Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,945,712 Views | 231497 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by permabull
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
POWW earnings monday, but just broke $7 in PM for a moment........I have calls here for DEC.
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AMD and MSFT......ripe......
FB too.
FTAG 2000
AG
Can we talk stocks with high instituational ownership for a minute (talking in the 90%+ range).

How do the market macros affect them? It would seem less, from trying to eyeball, but I'm just looking at a small sample size right now too. Trying to figure out what to do with some company stock here before EOY.
Brewmaster
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

M4 Benelli said:

I never had weed in my life. If SNLD rockets, I'll buy some CBD for my middle aged back pain.
I use Delta 8 for chronic pain. Haven't taken an opiod pain killer in almost a year.
fwiw, I lift and do planks more often. Whenever back pain hits, (for me at least) it's due to poor posture (on and off the bike). Strengthening my back and tons of planks always does the trick. Dead lifts fairly heavy helps too, feels like it pulls pressure off the lower spine.

this is not for everyone though! I'm also a stomach sleeper which doesn't help me.

Brewmaster
AG
Hold onto your butts! SNDL just getting warmed up!

well poop.... let's see what the open brings us though.

FTAG 2000
AG
Irish 2.0
AG 2000' said:

Can we talk stocks with high instituational ownership for a minute (talking in the 90%+ range).

How do the market macros affect them? It would seem less, from trying to eyeball, but I'm just looking at a small sample size right now too. Trying to figure out what to do with some company stock here before EOY.
Less exposed to selloffs and corrections typically because they're held in funds that aren't tinkered with daily. Minus a macro event that causes a fear selloff, they tend to be safer harbors for investors that are still looking for returns.

But honestly right now due to how extended the market is, the institutional owned stocks won't be immune to this correction when it happens. Way too many are sitting very high above the 50DMA and funds will need liquidity eventually
FTAG 2000
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

AG 2000' said:

Less exposed to selloffs and corrections typically because they're held in funds that aren't tinkered with daily. Minus a macro event that causes a fear selloff, they tend to be safer harbors for investors that are still looking for returns.

But honestly right now due to how extended the market is, the institutional owned stocks won't be immune to this correction when it happens. Way too many are sitting very high above the 50DMA and funds will need liquidity eventually
Thank you.
Irish 2.0
BREwmaster said:

Irish 2.0 said:

M4 Benelli said:

I never had weed in my life. If SNLD rockets, I'll buy some CBD for my middle aged back pain.
I use Delta 8 for chronic pain. Haven't taken an opiod pain killer in almost a year.
fwiw, I lift and do planks more often. Whenever back pain hits, (for me at least) it's due to poor posture (on and off the bike). Strengthening my back and tons of planks always does the trick. Dead lifts fairly heavy helps too, feels like it pulls pressure off the lower spine.

this is not for everyone though! I'm also a stomach sleeper which doesn't help me.

Don't think planks will help a blown knee and shoulder, but I'll give it a shot! lol
Saltyag15
AG
McInnis 03 said:

POWW earnings monday, but just broke $7 in PM for a moment........I have calls here for DEC.
I bought shares last week with some SAVA profits after the big run up. Let's ride!
Brewmaster
AG
LOL, sorry didn't see that part. Bourbon and surgery then for you! haha.
AgEng06
AG
What's up w/ FTCH? Options haven't moved/updated on TOS?
TheBiggerEvent
AG
came here to post the same..
cptthunder
TheBiggerEvent said:

came here to post the same..
Glad imnot going crazy.... nothing in ATP or Robinhood(just another easy way to check)

Nevermind there they go
astros4545
AG
AgEng06 said:

What's up w/ FTCH? Options haven't moved/updated on TOS?
Delay on the price change

Jumped from $.135 to $3.70
Irish 2.0
mazag08
AG
ELOX just lost support. Support now at $1.26 where it hit today. Lose that and it's $1.17 which is all time low.

FTAG 2000
AG
All the macros geronimo.

Okay, from S1 areas down to pivots on Woodie's.

Where to next?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Are you me?
I keep a steady diet of aleve and rye. Chiropractor, hamstring stretches, and rom exercises for the shoulder help
gougler08
AG
You can sell Nov $1.5 covered calls on SNDL for $0.05 right now, seems like a great way to lower cost basis or a big net gain if it squeezes next week
FTAG 2000
AG
gougler08 said:

You can sell Nov $1.5 covered calls on SNDL for $0.05 right now, seems like a great way to lower cost basis or a big net gain if it squeezes next week
If it runs up to the 1.5 area between now and then I'm going to be cashing out, sorry. Don't want to be covered up by CCs.
cptthunder
Leaving one runner on FTCH because there is so much time left on these
OA for the big win again!
Irish 2.0
NRD09 said:

Are you me?
I keep a steady diet of aleve and rye. Chiropractor, hamstring stretches, and rom exercises for the shoulder help
High West Double Rye and Rendezvous are a staple of my diet. COVID has made open container laws basically obsolete in Houston, so I'll enjoy a nice 5 mile walk in the afternoon with an Arturo Fuente and a few fingers over a little ice along the Heights trails.
Philip J Fry
AG
BREwmaster said:

Hold onto your butts! SNDL just getting warmed up!

well poop.... let's see what the open brings us though.

Aaaand gone.
Brewmaster
AG

.82ish is model T I believe.

SNDL
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
You just gave me a visual of Ron White exercising.
I pretty much stick to michters since Willett dried up
La Bamba
AG
mazag08 said:

ELOX just lost support. Support now at $1.26 where it hit today. Lose that and it's $1.17 which is all time low.

ELOX chart looks like absolute dog sh*t.
Irish 2.0
NRD09 said:

I pretty much stick to michters since Willett dried up
I've got a locker at Permissions in Houston too that a friend and I keep some harder to find stuff in. We just killed a bottle of Widow Jane 15 and it was AMAZING!! Just so hard to find.
agdaddy04
AG
La Bamba said:

mazag08 said:

Has OA posted about it recently? It's still a big MA right?
H-town ag
AG
agdaddy04 said:

La Bamba said:

mazag08 said:

ELOX price target was lowered from $3 to $2.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

wanderer said:

More relevant earnings for tomorrow.
  • NRG before the bell
  • ELOX after hours

Gonna try and dump my elox today, earnings on clinical stage pharmas are usually formalities and are never good, the best they can be is "not bad" i.e. have enough cash to operate for x years at current burn rate without a split or offering. I don't think preliminary results, trials, etc ever get announced at earnings

This worked out well. I'll be happy to buy back in at 1.18
La Bamba
AG
agdaddy04 said:

La Bamba said:

mazag08 said:

This was last I saw. Hit $1.50 on Nov 3 and has sold off ever since.

mazag08
AG
mazag08 said:

SNDL to $0.96 seems inevitable. I think the real question is will it take out the $1.06 or $1.12 major resistance levels before a sizeable correction.

We're currently sitting at the 138% extension of Waves 1 and 2 which is a typical wave 3 landing area. I expect an early morning dip to $0.81 range and then upward to the 176% extension which is $0.96. The $1.12 level is exactly at the 261% extension level. That would be awful frothy, but is possible.

I'll be going net free on the shares I acquired over the last month once we hit $0.96.
Well I was dead on, but there was no early morning correction before getting there. It touched off the 200% extension this morning. It's hard to tell if that should be considered the 3rd wave or the 5th wave. When it happens that quick, there's almost no measuring it, so we need action to tell us what it's going to do next.

If this morning was a 3rd wave, then it should retrace 38% to 50% of that wave which went from $0.6305 to $0.9996. The 38% is $0.85 and it's hovering there now. The 50% is $0.8174.

If it was a 5th wave, then that becomes our larger degree Wave 1 top and we are looking for a Wave 2 correction. That should land somewhere between 50% and 61% of Wave 1 which started at $0.6111. So our levels would be 50% = $0.8043 and 61% = $0.7592.

So watch the levels and know where you are. And I wouldn't rule out it resuming it's rip. If we are looking for the 5th wave still, resistance levels are $1.06 and $1.12. If we are in the larger degree Wave 1, bottom in the Wave 2, and are looking for the the next subwave top, we'd be looking around $1.03 - $1.07.

Price action will tell us what it's doing and where to go next. And there's plenty of sentiment, se there shouldn't be any surprise breakdowns. Only surprise explosions.
Irish 2.0
McInnis 03
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 4642 of 6615

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.