Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,039,118 Views | 231645 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by ProgN
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SF2004 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I took some FB leaps. FB didn't lose 1/4 of it's value overnight and I hate Zuckerberg

Size buyers in weekly 250 and 260 for FB too.
In a situation like this how do you determine a price target.

I think there is up side from this sell off, but how much?
I took a handful of the Jan 23 $500C at 1.65. My sell is set at ~3.5.
Max Stonetrail
Max Stonetrail said:

Entered AMD 2/18 122 Calls for $5.25.

I think the open yesterday showed what people are willing to pay and in a sea of good stocks with bad news, this is a good stock with good news.

And I will likely be out of these today. Chose a forward strike "just in case". But tomorrow's jobs look to be ugly, and I don't think this correction is enough to satisfy the lurking bears.
Out at $7.25. That was a quick ~ 40%.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Spy 351C. Stop 2.6

This moved fast

Move your stop to $3.5 and let it roll.
Spoony Love
AG
SPY trying to stay above the ORH. I like it.
cptthunder
cptthunder said:

Picked up a Feb4 AAPL 177.5C that i plan to hold overnight with the break of the ORH here

This didnt age well quickly...

Edit2: Hanging in there continue on haha
Got to break even on this and walked away. Ill take that as a win
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Got stopped. That was some selling. Well, easy 20%
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$50K account. Bought 100 shares of TGH
ProgN
I bot RBLX AT 62 ato
ProgN
NVDA wants to go green
BaylorSpineGuy
Feel like this is important. May be slowing demand in our economy.
Boban
4&T said:

McInnis 03 said:

Was this posted here or did I see this in an RT? If repetitive, I"m sorry, I lose track.....

SNAP idea.....

You can buy shares and sell a 2/4 call against them for 2.70. Entry at 23.51 or get called out. Not bad imo.
Be cautious if you do this. Premium is pretty good but earnings after hours today. Same with PINS. I'm fine holding these long term with entry prices around here.
Irish 2.0
The Bear Cave just came out with a short report on RBLX
ProgN
Irish 2.0 said:

The Bear Cave just came out with a short report on RBLX
Just perfect
BrokeAssAggie
AMD forming a little bull flag.. picking up some $128 lottos
Tumble Weed
LMCane said:

What is everyone picking up for a long term hold today?

I bought META in after hours last night and again this morning.

SOFI
ARKK
ARKG
IWM
IYW
ENPHASE

I am focusing on buying low so picking up additional shares from beaten down stocks where my cost basis continues to drop. most of the ones I am buying are at a 20% discount from 52 week highs.

what is everyone else doing in the long term arena?

This is what my formula told me to buy this morning. I deleted a few results because I didn't trust the computer and disagreed. I will own all of these for at least a year.

COO
COF
DFS
MRNA
GS
SYF
C
ZION
RF
JPM
IVZ
BRK.B
KEY
CINF
CMA
CFG
TROW
HOLX
BEN
USB
FITB
BAC
WFC
INTC
CE
PBCT
WY
TFC
CB
MS
MU
GILD
STT
QRVO
WTW
AMP

I bought some FB this morning because I like to buy it when it tanks, but it wasn't identified by my program.

Texags told me to buy CLOV a while back. I keep it in my portfolio just to remind myself not to do stupid sheyat without looking at the numbers first.

*not a professional trader, just a computer programmer*

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Buying a lotto size 456C on SPY
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It's clearly sit and wait time. Market is waiting for amazon.

Premiums are too high to play naked options.
Spoony Love
AG
Good call, I got in a little early and now waiting for it to turn green. Trend here looks up to me.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am buying 100 shares of KO in the 50K account
Maximus_Meridius
AG

It's clearly sit and wait time. Market is waiting for amazon.

Premiums are too high to play naked options.
Agreed. I might do a 2/4 strangle closer to closing just to lotto play it.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Touchless - your location is -12 with a Real Feel of -5...? I'll take that. .... Maybe I read that wrong. We are -4 with a Real Feel of -19. We are warmer today, yea! Yesterday, north wind here was a real mfer.

ProgN - Forgot to mention in that agriculture writeup yesterday that Europe instituted/legislated/whatever law taking a lot of ag production land back into a natural prairie setting for ecological reasons of saving the environment. By 2030, Europe, specifically UK, will be a net importer of food. They have never been in that position before. Today, surplus food goes mostly to China. There will be a real battle for who gets fed properly in the next few years. Things are changing. Maybe 59South has picked up more or better info on this topic to comment.

AMZN, if they decide to split the shares tonight, I'd be okay with that!

Lastly,....Fed aint gonna raise no rates.
Ags2013
AG
Not a great pattern today on WWR
FTAG 2000
AG
Bought PINS 2/4 23Ps for earnings play.

Hero or zero.
BrokeAssAggie
BrokeAssAggie said:

AMD forming a little bull flag.. picking up some $128 lottos

Trimming here to go net free
ProgN
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Touchless - your location is -12 with a Real Feel of -5...? I'll take that. .... Maybe I read that wrong. We are -4 with a Real Feel of -19. We are warmer today, yea! Yesterday, north wind here was a real mfer.

ProgN - Forgot to mention in that agriculture writeup yesterday that Europe instituted/legislated/whatever law taking a lot of ag production land back into a natural prairie setting for ecological reasons of saving the environment. By 2030, Europe, specifically UK, will be a net importer of food. They have never been in that position before. Today, surplus food goes mostly to China. There will be a real battle for who gets fed properly in the next few years. Things are changing. Maybe 59South has picked up more or better info on this topic to comment.

All part of the great reset and depopulation is at the top of that insidious agenda. These *******s are evil to their core and I once thought the populous would rise up and kill them but covid has proven that the majority of people are fearful sheep that will await their slaughter.
Brewmaster
AG

I like it. volume was declining, but we should get an oversold bounce soon.
JDTxAg98
AG

I did the same thought but on the 457 for 2/7 exp
Irish 2.0
AG 2000' said:

Bought PINS 2/4 23Ps for earnings play.

Hero or zero.
Hate to say it, but don't see this going hero for you...
Ragoo
AG
ProgN said:

All part of the great reset and depopulation is at the top of that insidious agenda. These *******s are evil to their core and I once thought the populous would rise up and kill them but covid has proven that the majority of people are fearful sheep that will await their slaughter.
to be fair, the earths population has something like 7x over the last 150 years. That isn't sustainable.
Dan Scott
AG
To take a tax loss I sold my WWR, but then sold $2.50 puts for February. It got exercised
FTAG 2000
AG
Man, AMZN. Poking around the option tree they really juiced the crap out of the puts after FB's cratering last night.

Trying to find a good put spread for tomorrow but bleh.
Spoony Love
AG
Ragoo said:

ProgN said:

to be fair, the earths population has something like 7x over the last 150 years. That isn't sustainable.
62strat
AG
Touchless said:

McInnis 03 said:

My backyard weather station looks exactly like yesterday's futures chart

Don't have a chart, but mine reflects my day gain/loss…

woah I'm in Parker co. Never noticed if you're on the Denver thread.
Irish 2.0
AG 2000' said:

Man, AMZN. Poking around the option tree they really juiced the crap out of the puts after FB's cratering last night.

Trying to find a good put spread for tomorrow but bleh.
All options are juiced with this volatility. It isn't just AMZN
wanderer
Ags2013 said:

First Page Last Page
Page 4970 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.