Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,039,251 Views | 231645 Replies | Last: 33 min ago by ProgN
SECAg13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Max Stonetrail said:

McInnis 03 said:

Max Stonetrail said:

Beware of trying to catch a falling knife.
That's what diamond hands are for.
Good one! Or Kevlar. DD (Dupont) anyone?

DuPont hasn't done anything in the last 2 years despite 2021 being a record revenue year for many chemical companies.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

That being said, I'm longer than Ron Jeremy on FB right now, so ignore me.

Good luck. I think 220s
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

TicTop indicator showing strong negative signal, weary of longs here on SPY/QQQ
I see lots of selling despite sideways VIX, not good
Max Stonetrail
SECAg13 said:

Max Stonetrail said:

McInnis 03 said:

Max Stonetrail said:

Beware of trying to catch a falling knife.
That's what diamond hands are for.
Good one! Or Kevlar. DD (Dupont) anyone?

DuPont hasn't done anything in the last 2 years despite 2021 being a record revenue year for many chemical companies.
Yes, To be clear, that was not a recommendation!
Irish 2.0
I took some FB leaps. FB didn't lose 1/4 of it's value overnight and I hate Zuckerberg

Size buyers in weekly 250 and 260 for FB too.
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

McInnis 03 said:

Good luck. I think 220s
24 hours or less on this.
Max Stonetrail
Entered AMD 2/18 122 Calls for $5.25.

I think the open yesterday showed what people are willing to pay and in a sea of good stocks with bad news, this is a good stock with good news.

And I will likely be out of these today. Chose a forward strike "just in case". But tomorrow's jobs look to be ugly, and I don't think this correction is enough to satisfy the lurking bears.
Saltyag15
AG
What do y'all feel is the long term outlook for PYPL? They took an even bigger hit than FB, and they are down another 4% today. I'm the proud effing owner of a few shares at $175...trying to decide if I just let it ride and see what happens, or if I should average down here.

I feel like some of PYPL's market has been taken over by some new companies as technology advances in electronic money transfers. But they are still the biggest player here. They are still profitable, and their PE compared to other big tech is average, or below.
BaylorSpineGuy
Opened a March 18 420P on SPY.
LMCane
What is everyone picking up for a long term hold today?

I bought META in after hours last night and again this morning.

SOFI
ARKK
ARKG
IWM
IYW
ENPHASE

I am focusing on buying low so picking up additional shares from beaten down stocks where my cost basis continues to drop. most of the ones I am buying are at a 20% discount from 52 week highs.

what is everyone else doing in the long term arena?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Saltyag15 said:

What do y'all feel is the long term outlook for PYPL? They took an even bigger hit than FB, and they are down another 4% today. I'm the proud effing owner of a few shares at $175...trying to decide if I just let it ride and see what happens, or if I should average down here.

I feel like some of PYPL's market has been taken over by some new companies as technology advances in electronic money transfers. But they are still the biggest player here. They are still profitable, and their PE compared to other big tech is average, or below.

I think the point the market is making is PayPal is now a financial stock vs a growth stock. They're not going out of business. Just let them bottom out.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I will consider pick ups later today. I don't think the sell is over.
LMCane
Saltyag15 said:

I have never owned Paypal but bought two shares this morning!

why not? a few hundred bucks and if it just gets back to where it was earlier this year, we make a 30% return.
LMCane

I will consider pick ups later today. I don't think the sell is over.

what are you looking at?
SECAg13
AG
Anybody looking at Amazon for a long term hold here? It about 25% below the 52w high. Supply chain impacts are definitely a concern but that doesn't impact AWS as much as the retail side.
Irish 2.0
Saltyag15 said:

They have a target on their back from AAPL. Look at anytime you checkout on your phone from a website. Use your AAPL card, takes 10secs, and you get cashback. PayPal checkout has to bring you to their website authentication and you're just using a credit card you have saved with them or cash balance you have.

I don't think they'll just disappear, but I don't like where they are compared to the competition
McInnis 03
AG
Was this posted here or did I see this in an RT? If repetitive, I"m sorry, I lose track.....

SNAP idea.....

Triple_Bagger

I am going to read $FB's earnings release this evening and probably listen to their transcript. I think I want to add this to the $50K account.
What did you think of the transcript? Still considering buying?
LMCane

This is really no man's land. You have to be bearish leaning right now until recapture of 4540 area. Amazon tonight and other things. Only a split saves them.

May not be worth doing anything. Irish is right about the IB period.

Amazon reports after hours- 12 hours before most likely an awful jobs report.

that could be blood in the water for Biden tomorrow!
Saltyag15
AG
Thanks to all who replied. I agree with each of your points.

Irish, I couldn't agree more with your specific example. There are new players entering the game that seem to offer a quicker, easier transaction. That is a little bit of a concern. I forsee PayPal making some changes to combat that soon.
BrokeAssAggie
AMD moving up
McInnis 03
AG

I am going to read $FB's earnings release this evening and probably listen to their transcript. I think I want to add this to the $50K account.
For you and Triple Bagger....

Boban
McInnis 03 said:

Was this posted here or did I see this in an RT? If repetitive, I"m sorry, I lose track.....

SNAP idea.....

You can buy shares and sell a 2/4 call against them for 2.70. Entry at 23.51 or get called out. Not bad imo.
Max Stonetrail
LMCane said:

What is everyone picking up for a long term hold today?

I bought META in after hours last night and again this morning.

SOFI
ARKK
ARKG
IWM
IYW
ENPHASE

I am focusing on buying low so picking up additional shares from beaten down stocks where my cost basis continues to drop. most of the ones I am buying are at a 20% discount from 52 week highs.

what is everyone else doing in the long term arena?

AMD - $160 is he 52 week. It is right about about 20-25%
BT1395
AG
SECAg13 said:

Anybody looking at Amazon for a long term hold here? It about 25% below the 52w high. Supply chain impacts are definitely a concern but that doesn't impact AWS as much as the retail side.
I've owned it since $333 and can't envision a scenario in which I'm selling for quite some time. It's not like they've stopped growing or some technology has made them obsolete or something. The only arrows you can shoot at them is if AWS doesn't continue growing at the same rate and/or if they continue reinvesting profits into their growth (which is what Bezos did for years to build the monster instead of maximizing short-term EPS) which causes some to get impatient with them.

I've wanted a split for a long time now, but Bezos seemed to always gravitate towards the Buffett model of aiming to attract a different breed/class of investor. We'll see if the new regime goes a different path. If so, game on for the stock price...
Triple_Bagger
BaylorSpineGuy said:

RGS, the little engine that didn't, but could!

Earnings beat! Only lost .06, not .12. Let's goooo!!!!
Revenue continues to shrink but expenses are shrinking faster. Interested to see where this is in a year. I have a small position.
McInnis 03
AG
FB testing ORH here. Fly, you freaky liberal machine, FLY.

(someone is sitting fat on 50000 shares for sale at 249.87 (9, 8, 7......really Mr Billioionaire?))
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BrokeAssAggie
T showing some strength today
wanderer
If I'm understanding 'backside of the ModelT' correctly, this is what we're looking at.

It seems like today's support is right at our ModelT of 450.37.

$SPY
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Spy 351C. Stop 2.6
SF2004
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I took some FB leaps. FB didn't lose 1/4 of it's value overnight and I hate Zuckerberg

Size buyers in weekly 250 and 260 for FB too.
In a situation like this how do you determine a price target.

I think there is up side from this sell off, but how much?
H-town ag
AG
Lots of red bars on WWR today? I don't get it? Sometimes it tracks with TSLA and other EV plays, not today.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

Spy 351C. Stop 2.6

This moved fast
BrokeAssAggie
AMD green
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Impressive considering it's 30 degrees and sleeting right now. Hell, I'm more like a frightened turtle.
First Page Last Page
Page 4969 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.