

Trying to find a good put spread for tomorrow but bleh.
All options are juiced with this volatility. It isn't just AMZN
I was looking down around the 2600-2700 area.

Those puts were 6-7 yesterday and are up 50-60 today.

Is that normal? Granted I haven't messed with AMZN lottos around earning before, but that seems excessive.
Brewmaster
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

I agree with you. I'm a long time PYPL user. I don't own an iPhone. I think pay technology is headed toward AAPL model. I think the chips are down for PYPL unless they change their model to be more like where AAPL is headed. ... Side note: if you haven't seen/read or heard, Kroger/Ohio is using grocery carts with scanning technology screen attached to cart push handle "scan as you go" and pay in route to the store front to complete bagging if bags are not already in the cart. Takes scanning aisles out of the store and puts more square footage back in revenue producing capacity.
Gab is also coming out with a PYPL competitor, GabPay...they are testing it now and reports are positive. There are millions of Gab users (think conservative twitter with free speech).
FTAG 2000
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

AG 2000' said:

Bought PINS 2/4 23Ps for earnings play.

Hero or zero.
Hate to say it, but don't see this going hero for you...

Thanks. They are up 15% since I bought. Just going to set a trailing stop and let it roll. Maybe keep a runner into close.
SF2004
AG
Anyone buying PYPL here?

It looks like a really good entry point.
Irish 2.0
AG 2000' said:

Irish 2.0 said:

AG 2000' said:

Man, AMZN. Poking around the option tree they really juiced the crap out of the puts after FB's cratering last night.

Is that normal? Granted I haven't messed with AMZN lottos around earning before, but that seems excessive.
It is down 200pts and ER is AMC. It is very normal for that type of juice. Beta stock ERs are juiced to the max. The implied move for AMZN ER is ~175pts.
Irish 2.0
SF2004 said:

Anyone buying PYPL here?

It looks like a really good entry point.
Nope... PYPL can still see lower. Their conference call notes sucked ass. I'll entertain an entry at 100
Brewmaster
AG
SPY HOD, yeeeehaw!

BaylorSpineGuy
A real degenerate could consider the 2200P for 2/18. It's around 6.00 right now. I imagine a decent move would still trigger movement at that price, but that company is too rich for my blood.
Irish 2.0
BaylorSpineGuy said:

A real degenerate could consider the 2200P for 2/18. It's around 6.00 right now. I imagine a decent move would still trigger movement at that price, but that company is too rich for my blood.
I think they would have to lose 300pts minimum to profit on that. AMZN is not a company to lotto ER on.
Spoony Love
AG
I'm playing F earning with $17.5P. Risky because I am sure there will be lots of EV talk, but car sales seem to be slowing down and AMZN is announcing as well. Small size lotto.
Ranger222
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

I think they would have to lose 300pts minimum to profit on that. AMZN is not a company to lotto ER on.

The time to buy those puts was yesterday, not today. I tried buying those exacts puts for .25 yesterday but couldn't get the fill. It's killing me today because I would taken the money and ran this morning.

Calls are up as well....was looking at 4000 C with sentiment now favoring a negative reaction but as Irish said the volatility is driving up the price -- you're going to get killed either way unless there is an extremely exaggerated move which just is not probable at this point
Irish 2.0
FB took the exaggerated move out of them. Even a good ER isn't what it could be if it wasn't for FB
BaylorSpineGuy
H&S on QQQ. Loss of 359 and she may run down a touch.
Max Stonetrail
AG 2000' said:

Irish 2.0 said:

AG 2000' said:

I am guessing you are looking at 2/18s?

If you look at the Delta, they are in the .30ish range. With AMZN down $180, multiply that by 0.30 and that is $54. So, $50-60 move is in line with that type of move according to the Delta.

Another way I look at Delta is that I can expect my option to move that much per $1 change in the stock price. If I am looking for a day trade for a significant move in the stock, I find an option whose price I like in the .45 - .55 range, depending on how much I want to spend. The option is going to move around $0.50 per $1.00 move in the stock.

Also keep in mind as the Stock moves closer or farther away from the Strike Price, the Delta will go up (closer) and down (farther).

ETA: TL;DR: Yes. And not specific to AMZN. I think all the pros are light years ahead on this trade already.

Ragoo
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

H&S on QQQ. Loss of 359 and she may run down a touch.
lets do it!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
you have to lean bear here. losing 4505 is bad for bulls.
BaylorSpineGuy
Speaking of H&S, look at the pattern nearly completely formed on the DJIA. It looks very bearish.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I have gotten a couple PMs on why I like TGH.

simply put, it's a bullish setup. Cup and handle pattern in a squeeze and poised for an ATH breakout. Is it guaranteed? Of course not. Is it the type of setup I look for? YES

Touchless
AG
Haven't ventured over there in a long time. Mostly since I moved out here in 2008. New to Parker specifically this past year though. Way better out here than it was in Denver.
ProgN
Irish 2.0 said:

The Bear Cave just came out with a short report on RBLX
It's a coordinated short attack, similar to SAVA, because now all the blood sucking law firms are filing class action suits. I really hate those ****ers.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I have gotten a couple PMs on why I like TGH.

simply put, it's a bullish setup. Cup and handle pattern in a squeeze and poised for an ATH breakout. Is it guaranteed? Of course not. Is it the type of setup I look for? YES

you all are free to take the trade or not.

I would probably cut at $34. That would be $500 risk on the 100 shares bought.
59 South
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Touchless - your location is -12 with a Real Feel of -5...? I'll take that. .... Maybe I read that wrong. We are -4 with a Real Feel of -19. We are warmer today, yea! Yesterday, north wind here was a real mfer.

ProgN - Forgot to mention in that agriculture writeup yesterday that Europe instituted/legislated/whatever law taking a lot of ag production land back into a natural prairie setting for ecological reasons of saving the environment. By 2030, Europe, specifically UK, will be a net importer of food. They have never been in that position before. Today, surplus food goes mostly to China. There will be a real battle for who gets fed properly in the next few years. Things are changing. Maybe 59South has picked up more or better info on this topic to comment.

AMZN, if they decide to split the shares tonight, I'd be okay with that!

Lastly,....Fed aint gonna raise no rates.
Not my area of expertise at all. But the UK is already down that road with energy. Almost impossible for new offshore developments in North Sea. Every time it even comes up, it causes a huge political sh*t storm. They're selling fools gold to the local herd that wind and solar can fully replace O&G for UK energy demand and replace all the North Sea and manufacturing jobs that will be lost creating a 'Britain is back to lead the world into the next century' utopia. And oddly enough, the Scottish and Welsh lots seem to be pushing harder than the English.

As far food goes, Brexit has really changed the supply chain over the past few years. Less mainland Euro, more local British, plus more American food coming in. So I'm a bit surprised and haven't heard anything about 'repurposing' farm land in the name of environmental virtue signaling. Actually anecdotally it seems more 'buy British' and support our local farmers type agenda. But that could just be Brexit backer political propaganda to get votes.

And then there's the drama around the fishing industry. There's a large contingent for supporting fishing in a sustainable and responsible way, and then there's the anti fishing contingent, and then there's the fighting over EU fishing boats fishing British waters. British drama is the norm.

I meant this response to be about 2-3 sentences but got carried away. Not really the forum but does have global market impact. You chaps need to come over so we can have these conversations at the pub!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
4505 held once again.
Irish 2.0
QQQ likely headed for ~354.50 if it can't get back in the 60min BB
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$KO is literally the same setup as $TGH.

$KO is one of the most stable companies in the world and pays a dividend. A brotha's gotta eat as a good friend of mine tells me on occasion. We cut at like $59. $200 risk. Big whoop.
Diggity
AG
WWR still down due to tax loss harvesting? I can't keep track
wanderer
Sliced right through ORL.
59 South
AG
In other news, $TRIT just got delisted. I sold all my shares OTC as soon as I could after open for 80 cents. It was always a pure spec play with me accepting that it had a good chance to be a zero over hero, but still stings. It is why those spec plays should be kept small. Getting my tax loss selling going early this year

If you own any, get the F out cause it has about a 1% chance of coming back now and 99% chance of bleeding out to bankruptcy or true reverse split penny stock stuff. So if you can get a few hundred bucks back out of it, do it and yolo some weekly options or something.

New ticker is $TRIRF btw.
Spoony Love
AG
Gotta think it will get tight back in that channel though. At least that's my hope. I'm still in the $456C lotto since I stepped away from the desk for a minute.
Brewmaster
AG
SPY megaphone down if you include premarket action. Wish i had seen it earlier, wouldve played puts. Needs to recover here or dumps down and out the megaphone.
Spoony Love
AG
Market may be setting up for a AMZN miss.
BrokeAssAggie
Time for the lunch bounce
Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

SPY megaphone down if you include premarket action. Wish i had seen it earlier, wouldve played puts. Needs to recover here or dumps down and out the megaphone.

447 is roughly bottom of pattern
aggie_fan13
AG
Lmao FB sucks
First Page Last Page
Page 4971 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.