Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,880 Views | 231664 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by I bleed maroon
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Philip J Fry said:

I've been doing the same reflecting over the break. I decided that I wasn't selling into uptrends enough.

It's not easy balancing work life with trading. I remember the big red candle day starting out green and by the end of he day it was majorly red like the rest of the market. I expected it to bounce back, but didn't. Your consecutive loss rule would have caught that. Now I'm trying to decide if I just ride it out. The MACD, says to sell, but it's a lagging indicator and I think we've found out support at 18 again,
I would be careful with it.

There's a volume shelf at 18, then a gap down to 16.94ish that could get filled quick. Next support after that really isn't until 15ish.

They're in a good space and I'm looking for an opportunity to get back in the macros scream caution right now.

FTAG 2000
AG
Spoony Love said:

Spoony Love said:

If we stay between SPY $446-447 through noon, those $443P today expiry will look very attractive.
May have missed this opportunity at this posting. Would have been in at .52, they are sitting at almost 1.50
This just feels like it wants to test the 200 DEMA. Whether it's today or next week, I don't think the bottom is in yet.

We already got the 200 SMA today, so that's out of the way, but that 200DEMA is so close I think they have to give it a go.
Engine10
AG
Tight stops hit, no loss. ASO still active
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Diggity said:

Agree with you on Netflix. You just have to look at the "Top 10" list anymore to see they're scraping the bottom of the barrel on content.

My only doubt is how "buzzy" the DISC content is. HBOMax has great content, but it's not organized well.
^ That's where Michael Zaslav and John Malone come in - to straighten out all that is "off". I guarantee you, the other competitors see the same thing I see. Competitors will spend to upgrade, or get efficient, or look for a new strategy or or buy WB/D. Either way, that industry will undergo some painful change in 2022.

The only thing that can screw this WB/D deal from happening is the U.S. DOJ. The European DOJ equivalent has approved the WB/D deal. And, Congress has already said they want this investigated as they believe it is a monopoly. Remember, it was Congress that didn't want AT&T to buy Time Warner and now it's Congress that don't want them to sell it. .... What a joke. I guess Nancy is long NFLX.
McInnis 03
AG
VIX intraday lower high.....
Spoony Love
AG
AG 2000' said:

Spoony Love said:

Spoony Love said:

If we stay between SPY $446-447 through noon, those $443P today expiry will look very attractive.
May have missed this opportunity at this posting. Would have been in at .52, they are sitting at almost 1.50
This just feels like it wants to test the 200 DEMA. Whether it's today or next week, I don't think the bottom is in yet.

We already got the 200 SMA today, so that's out of the way, but that 200DEMA is so close I think they have to give it a go.

200EMA just south of $439?
FTAG 2000
AG
Our little NNOX has put in two days in a row of higher closes in the midst of this chaos. Yes, I know today isn't done yet.

FTAG 2000
AG
Spoony Love said:

AG 2000' said:

Spoony Love said:

Spoony Love said:

Yeah, I've got 438.97.

OutlawAG04
Spoony Love said:

AG 2000' said:

Spoony Love said:

Spoony Love said:

I'm showing 200 EMA is 438.97. This is going back and forth on intraday model T right now. It is going to pick a direction.
McInnis 03
AG

Philip J Fry
AG
AG 2000' said:

Philip J Fry said:

I've been doing the same reflecting over the break. I decided that I wasn't selling into uptrends enough.

It's not easy balancing work life with trading. I remember the big red candle day starting out green and by the end of he day it was majorly red like the rest of the market. I expected it to bounce back, but didn't. Your consecutive loss rule would have caught that. Now I'm trying to decide if I just ride it out. The MACD, says to sell, but it's a lagging indicator and I think we've found out support at 18 again,
I would be careful with it.

There's a volume shelf at 18, then a gap down to 16.94ish that could get filled quick. Next support after that really isn't until 15ish.

They're in a good space and I'm looking for an opportunity to get back in the macros scream caution right now.

Agreed. Decided to stick with my plan and not trade against the trend. Caged out. Really no indication it's about to reverse yet.
SF2004
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Melt up approaching next week?
OutlawAG04
wow
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
That would be awesome!
Irish 2.0
McInnis 03 said:

Well...That is one way to keep the markt under 445 to protect your hedge!
Brewmaster
AG
Tread lightly all, domed look intraday now. If vix runs here, we may see new lows
McInnis 03
AG
It was performed above current value.....which means that may act as a resistance of sorts until it's breached.

But $4.7B? OMG
Spoony Love
AG
Not before we visit the 200EMA today.
FJ43
OSTK needs to hold here...
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

59 South
AG
59 South said:

I think we're getting closer to a bottom in growth land. Might take a few more weeks, but I'm getting ready. I have quite a bit of built up cash for long term entries so I keep monitoring and keep my buy list in constant flux.

At the moment, I'm looking to split in at least 3 stocks w/ buy zones:

SQ: 100-120
ENVX: 15-18
OSTK: 30-42

MGNI is also a possibility in the 11-13 range.
DOCU if it got down in the 80-90 range but not convinced that happens.
CRWD 120-130
TTD 50-55 but not convinced that happens either.

For safer, AMZN 2950-3000. I'm sure there are loads of other good options too though.

I probably won't buy any ROKU back since I already have a lot at a low cost average, but 100-150 is the range. Seems to be leading the pack on the way down for the past few weeks.
Into the upper zones of my buy targets now. Not buying today cause just don't think it is the longer term bottom yet.

If you're not already in CWH, it is ridiculously undervalued right now with a very nice dividend. Great for IRAs.

If OSTK gets much down further around 30, you may as well sell a kidney and a testicle to raise capital (especially if your baby making days are over).
Sully Dog
Irish 2.0 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I don't get it. What happened?
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
SF2004
AG
McInnis 03 said:

It was performed above current value.....which means that may act as a resistance of sorts until it's breached.

But $4.7B? OMG
One thing is for sure... when they hit the sell key.... bombs away!
OutlawAG04
SPY fighting to reclaim 61.8 fib now on intraday high low. Would love to see some volume start coming in and pick a direction
McInnis 03
AG
Sully Dog said:

Irish 2.0 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I don't get it. What happened?
Behind the scenes a couple of entites agreed to exchange $4.7B in shares of $SPY at $445.80....it's currently trading at 443.80
59 South
AG
AMZN at the bottom of its 1.5 year darvas box. If that breaks down, watch out. It is also at long term trend support from 2008 which has now been touched 3 times (Jan 2015, March 2020, Jan 2022 now).
FJ43
QQQ

Quick trend line connecting 9/20 & 10/20 vs a support level. Interesting target.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Sully Dog
Thanks
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Towns03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Behind the scenes a couple of entites agreed to exchange $4.7B in shares of $SPY at $445.80....it's currently trading at 443.80
what's the likely reason for the buy? what is the buyer forecasting? more growth?
McInnis 03
AG
Towns03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

what's the likely reason for the buy? what is the buyer forecasting? more growth?
With dark pool we can never know, it's an equal weighted transaction for two parties that come to an agreement. The key thing to remember with dark pool is it becomes an "interest area". If a boat load of shares are turning at a certain price, that price point often becomes a support/resistance going forward.
Dan Scott
AG
Buying NVDA. I like the relative strength it showed today and 240 was a target. If this goes below 200 will go all-in

Buying calls for next week. We're going to bounce. Market acting like March 2020 right now
Talon2DSO
AG
I've been watching the NVDA 260c 2/4.

Thoughts? I figure on a rise, I don't need it to get there and still make money on the call.
planoaggie123
AG
I am watching NVDA and TTD.

Holding long on both so probably should just jump in but seeing if there is more correction to come...if i hit it on the way back up a bit i would be ok with that...
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So does an entity with 4.7B set stop losses? I assume they immediately collar a purchase like this. Do they start trimming as soon as they reach break even, causing resistance on movement upward from there? All of the above?
Everybody loves a dirt road
Dan Scott
AG
Anybody know where Tom Lee is at
ProgN
Judge blocks Biden vaccine mandate for federal workers in fresh blow
First Page Last Page
Page 4882 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.